Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 76 of 76
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #61  
    Hello,

    Here are the two paths I get in my error messages:
    usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/telephonyevenlistener.jsjsjs

    Before I delete those directories, anybody want to chime in with "looks good" or "NO you fool, don't touch THOSE!"?

    Figured that way I may be a little safer...

    Thanks
    .

    My thanks button no work!
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by goky View Post
    Hello,

    Here are the two paths I get in my error messages:
    usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/telephonyevenlistener.jsjsjs

    Before I delete those directories, anybody want to chime in with "looks good" or "NO you fool, don't touch THOSE!"?

    Figured that way I may be a little safer...

    Thanks
    Those are webos files, if you remove them you will have to restore them manually or visit the doctor. Any other patch relying on something they modified in those files will break and not be able to remove if you replace them.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Those are webos files, if you remove them you will have to restore them manually or visit the doctor. Any other patch relying on something they modified in those files will break and not be able to remove if you replace them.
    What would you suggest?

    Of some interest, I notice that the Preware I have been using is out of date... But it hasn't mentioned it to me, I am now updating with quick install.
    .

    My thanks button no work!
  4. #64  
    Now that I have updated Preware, rather than the message that I should 'remove old version and install new' (remove is what I could not do, got the errors folk had above), I now get a "Downloading / Replacing" spinner... It has been running for several minutes. Not a good sign.
    .

    My thanks button no work!
  5. #65  
    Ok I hope someone can help. I followed step #2 exactly, and when I got a successful delete message for my first file, my phone turned off. When I tried to turn it back on, it shows the palm logo for about 20 sec, then fades away, then tries to restart again. It will not turn on at all, just looping through restarts. Any ideas?????
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by goky View Post
    Now that I have updated Preware, rather than the message that I should 'remove old version and install new' (remove is what I could not do, got the errors folk had above), I now get a "Downloading / Replacing" spinner... It has been running for several minutes. Not a good sign.
    Ok, after going drastic on my phone (erase etc.) I decided to fight the good fight on the SO's phone. It had 6 of these "won't die, won't update" patches.

    Finally after much searching I came upon:

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-1-4-a-2.html

    And the grand solution, once I found it was really REALLY straightforward:

    In Webos Quick Install go > Tool > Linux Commandline. In the box type something like (you will wish to substitute your bad app, for details see the other thread):

    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-nascar-app

    It says (Linux long blah blah) that it's deleting it, repeated for others, restarted the Pre and <trumpets> they were gone!

    Reinstalled them, they work! Happy happy, joy joy!

    Thanks GoGayleGo, and egaudet

    Just wish that answer had been in this thread when I looked for my phone.

    In case the above link doesn't show for everyone: PreCentral Forums > webOS Software and Chat > web OS Development > Cannot Unpatch 1.4 > page 2
    Last edited by goky; 03/04/2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: added '
    .

    My thanks button no work!
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by goky View Post
    Ok, after going drastic on my phone (erase etc.) I decided to fight the good fight on the SO's phone. It had 6 of these "won't die, won't update" patches.

    Finally after much searching I came upon:

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-1-4-a-2.html

    And the grand solution, once I found it was really REALLY straightforward:

    In Webos Quick Install go > Tool > Linux Commandline. In the box type something like (you will wish to substitute your bad app, for details see the other thread):

    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-nascar-app

    It says (Linux long blah blah) that it's deleting it, repeated for others, restarted the Pre and <trumpets> they were gone!

    Reinstalled them, they work! Happy happy, joy joy!

    Thanks GoGayleGo, and egaudet

    Just wish that answer had been in this thread when I looked for my phone.

    In case the above link doesn't show for everyone: PreCentral Forums > webOS Software and Chat > web OS Development > Cannot Unpatch 1.4 > page 2
    Just to note, you only want to do that when you know for sure the patch is not applied to the webOS files. This removes package data only and does not touch webOS files. An error on removal is -usually- meaningful with AUPT patches, and this workaround is -normally- only done for old style patches with worse removal logic.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Just to note, you only want to do that when you know for sure the patch is not applied to the webOS files. This removes package data only and does not touch webOS files. An error on removal is -usually- meaningful with AUPT patches, and this workaround is -normally- only done for old style patches with worse removal logic.
    I'm pretty sure these were all old patches. Or at least they may have been damaged at an earlier point and thus never updated. On my Pre I did note that they wouldn't upgrade (some webOS update ago), but since they worked I didn't pay it much mind. With this upgrade: No work, no update, no removal.

    All the other techniques (EPR, Preware update all, etc.) short of partial erase and/or doctor didn't seem to have any effect.

    I suspect that there may indeed be some lines left in webOS files. But my hope, valid or not, is that they may be overwritten by reinstalling the patches. If not, so far no problems... I will try to note any problems if they do show up. And if something shows up down the line, likely it won't demand worse than the doctor / erase would have been this time.

    Thank you Eric for your help. Hopefully with AUPT these will be a thing of the past.
    .

    My thanks button no work!
  9. #69  
    goky.....hey thanks. I removed a bunch of patches that were screwed after the 1.4 update and this method worked great....time consuming, but great!
  10. #70  
    I deleted this file directory:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

    And now my messaging doesnt work, how do I add this back into the directory?
  11. #71  
    I'm not sure, but it won't be long before WebOS Repair Utility is updated so you can use that to "fix" your Pre. Jason said that the new version is coming soon.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpd189 View Post
    I deleted this file directory:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

    And now my messaging doesnt work, how do I add this back into the directory?
    This is the third such case of this, because of the vague and dangerous step 2.

    Please remove step 2 or properly clarify it with examples and/or images.
    Last edited by egaudet; 03/09/2010 at 08:44 PM.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  13. #73  
    I currently have two corrupt patches, and after all this post hunting, I've decided, screw it, the corrupt patches aren't worth all the headache, I'm leaving them, no sweat off my back. My pre updated fine, no other problems, preware is letting me install all the other patches that I really want. CORRUPT PATCHES FOR LIFE!!!!
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by team16niss View Post
    i currently have two corrupt patches, and after all this post hunting, i've decided, screw it, the corrupt patches aren't worth all the headache, i'm leaving them, no sweat off my back. My pre updated fine, no other problems, preware is letting me install all the other patches that i really want. Corrupt patches for life!!!!
    lmaooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    This is the third such case of this, because of the vague and dangerous step 2.

    Please remove step 2 or properly clarify it with examples and/or images.
    i will not remove steps becuse some people cant follow them. I am not the congress. i will not try and dumb down everything because some poeple can't follow instructions.


    Quote Originally Posted by rwingsfan View Post
    goky.....hey thanks. I removed a bunch of patches that were screwed after the 1.4 update and this method worked great....time consuming, but great!
    some people get it!
  16. #76  
    all i did was look in preware...i typed in the theme i had and once i found it i clicked it and instead of the button saying "install" it said "remove"
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions