Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I followed your instructions exactly...I converted an image of mine to a png and then placed it in /media/internal (the directory I'm in as soon as I connect via USB) and named it my-avatar.png and its still not working

Anything else I can try? Do I need to restart my phone or something? Thanks for your help!!
    Nevermind!! I got it!! I named it my-avatar.png which would make it my-avatar.png.png. I read your post above where you said NOT to do that b/c it wouldn't work! LOL Thanks for all the help and for the great patch!!
    This patch wont install for me. It must be conflicting with one of my other messaging patches. I have I phone style, character counter, signature loaded via woqi, no draft text, add select all and new message, audio video attachments, new card per convo, sms tone per contact, sms vibrate to five seconds, unlimited recipients, and timestamp clean installed so far. Does anyone have any idea as to what patch is conflicting with the avatar patch?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricoberto View Post
    This patch wont install for me. It must be conflicting with one of my other messaging patches. I have I phone style, character counter, signature loaded via woqi, no draft text, add select all and new message, audio video attachments, new card per convo, sms tone per contact, sms vibrate to five seconds, unlimited recipients, and timestamp clean installed so far. Does anyone have any idea as to what patch is conflicting with the avatar patch?
    The iphone style patch and this one both do the same with your avatar, so you don't need this one if you have that one.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Tried installing personal avatar left in WOSQI but got error attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh. and preware got ipkg log. Not sure which patch is affecting it, dont have themes but have the multi scrim patch. Also realized i have scrim chat balloon too. Scrims seems to work fine. wont take this patch or the set avatar patch. Anyone?
    VZW Palm Pre 2 2.1
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3109278787 View Post
    Tried installing personal avatar left in WOSQI but got error attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh. and preware got ipkg log. Not sure which patch is affecting it, dont have themes but have the multi scrim patch. Also realized i have scrim chat balloon too. Scrims seems to work fine. wont take this patch or the set avatar patch. Anyone?
    I believe it should install fine with those patches, but you could always uninstall them and try this one...
    also, which version of webos are you running and which version of this patch are you installing? There are some differences in versions in areas that affected this patch, specifically in 1.4.1.1
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

worked perfect for me...but by any chance what program can convert jpg to png..i want to use this image
    never mind found a program online..works great..
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    md5sum mismatch... I can't get this to install using preware
    Am I missing something? Really can't get this to work, installed patch, added my-avatar.png image (resized to 40x 40) to what I think is the right location (just dropped into main drive) but all I get is an empty box on the left of sms (no avatar)!!!

also running OSX theme and a few other patches (but don't think any that will affect this one)

Been trying for ages!! Any ideas
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simianchild View Post
    Am I missing something? Really can't get this to work, installed patch, added my-avatar.png image (resized to 40x 40) to what I think is the right location (just dropped into main drive) but all I get is an empty box on the left of sms (no avatar)!!!

also running OSX theme and a few other patches (but don't think any that will affect this one)

Been trying for ages!! Any ideas
    Make sure your restarting your phone after saving the avatar pic.. also make sure your actually changing the file type and not just the name. Using a photo editing program just save as the png type. Lastly make sure your not saving it as my-avatar.png.png... this is very common, when you save it just give it the name my-avatar
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Hi - new to all of this. Trying to use your software. have device in USB mode - looking at the device in" my computer, cannot find file you describe "media/internal/ directory" to add 40x40 avatar to. can you please explain this for dummies?
    thanks.
    got it! just put it right in the main file and it showed up. Thanks!
    Cool, Thanks got it
    thanks so much! i hope this works!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I finally got it to work, the issue was the name, i had it as"avatar" changed to it to "my-avatar" work perrrrrrrrrrrfect.
    thank you all
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imthebrain View Post
    worked perfect for me...but by any chance what program can convert jpg to png..i want to use this image
    You can try this website: Online Image Converter

or IrfanView on a Windows machine: IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
    For the love of Palm Gods I still don't understand this. I know how to convert an image. I know what sizes are suitable.

Do I create a my-avatar folder in internalz through my phone, then plug in my USB, select USB mode, open my files, and copy / paste my-avatar (without the .jpg) into the my-avatar folder i created in internalz? I didnt find /media/internal/my-avatar in internalz or USB mode after installing the patch.

I have no issues at all working with the alpha testing, such as f105, govnah, etc. But this for some reason has me stumped. Even after reading through this thread. I still have not gotten the answer I am looking for.

I shot my flare and am in need of some help, please.

Even if i don't intend on really utilizing this great patch, I want to solve the how to add my personal avatar portion of it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    For the love of Palm Gods I still don't understand this. I know how to convert an image. I know what sizes are suitable.

Do I create a my-avatar folder in internalz through my phone, then plug in my USB, select USB mode, open my files, and copy / paste my-avatar (without the .jpg) into the my-avatar folder i created in internalz? I didnt find /media/internal/my-avatar in internalz or USB mode after installing the patch.
    No need to create any folders. When you put your phone in USB mode the main folder that comes up is /media/internal (for instance when I put my phone in USB mode, the folder that comes up on my computer screen shows as F:\). Just copy and paste the my-avatar file here (it has to have a .png file extension, not .jpg), do a luna restart, and it should show up in the messaging app.
    Lets do this: Follow these instructions step by step, for all those who are still having problems with Placing avatar on left hand side.

First: Select the photo/pic that you want to use... Send that photo/pic to paint.(Make sure paint is downloaded on your computer) In paint tap on Edit, then tap on save as. Rename the photo/pic my-avatar, and make sure the png is the image in the box below.

Second: Go to where you keep your downloads, and select the photo/pic name my avatar. Plug up your phone to your computer, and put it in usb mode. Right click on the photo/pic, and send it to phone. (Note) Make sure you do have the patch on the device.

If that doesn't work.... you're missing a step, do it all over again.

Enjoy!
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast