Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    see title

    would it be possible to have a patch that does this? Its a minor annoyance to me to have to minimize an app in order to get rid of it...
  2. #2  
    Was thinking about this today, I agree this should be made into a patch.

    Its more intuitive and one less swipe where otherwise the button is useless apart from LED notifications which I can't even use on my EU Pre.
  3. markbugs's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #3  
    +1 Awesome idea
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    see title

    would it be possible to have a patch that does this? Its a minor annoyance to me to have to minimize an app in order to get rid of it...
    I would also like to be able to "Hold Center Button to Close app".

    - Craig
  5. #5  
    When doing the virtual keyboard, I could not find the center button input being passed to the mojo level. The first investigation that needs to be done is if there is any way to capture this event from mojo. Otherwise, it may have to wait until we crack hidd plugins.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  6. #6  
    I saw a comment somewhere in one of the apps of a plan to add a listener for that button. So I'd expect that we'll see the interface for handling it exposed in javascript in the future, if it's not already. They had a special name for that button, which I don't recall.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I saw a comment somewhere in one of the apps of a plan to add a listener for that button. So I'd expect that we'll see the interface for handling it exposed in javascript in the future, if it's not already. They had a special name for that button, which I don't recall.
    navi button, core_navi, ...

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  8. #8  
    Yup. it was corenav. And it was in the phone app.
    Btw, there's also a listener for the power button there, but I haven't had time to exactly figure it out.
  9. #9  
    Center button is not clickable...it is just an LED indicator (sort of like a light bulb)...your idea will not be possible.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    Center button is not clickable...it is just an LED indicator (sort of like a light bulb)...your idea will not be possible.

    Except you are wrong and it is clickable and it already works to minimize apps...

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Except you are wrong and it is clickable and it already works to minimize apps...
    +1.

    So without trying to sound like an ungrateful brat, is this patch possible at the current time?
  12. #12  
    nice option, i want it to
  13.    #13  
    thanks for all the input guys. I hope you all don't forget about this thread when more info about the center button becomes availablle to devs .
  14. #14  
    I don't believe there's a way to presumably close apps...I hope I turn out to be wrong on this though

Posting Permissions