Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    It hasn't been submitted to us yet
    dbsooner PM'd me about it early yesterday morning. I quickly replied that my patches are MIT, with their metadata already included in the patch themselves, so he can feel free to upload patches to the feed. I don't have a Pre, thus don't regularly use Preware and didn't know they weren't uploaded until it was brought up to me today. So I've added them via the form just now.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCapo View Post
    I submitted my webOS patch (for GSM 1.1.3) this morning and it's still not showing up on the feed - is this an automatic process or does someone need to manually review it before it gets onto the feed? It did say that it should take no longer than an hour for a patch to appear on the feed, so I'm just wondering if something has gone wrong or if I did something wrong?
    I believe, and feel free to correct me, but dbsooner reviews the patches before they get added to webos-internals' git. From there, it's like 5-15min (I forget the specific #) before they're built by autopatch automatically and added to the feed.
    Since a patch can effectively do anything on a Pre (good and evil), we must review all patches from a security point of view before packaging them automatically.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    anything about a signature patch....for texting.....we already have one for email....

and is the youtube app in preware yet...

thanks for ur work...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Since a patch can effectively do anything on a Pre (good and evil), we must review all patches from a security point of view before packaging them automatically.

-- Rod
    Cool yep - makes sense. I wait patiently then...
    Sorry to bug someone in this thread, but submitted the updated multi browser patch two days ago.. and was checking on the status.
    A bunch more got added tonight, including the multi-mod. Looks like we're now at 104.

Weirdly enough I'm having issues installing the Pandora patch I made via this. Going to try a few things and then try again.

Edit: Tried deleting Pandora and reinstalling it, figuring I'd left something modified in the file, and getting an error:

patch: util.c:427: savebuf: Assertion `s && size' failed.
    Aborted
    Could it possibly be something to do with the last line of the patch?

Code:
    --- .orig/var/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.pandora/app/core/device_service.jsjsjs
    +++ /$var$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$pandora$/$app$/$core$/$device_service$.$js$
    @@ -$121$,$6$ +$121$,$9$ @@
     		$Util$.$log$(&$quot$;$media$ $event$: &$quot$; + $event$.$key$);
     		$switch$ ($event$.$key$) {
     			$case$ &$quot$;$next$&$quot$;:
    +				$this$.$serviceRequest$ = $new$ $Mojo$.$Service$.$Request$(&$quot$;$palm$://$com$.$palm$.$vibrate$&$quot$;, {
    +					$method$: '$vibrate$', $parameters$: { '$period$': $0$,'$duration$': $750$ }
    +				});
     				$AppGlobals$.$station$.$skip$();
     				$break$;

\ $No$ $newline$ $at$ $end$ $of$ $file$
    I've never noticed that before on other patches. I'm using Jason's Unified Diff Creator to make the patches after modifying the files, and I've double-checked that everything is correct otherwise.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 10/31/2009 at 11:30 PM.
  7.    #107  
    WebOS-Patches has reached a milestone! We are now over 100 patches in the feed!!! Keep them coming!

The latest update gets us to 104. The update included:

New:
    Email: Add Move to Folder Button
    Email: Add High Priority and Discard Buttons
    Email: Swap the Reply to All button with Move to Folder
    Pandora: Headset Advance Vibrate (Long Vibrate on Advance in Pandora)
    Sounds and Alerts: TouchStone Charge Alert Fix
    Video Player: Swipe to Delete Videos
    YouTube: Copy URL to Clipboard
    YouTube: Hyperlinks in Descriptions

Updated:
    Browser: Multi Mod
    Universal Search: Command Line (USCL)

Sorry it took so long to get these into the feed. With it being a holiday weekend, I was little backed up. Enjoy!
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Code:
    \ No newline at end of file
    Kinda. It might have been DOS formatted file. After I deleted these lines and saved it, I had no issues applying it. But I don't think the last line was the culprit. I have fixed and pushed it off. Should be "updated" in the next 2 minutes. Be sure to "Update Feeds".
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    Kinda. It might have been DOS formatted file. After I deleted these lines and saved it, I had no issues applying it. But I don't think the last line was the culprit. I have fixed and pushed it off. Should be "updated" in the next 2 minutes. Be sure to "Update Feeds".
    Yeah, just installed now for me, thanks.
    A bunch more got added tonight, including the multi-mod. Looks like we're now at 104.

Weirdly enough I'm having issues installing the Pandora patch I made via this. Going to try a few things and then try again.

Edit: Tried deleting Pandora and reinstalling it, figuring I'd left something modified in the file, and getting an error:

Code:
    --- .orig/var/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.pandora/app/core/device_service.jsjsjs
    +++ /$var$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$pandora$/$app$/$core$/$device_service$.$js$
    @@ -$121$,$6$ +$121$,$9$ @@
     		$Util$.$log$(&$quot$;$media$ $event$: &$quot$; + $event$.$key$);
     		$switch$ ($event$.$key$) {
     			$case$ &$quot$;$next$&$quot$;:
    +				$this$.$serviceRequest$ = $new$ $Mojo$.$Service$.$Request$(&$quot$;$palm$://$com$.$palm$.$vibrate$&$quot$;, {
    +					$method$: '$vibrate$', $parameters$: { '$period$': $0$,'$duration$': $750$ }
    +				});
     				$AppGlobals$.$station$.$skip$();
     				$break$;

\ $No$ $newline$ $at$ $end$ $of$ $file$
    I've never noticed that before on other patches. I'm using Jason's Unified Diff Creator to make the patches after modifying the files, and I've double-checked that everything is correct otherwise.

Anyone using DOS mode (i.e. default in most Windows editors) will be adding additional <CR> bytes to end of lines which cause patches to fail to apply.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Well, it was created with Jason's tool, as I mentioned. Checking what I uploaded in Notepad++ has it already in UNIX format, so I don't know. Anyway, it's working now at least.
    Should updated patches be submitted through the form as well? Pandora's update messed up my patch for it, so I had to change a couple things.
    whats going on with this Jason has submitted his Youtube download patch a while ago and still nothing has been posted for a few days. Are you guys not posting anything anymore untill 1.3.1 is realleased or what.
    I think they're just busy with other stuff. My Pandora patch should be temporarily removed though. Unfortunately, the 11/1 update broke headset button support in general, which means there's not even a point in my updating the patch.
    The Pandora Headset Advance Vibrate patch still needs to be pulled, I mentioned this a while back but it's still there. Doesn't work with the newest version of Pandora- the headset button support is entirely broken in Pandora and has been since 11/1's update.
  16.    #116  
    The Pandora Headset Advance Vibrate patch still needs to be pulled, I mentioned this a while back but it's still there. Doesn't work with the newest version of Pandora- the headset button support is entirely broken in Pandora and has been since 11/1's update.
    It's hard to just "pull" it.. I'll get rwhitby on it whenever he gets around.

dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

17.    #117  
    9 New Patches and 1 Updated Patch available:

App Launcher: Wrap Pages
    Email: Delete from Notification
    Email: Mark Read/Unread Mods
    Email: Notification Repeat
    Messaging: Notification Repeat
    Phone: Notification Repeat
    Screen Lock: Bypass PIN
    Top Bar: Data in Device Menu
    Top Bar: Roam Only in Device Menu
    YouTube: Video Downloads (Update)

Yep, I did say "BYPASS PIN".. Which means you can install that and not have to enter your PIN to unlock your device. (Very useful for those who have an Exchange server forcing the use of a PIN)

Happy Patching!
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

quick question im missing patches from preware any ideas?
    I submitted 4 patches, is there away I can find out where I stand in line???
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  20.    #120  
    First things, webOS-Patches will no longer be adding patches to the 1.2.1 feed. We ahve moved on to 1.3.1. 1.1.3 is still active as well.

Now. Here is the Latest Update for 1.3.1:

App Launcher: Hide Amazon MP3 App
    App Launcher: Hide Quick Launcher (Wave Launcher still available)
    App Launcher: Wrap Pages
    Browser: Allow Browser in Low Mem
    Calendar: Notification Repeat
    Calendar: Snooze Duration Selection
    Clock: Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    Email: Add Priority/Discard Buttons
    Email: Delete from Notification
    Email: Notification Repeat
    Email: Read/Delete All
    Email: Swap Reply-All with Move to Folder
    Messaging: iPhone Style
    Messaging: iPhone Style No Avatars
    Messaging: Notification Repeat
    Messaging: SMS Tone per Contact
    Phone: Call Reject
    Phone: Close Slider to End Calls Except Headset
    Phone: Notification Repeat
    Phone: Power Button to End Calls
    Top Bar: Advanced Phone Menu
    Universal Search: Command Line (USCL)
    Universal Search: USCL Memos Patch
    Universal Search: KeyToss Keyword Search
    dBsooner
    Donations Appreciated!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast