Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    thank you so much cdonehew and rush. I'll give it a go later today and be back to post either a success story or a sequal to the " For the Love of the Palm Gods " I'm determined to return with a success story and spread the knowledge to others
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    just wondering is it normal that only the phone from the pre user increases back to original size when i have 15pt font italics installed .... while all else remain at 15 pt ???
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    oh by the way people having trouble getting the file to .png and not near a computer u can always just do a screenshot of ur own pic u want to use n crop it then rename it or what not all screenshots are saved in .png format
    Quote Originally Posted by cballin22 View Post
    oh by the way people having trouble getting the file to .png and not near a computer u can always just do a screenshot of ur own pic u want to use n crop it then rename it or what not all screenshots are saved in .png format
    Thank you for that awesome tip cballin22
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    no problem at all
    Success! I love this patch
    Thank you elryon and everyone who helped.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

From my experience using this patch, if you have internalz installed on your phone & the image does not want to show up on your avatar, do this:
    1: Make sure it's located in /media/internal/. That would be just the very first place you see when you mount the Pre to your computer. So like F:/ or M:/ or whatever drive your Pre is on.

2: If you're particular as to what part of the picture you want, crop it. Crop that part out of the image and make sure you make it square!! So like I used an image of myself, and since it doesn't need to be huge or anything, I just cropped it into a 100x100 size. Works perfectly!

3: Copy the picture onto your Pre. At this point you can name it my-avatar.png or you can leave it.

If you're having trouble with my instructions from here on, just make sure you save it like that & when it asks the file type right under the filename, choose .png

So what it should look like is:

filename: my-avatar
    file type: PNG File (.png)

4: Disconnect your Pre from your computer & if you already named it my-avatar and it's in a .png format, than you should be good to go. If not, than open up Internalz, go to /media/internal/ if you're not there already, look for your file, if you named it my-avatar than it should be there, if you didn't and skipped ahead, just find the image file.

Once you do, click on it and than click Info. It should bring you to a screen that has some information of the file. (File name, location, size, last date it was modified, etc.) Click at the very top where the name is at it should make that section able to edit.

5: Erase everything in that title. That name there isn't needed & neither is the dot file format (.png, .jpg, etc.) Name it exactly like this: my-avatar.png & than tap on the screen somewhere, say yes, close Internalz, close the messaging app, than open it again & it should be there, at the very most, maybe a LUNA restart.

But if you followed my instructions correctly, it should work, I've tried it dozens of times & even if the file is a .jpg, it has worked if I just change the format to .png in Internalz.

Now I'm not sure if it works with .bmp, .gif, .tiff, .anything else. But I know that so far it's been working with a JPEG Image file. Hope you guys understand & that it works out for you.
    Thanks for that Prince Basil, makes some sense, but could complicate things for some people.

I also wanted to mention that when I USB mode my PrPrPr&#$275$; $it$ $is$ $connected$ $as$ $I$:/
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/24/2010 at 08:13 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    First - excellent patch - love it.

Is there any way to get a version of this released that will put the avatar image in a hidden folder. I just don;t like seeing the image in my Photos app is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Thanks for that Prince Basil, makes some sense, but could complicate things for some people.

I also wanted to mention that when I USB mode my PrPrPr&#$275$; $it$ $is$ $connected$ $as$ $I$:/
    Yeah, it's different based on what drives your computer is set with. Mine changes from M:/ to K:/ to L:/ sometimes. It's weird. Lmao!
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    First - excellent patch - love it.

Is there any way to get a version of this released that will put the avatar image in a hidden folder. I just don;t like seeing the image in my Photos app is all.
    I tried that...I manually edited the .jsjsjs $file$ $location$ $to$ $point$ $to$ $the$ $image$ $in$ $a$ $folder$ $I$ $created$, /$media$/$internal$/.$avatar$ ...$but$ $it$ $still$ $didn$'$t$ $show$ $up$. $Not$ $sure$ $why$ $but$ $it$ $seems$ $the$ .$js$ $script$ $doesn$'$t$ $read$ $from$ $hidden$ $folders$?

So for now I just put my image in my wallpapers folder and changed the location in the .jsjsjs $to$ $get$ $the$ $image$ $from$ $there$. $Not$ $ideal$ $but$ $at$ $least$ $my$ $avatar$ $now$ $blends$ $in$ $as$ $one$ $of$ $my$ $many$ $wallpapers$..$lol$

If anyone got this to work with a hidden folder please let me know.

For the record this also happened initially with the Virtual Keyboards images...I'm not sure how they fixed it but they did..

I suppose you could also just change the location to somewhere under /usr/ ...that would keep it from showing up, but it also removes the convenience of simply copying the png to internal...
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    wont let me download from preware keeps saying error
    my-avatar.png
    40x40
    placed on root

NOT WORKING
    I can't remove this patch for some reason. I'm getting an unable to run command. Unreversed patch detected?? Some help please.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-set-avatar-in-messaging-left-side.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    what do I need to do?

GOT IT ! ! Sorry
    Last edited by mrwonka75; 09/23/2010 at 05:22 AM.
    Avatar Patched worked fine installed in the root. I expected the avatar to be sent with the text (I'm not a real bright guy). I guess there is no way to do that so I ask what good is the avatar besides you like looking at it?
    please resubmit for the 2.1 feeds if you can! Thanks
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djwhitey View Post
    please resubmit for the 2.1 feeds if you can! Thanks
    Should be in the feeds, just got the approval email a few minutes ago.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    can somebody please help me i go to my message options & press set avatar & i pick the picture and the avatar didnt show up on the messages . . . help please ?
    Rush thank you so much.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast