Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Great threat worked for me...I just successfully removed all of my "stuck" nonfunctioning patches from Preware by doing the following. Works like a charm and will clean these out of Preware so you can reinstall the ones you actually want. Here you go:

1) Write or remember all of these "stuck" or "hanging" patches that show up unnecessarily on PreWare.
    2) Now open WOSQI 2.96 and while in Dev Mode/Just Charging to to the "Tweaks" menu and then to the "Online Repository" tab.
    3) Using the Repository, INSTALL all of the patches you wrote down in 1). They should act as if they are being normally installed. Go through and Install all of them.
    4) Then, without doing a Luna Restart, run the EPR utility at bottom left of the box.
    5) After the EPR has been run and your Pre has rebooted, run Preware and you should now have NO patches showing in Preware. You may have to do this more than once to get all patches off.
    6) Go ahead and reinstall the patches you want...they should all install very smoothly.

I did this exact process and it worked very well in getting annoying stuck patches off Preware.

Hope it helps....
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I had to go all the way to step #5.
    I can't get my pre to connect via usb to do any of the above steps. Any ideas???
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by grigolo View Post
    I can't get my pre to connect via usb to do any of the above steps. Any ideas???
    restart phone or computer or both. not sure what's up
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Great threat worked for me...I just successfully removed all of my "stuck" nonfunctioning patches from Preware by doing the following. Works like a charm and will clean these out of Preware so you can reinstall the ones you actually want. Here you go:

1) Write or remember all of these "stuck" or "hanging" patches that show up unnecessarily on PreWare.
    2) Now open WOSQI 2.96 and while in Dev Mode/Just Charging to to the "Tweaks" menu and then to the "Online Repository" tab.
    3) Using the Repository, INSTALL all of the patches you wrote down in 1). They should act as if they are being normally installed. Go through and Install all of them.
    4) Then, without doing a Luna Restart, run the EPR utility at bottom left of the box.
    5) After the EPR has been run and your Pre has rebooted, run Preware and you should now have NO patches showing in Preware. You may have to do this more than once to get all patches off.
    6) Go ahead and reinstall the patches you want...they should all install very smoothly.

I did this exact process and it worked very well in getting annoying stuck patches off Preware.

Hope it helps....
    I'll have to take your word for it. My work computer blocks the online repository. thanks for posting everything helps.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thank you very much... Deleting the directories did it... open pre-ware and re-install
    KybdPlr
    I try to install a patch and get...'reverse or previously applied patch detected...see webOS patches log for more info...where do I find this 'patches log'? I've run EPR but still can't get this patch off or on (Jason's awesome hide quick launch bar in launcher).
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    I try to install a patch and get...'reverse or previously applied patch detected...see webOS patches log for more info...where do I find this 'patches log'? I've run EPR but still can't get this patch off or on (Jason's awesome hide quick launch bar in launcher).

you try to install the patch in??? Preware? there is a button that says log under the one that say ok. Try to install it in Webos Quick install and the error log with pop up on the screen. than you can do step #2 on the first post.
    I tried to install the patch via webos quick install...I get a pop up that says 'reverse or previously applied patch detected'...I can't see it in preware or webos quick install, so I can't install or uninstall it...
    I'm working on this now. Been at it for 3 hours. Frustrating.

Edit 9:41pm This is really sad. Just ran epr again and for some reason none of my apps show up in the launcher.
    Last edited by cntv94; 02/10/2010 at 11:31 PM.
    caj2008 thanks for the help, but I'm unable to see your signature because I don't have the required 10 posts. I had a breakthrough in that I got my apps restored, but still dealing with the patch removal issue.
    11:00pm PST Successfully removed all patches.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cntv94 View Post
    11:00pm PST Successfully removed all patches.
    how did you do it?
    I've been having trouble removing the No auto refresh in browser patch. I tried deleting the usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/widget_webview.jsjsjs $and$ $the$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$widget_webview$.$js$.$rej$ $in$ $WebOS$ $QI$ $as$ $was$ $suggested$.

I did another EPR, and the patch still remains! I can see it in WebOS QI under the tweaks --> online repository. It has the little ++ marks next to it. I try to uninstall the patch, and I get this error message:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh
    can't find file to patch at input line 5
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was
    ----------------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/widget_webview.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$widget_webview$,$js$
    index 6f1811c..d721d21 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/widget_webview.jsjsjs
    |+ + + b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/widget_webview.jsjsjs
    -----------------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? (y]
    skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Any ideas?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Cracker View Post
    I've been having trouble removing the No auto refresh in browser patch. I tried deleting the usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/widget_webview.jsjsjs $and$ $the$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$widget_webview$.$js$.$rej$ $in$ $WebOS$ $QI$ $as$ $was$ $suggested$.

I did another EPR, and the patch still remains! I can see it in WebOS QI under the tweaks --> online repository. It has the little ++ marks next to it. I try to uninstall the patch, and I get this error message:

Any ideas?
    the direction i have posted say try to RE-install and use the error message. i would think that un-installing would have a different error. i have not tested this.
    the only other ideas i have are to make sure you selected the "directory" when deleting. otherwise maybe put the a/usr/... like in your error message.

other than that it maybe be time to use repair utility.
    Last edited by drewjohn; 02/11/2010 at 02:10 PM.
    This thread seems outdated and contains information that could send many users to the doctor.

AUPT patches do not get stuck, if they fail to remove there is a valid reason.

Step 2 is especially very dangerous and something I would never suggest as a general step to follow. This is a "I Know exactly what I am doing" step.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    the direction i have posted say try to RE-install and use the error message. i would think that un-installing would have a different error. i have not tested this.
    the only other ideas i have are to make sure you selected the "directory" when deleting. otherwise maybe put the a/usr/... like in your error message.

other than that it maybe be time to use repair utility.
    This is the reason I suggest not posting the steps as "generic" fix up steps. The post in question accidentally removed a Palm stock file from his Pre. The only ways back are EPR (maybe), RU or Doctor.

A generic step to remove files/directories on a public forum is just asking for trouble IMO.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    This thread seems outdated and contains information that could send many users to the doctor.

AUPT patches do not get stuck, if they fail to remove there is a valid reason.

Step 2 is especially very dangerous and something I would never suggest as a general step to follow. This is a "I Know exactly what I am doing" step.
    EDIT: i just noticed that you were the second person to post on this post. Do you think this post would still be going if you were correct back then? Well, you were wrong then and you are wrong now.

these steps are anything but outdated. These steps work! I posted this because10, 20, 30 people are asking everyday how to remove stuck patches. This is how it's done plain and simple. These steps will save you from going to the doctor. I get on post after post where people are saying "I'm about to doctor my phone help." If you were about to do it anyway than you might as well try these first. Furthermore step #2 is the most effective step from fixing stuck patches. (that is why i put it in bold.) i will add a disclaimer if you think it is needed but for people on their last resort i don't think it will run them off.

I've only been "Thanked" 25 times on this post. That is proof in itself that this method works. If you don't want to use them than no one is making you. However, others with no other place to go for information need these steps to fix their phone.
    Last edited by drewjohn; 02/12/2010 at 08:11 AM.
    please help i have tried everything to remove my patchs and they wont I ran webos repair and a sofe reset and it wont remove them ive tried to reinstall them and that just do but the patch that i haven't had wont install i get the error ipkg log please help
    \
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    3) Run Preware or Quick Install's "emergency patch removal". it can be found on the preware app under linux applications. or just go to list of everything and type in the name. this will get rid of all patches. you will install it than remove it. it's very quick. if you still have problems continue on.

I do not have this on preware, I have the emergency patch recovery but not the removal. I have the latest update to preware and when I do a search or go to linux apps it is just not there. If I uses webosqi, and I go to patches it wants to update my patches because I have an early version, and of coarse it updates nothing just gives me errors and when I hit the done button boom back to the home screen. I have tried to delete the patches and no go.

is there a way for me to just download the emergency patch removal straight to webosqi, since I can not get to patch screen because it constantly wants to update patches that I do not have, and on preware there is no emergency patch removal to be found for me.

Please someone help me, I have spent two days on this, and have done the webos doctor thing and yes they still appear on my pre as an installed app on preware as well as webosqi wanting to update them and never letting me get to the patch screen to try other methods. I have tried so many different things as advice on these boards but still I have patches on preware that I can not update or remove.

any help would be so much appreciated. Please make it simple, I can only think I am just doing something wrong over and over.

Thanks
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast