Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Is there a reason for two separate patches that I am overlooking? I would like to see one patch that works whether the landscape patch is installed or not. I have a working patch and can update it if there are no objections?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robmiller View Post
    i got it to work but i wanted to change my avatar and wont change png image. i have deleted it and replaced it still has the original picture. i have uninstalled patch and reinstalled applied new avatar and when i go to messaging the original avatar is their. lol ***. its not even on the phone anymore. spooky huh? any suggestions? thanks
    have you rebooted? also, the newest patch that is/was on preware had a mistake (forgot to change the directory)

Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Is there a reason for two separate patches that I am overlooking? I would like to see one patch that works whether the landscape patch is installed or not. I have a working patch and can update it if there are no objections?
    If you have one, then post it here first so I can look over it. I couldn't figure out how to do it cause the landscape patch changes some of the same lines so in order to change them again it needed to be a second patch.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    If you have one, then post it here first so I can look over it. I couldn't figure out how to do it cause the landscape patch changes some of the same lines so in order to change them again it needed to be a second patch.

Rather than modifying the width inside of the original .message-container{} classes, I redefined the two classes a few lines down. The attached patch applies locally for me with and without the landscape patch applied. You can test and verify.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Rather than modifying the width inside of the original .message-container{} classes, I redefined the two classes a few lines down. The attached patch applies locally for me with and without the landscape patch applied. You can test and verify.
    looks good, but I'll have to wait till after work to test it... thanks
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Yes i have rebooted
    and i just tried to reinstall again. idk where it even getting that avatar anymore i deleted it from my phone.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robmiller View Post
    and i just tried to reinstall again. idk where it even getting that avatar anymore i deleted it from my phone.
    if your using the patch from preware as of this morning, it was going back to the original directory of images/my-avatar.png so if you still have a my-avatar.png there, that is why. I submitted an update this morning to fix that. It was my bad for trying to rush it out. There might be a new patch again soon that should work with or without landscape...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

media/internal is the main folder for you usb mode, such as F:/my-avatar.png
    preware has not updated it yet, but the one posted on the first page is updated. There is another on the way though...
    i do not see media/internal. and im on a mac so i dont have lettered drives like C:/ or F:/. i just dont get it lol
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikexmayhem View Post
    i do not see media/internal. and im on a mac so i dont have lettered drives like C:/ or F:/. i just dont get it lol
    don't worry about a folder or anything, just save the pic in the main drive folder, no additional folder nessesary. Its the same folder that pics are saved that you download from a website... Speaking of which, my g/f has volunteered to take requests for avatar pics... I will post them on a site that you can then simply download from the pre's browser...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

alright so i turned on the usb mode and it pops up on my comp. i click it and i get the files on my pre and such. i put the avatar there. not in any extra folders. just right in the main one. didnt show up. rebooted. didnt show up. am i still missing something? does the photo have to be like 40x40 or will it resize if its bigger?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikexmayhem View Post
    alright so i turned on the usb mode and it pops up on my comp. i click it and i get the files on my pre and such. i put the avatar there. not in any extra folders. just right in the main one. didnt show up. rebooted. didnt show up. am i still missing something? does the photo have to be like 40x40 or will it resize if its bigger?
    it will resize if its bigger, but I'm pretty sure it must be a square and a .png file.
    Did you install from preware today? if so, you'll need to wait until they update again. I had updated some things and when I made the patch again forgot to change the directory it looks for the pic in.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

oh yes i did update in preware today. i will wait till the new one is posted then. thanks
    how come incoming text messages with pics from contacts still show up on the right although when i send a text my avatar box is on the left ?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwhistle View Post
    how come incoming text messages with pics from contacts still show up on the right although when i send a text my avatar box is on the left ?
    That is how it is set up... your avatar on left while theirs is on the right.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

looks good, but I'll have to wait till after work to test it... thanks

Cool, just let me know here, or through aim or IRC channel and I'll push the update into the feed.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Cool, just let me know here, or through aim or IRC channel and I'll push the update into the feed.
    ok, I hadn't even thought about simply redeclaring things... what about the edit in chatview-assistant.jsjsjs? $its$ $gonna$ $be$ $off$ $by$ $about$ $11$ $lines$... $is$ $that$ $gonna$ $cause$ $and$ $error$?
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

ok, I hadn't even thought about simply redeclaring things... what about the edit in chatview-assistant.jsjsjs? $its$ $gonna$ $be$ $off$ $by$ $about$ $11$ $lines$... $is$ $that$ $gonna$ $cause$ $and$ $error$?

Nope simple line offsets will be handled cleanly by the GNU patch binary. Conflicts only occur when the context you are changing is different (i.e. changing the same line or direct context in the preceding or following 2 lines)

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Nope simple line offsets will be handled cleanly by the GNU patch binary. Conflicts only occur when the context you are changing is different (i.e. changing the same line or direct context in the preceding or following 2 lines)
    good to know...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Sorry for the ignorance on my part, but my avatar shows up on my threaded sms (on the left), but not at all on the person's who i am sending my messages to..is that normal?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    okay, sent message to go ahead with the modified single patch... looks good. Was having some issues with preware thinking I had the landscape patch already installed or something.. had to force it with wosqi...

edited first post also... thanks again emoney 33
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast