Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 149
  1.    #1  
    I have created a script to make the process of getting your patch files into webOS-Patches (the feed Preware uses for the "Patch" category)!

    All you have to do is fill out the form and hit "Send it Off!" I will do the rest! Turn around time for submission of the form to the time its in the webOS-Patches feed and available in Preware should take no longer than an hour.

    Please pay attention to the required fields.

    Thank you to all of you who develop! Help me get all the patches into the webOS-Patches feed!

    UPDATED URL: dBsooner's webOS-Patches Submission Form

    (Old URL automatically forwards you)
    Let me know if you have any issues with it. I'm here to help.

    Disclaimer:
    By submitting your patch via the webOS-Patches Upload Form, committing it to the Gitorious.org/webos-internals/modifications repository or posting it to the webOS-Internals Wiki, you automatically agree the patch will be licensed under the MIT Open Source License. At this time, patches that are not licensed under the MIT Open Source License can not be included for distribution in the webOS-Patches feed which is used by Preware, WebOS Quick Install and PreLoad.
    Last edited by dBsooner; 11/12/2009 at 09:28 AM.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

    Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

    Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
  2. #2  
    WOOOO!! I got my patch submitted already.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    All patches submitted via the form until .... NOW ... have been added to the webOS-Patches feed. Be sure to update your feeds in PreWare to see them!
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

    Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

    Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
  4. #4  
    Thanks for doing this, but if the system is going to limit people to submitting a single patch, please put a warning on the submissions page. I submitted two, and after filling everything out for the second, I got the error "You have recently submitted a patch. Please try again later."

    And what's later? 10 minutes? 2 hours? 2 days?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    WOOOO!! I got my patch submitted already.
    can you tell me what the " wrap loction field patch " does i havnt a clue lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #6  
    Another note re: the submission form. It would be helpful to include a note on what the email address is used for. For instance, I don't really want my email included for everyone to see that looks at my patch, and potentially harvest-able by a bot. But if it's simply for the submission system to notify when the patch is posted or for an admin to contact me if there's a problem, I'm fine with that.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Thanks for doing this, but if the system is going to limit people to submitting a single patch, please put a warning on the submissions page. I submitted two, and after filling everything out for the second, I got the error "You have recently submitted a patch. Please try again later."

    And what's later? 10 minutes? 2 hours? 2 days?
    Don't use your "back" button. The wait is 15 minutes. I did this on purpose to prevent abuse. If you actually click the link in the "thank you page" to go back to the form, it will tell you that you have to wait. Using the back button doesn't refresh the form, therefor doesn't poll the server if you are eligible or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Another note re: the submission form. It would be helpful to include a note on what the email address is used for. For instance, I don't really want my email included for everyone to see that looks at my patch, and potentially harvest-able by a bot. But if it's simply for the submission system to notify when the patch is posted or for an admin to contact me if there's a problem, I'm fine with that.
    That is why email is not required. It IS available for all to see. In the IPKG meta-deta. The package will have the "maintainer" field and it is designed as: MAINTAINER = username <email@domain.com>

    So if you don't want it to be seen, don't put it. However, I would recommend making an email simply for development purposes. Like I have my dBsooner email address for development then my main email that is completely separate. Remember YOU as the developer of the PATCH are responsible for support of it. It would be nice if the USERS would have a way of getting in touch with you for help. No?
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

    Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

    Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
  8. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #8  
    how would we go about changing the email address then?
    also, the description needs changed I guess... havent looked at it yet, but a post said that it says to title the pic myavatar.png ... it needs to be my-avatar.png
    Last edited by elryon; 10/23/2009 at 09:21 AM.
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  9. Zob
    Zob is offline
    Zob's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    #9  
    Doesn't work for me; when I try to follow the link all I get is an empty page. This happens with both Safari and Firefox. I'm probably doing something really stupid.
  10. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #10  
    probably being updated... same here and it worked last night.
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  11. lordbah's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    can you tell me what the " wrap loction field patch " does i havnt a clue lol
    Open Calendar. Tap on an existing event. You see a details page where you can edit the event or just view it. The Location field (sometimes aka "Room") is only one line. If you have a really long string there, you have to scroll to the right to see the end of it, if you can manage to make it scroll. The patch allows this field to wrap onto multiple lines so that no horizontal scrolling is required.

    In my workplace some locations coming from Lotus Notes for conference rooms actually wrap onto as many as 7 lines! If your event locations are always nice short strings, then you won't notice any change and really don't need this patch.

    I should have noted in the description that the patch isn't effective until Luna is restarted.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    how would we go about changing the email address then?
    also, the description needs changed I guess... havent looked at it yet, but a post said that it says to title the pic myavatar.png ... it needs to be my-avatar.png
    PM me the change request. Since the patch isn't changing, just meta-data, I can do that quickly without you needing to submit it all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zob View Post
    Doesn't work for me; when I try to follow the link all I get is an empty page. This happens with both Safari and Firefox. I'm probably doing something really stupid.
    Works now. I was updating it to include the notes about the fields.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

    Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

    Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
  13. elryon's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #13  
    PM sent.
    Avatar on Left Patch
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

    Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

    Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    Don't use your "back" button. The wait is 15 minutes. I did this on purpose to prevent abuse. If you actually click the link in the "thank you page" to go back to the form, it will tell you that you have to wait. Using the back button doesn't refresh the form, therefor doesn't poll the server if you are eligible or not.
    Thanks for the clarification. Either I missed it before or you've updated the info on the thank you page. Might have been there previously... I hadn't had my coffee yet when I submitted the first patch. Just a suggestion: a little bigger font would make it more noticable.

    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    That is why email is not required. It IS available for all to see. In the IPKG meta-deta. The package will have the "maintainer" field and it is designed as: MAINTAINER = username <email@domain.com>

    So if you don't want it to be seen, don't put it. However, I would recommend making an email simply for development purposes. Like I have my dBsooner email address for development then my main email that is completely separate. Remember YOU as the developer of the PATCH are responsible for support of it. It would be nice if the USERS would have a way of getting in touch with you for help. No?
    Just not knowing where it was gonna show up, I was reluctant to provide the email address. Again, thanks for the clarification. I created a thread for my patch and related questions and users can be PM me on these forums, so that was enough for me.

    P.S. Hmmm, come to think of it, I should have put the forum thread as the patch homepage.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Just not knowing where it was gonna show up, I was reluctant to provide the email address. Again, thanks for the clarification. I created a thread for my patch and related questions and users can be PM me on these forums, so that was enough for me.
    Supplying an email for support makes it easier for the user as a simple tap of the maintainer link brings them to email you with subject of patch title.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    P.S. Hmmm, come to think of it, I should have put the forum thread as the patch homepage.
    That's the idea. If you need that changed to, PM me.

    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Supplying an email for support makes it easier for the user as a simple tap of the maintainer link brings them to email you with subject of patch title.
    emoney_33 is referring to tapping on the dev name inside PreWare.
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

    Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

    Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
  17. #17  
    Instead of bothering you with another PM dBsooner, i'll write it here..

    I was checking the status of this: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lti-patch.html

    I had submitted it like 5 minutes after you had posted this thread, but nothing on Preware yet. Was there an issue?
  18. #18  
    Just to be clear, this is only for the patch developers who should be submitting their own patches. Users should not be submitting patches for the developers.

    Right?

    If we see a patch that is not in the feed, we could send a PM to the patch developer asking,

    Would you submit your patch to the webOS-patches feed:
    http://www.dbsooner.com/webospatchupload.php

    - Craig
    Last edited by dBsooner; 11/12/2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Changed URL
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Open Calendar. Tap on an existing event. You see a details page where you can edit the event or just view it. The Location field (sometimes aka "Room") is only one line. If you have a really long string there, you have to scroll to the right to see the end of it, if you can manage to make it scroll. The patch allows this field to wrap onto multiple lines so that no horizontal scrolling is required.

    In my workplace some locations coming from Lotus Notes for conference rooms actually wrap onto as many as 7 lines! If your event locations are always nice short strings, then you won't notice any change and really don't need this patch.

    I should have noted in the description that the patch isn't effective until Luna is restarted.
    thanks alot for the description there
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #20  
    This will probably help some too.

    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...f-creator.html

    Only problem though is what if multiple people submit the same thing?
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions