1.    #1  
    I need some help out there. I'm trying to uninstall the add date- mm/dd patch and I keep getting an Error Removing: See IPKG Log message. How do I get this patch uninstalled ?
    Are you using Preware? If so then run the Emergency Patch Recovery tool. It will remove all patches, but it will try to fix any problems caused during install/unistall.
    Then you can reinstall the ones you want back on.
    I could have sworn there is an update to the package manager (today) that addresses an issue like this. ipk errors, unable to install...etc.
    MrPhil1914, I have successfully figured this out myself a few minutes ago (just started tweaking my Pre yesterday). I had the exact same thing happen to me, went to uninstall the mm/dd patch using Preware and it kept giving me errors. If you are tweaking, I am going to assume you know a little bit about command prompt (cmd). So, here is what I did to remove it, however, do so at your own risk. I have done this to my phone twice without any major problems, but take no responsibility if anything happens to your phone.

Open WebOSRepairUtility.jar
    Options -> Ensure there is a checkmark next to Override Compatibility
    Tools -> Restore Specific File
    Type in (no quotes): "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Wait for Palm Pre to restart

Open CMD (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    C:\> cd "\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin"
    C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin> novacom -t open tty://
    root@castle:\# cd usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/
    root@castle:\# ls

At this point, a list of 40 or more .jsjsjs $files$ $will$ $appear$. $Look$ $for$ $the$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ $file$, $that$ $will$ $be$ $the$ $file$ $that$ $you$ $just$ $restored$ $to$ $the$ $original$ $factory$ $settings$ $using$ $WebOSRepairUtility$.$jar$, $so$ $DONT$ $TOUCH$ $IT$!

Now, look for a version of bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$orig$ $or$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ($actually$, $both$ $will$ $be$ $present$, $and$ $those$ $are$ $part$ $of$ $the$ $patch$ $we$ $want$ $to$ $get$ $rid$ $of$, $so$ $we$'$re$ $going$ $to$ $delete$ $them$).

root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers# rm bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$orig$
    root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers# rm bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$
    root@castle:/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/.. (or however many cd .. commands are needed to get back to:
    root@castle:/#
    root@castle:/# cd var/usr/palm/applications/
    root@castle:/var/usr/palm/applications# ls

A list of files will appear, at the bottom look for a directory called org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd as that is the file we are going to delete.

root@castle:/var/usr/palm/applications# rmdir org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd
    root@castle:/var/usr/palm/applications# reboot

When your phone reboots back up, the mm/dd should be gone. If it's not, root back into the phone in CMD, and check the files above, mainly the directories to ensure the files we tried to delete are officially gone. If this doesn't work and you are getting another error, post up and I'll see if I can help you out.

Good luck!
    BuffsCyclist,

Thanks for the extremely informative response! This just occurred on my phone when I was preparing for the 1.3.1 upgrade. Have you reported this issue to webOS Internals?
    I am having the same issue.. Please someone help me..