1.    #1  
    I know there is a patch for it, but I cant find or know the proper name of it. I know there is a way to change the Sprint name to your own custom name. I saw the thread a while back, but I hit a wall with the search option.

I appreciate any help on the matter.

Patch webOS Change Carrier String - WebOS Internals

I don't know if there's an actual patch, since it would only be able to set the string to one thing at a time. There might be, though.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Patch webOS Change Carrier String - WebOS Internals

I don't know if there's an actual patch, since it would only be able to set the string to one thing at a time. There might be, though.
    This could be something Jason could easily put in WebOSQuickInstall...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Maybe, either as a patch with a standard replacement string in it or maybe a field in the software where the string could be set. Totally possible but might be a little messy, though.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Maybe, either as a patch with a standard replacement string in it or maybe a field in the software where the string could be set. Totally possible but might be a little messy, though.
    I was thinking a combination... a patch that is edited right before being installed... just prompt to input string.. change patch file.. apply.. and done.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    tried it. it works !
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the replies on the matter, and a patch for such a mod would be cool. It will give your Pre a personal touch IMO.

So is a patch file in the works that I can edit and then install through wobos QI?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ^^^ What he said.
    here is the patch i put together that enables you to change the carrier string as well as it's color and the color of the date and time. be sure to follow the instructions i have on the page to find out how to modify the file to include your own carrier string and color values and then install via QI.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...date-time.html
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    i'm hoping to one day learn enough about programming to make a simple app that would enable you to open the app and change the carrier string or colors at any time...just not there yet
    My Patches

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Just be careful to turn off the patch before entering the sprint store :P
    Don't wanna anger them!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    dont mess with this!!!!! i changhed this in theme builder when i was making a theme.....now i cant make it go back to normal!!!!!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    dont mess with this!!!!! i changhed this in theme builder when i was making a theme.....now i cant make it go back to normal!!!!!
    follow the link to the patch i posted above, change the text values to Sprint, and change the colors to #fff; and you will have it back to normal...nothing difficult at all.
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"