Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    yes i know this can be done with brightness unlinked. i don't want to have to turn this program on every night. i just want to sit my phone on the touch stone and have the screen turn off like normal.

also while on the touch stone i would like to just touch the screen to have it come back on. no unlocking, no pushing the top button. it;s on the touchstone it doesn't need to sleep or lock. it just need to be sitting there waiting for me nice quiet and dark.
  2.    #2  
    bump
  3.    #3  
    bump...
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    yeah, this would be a cool patch. Unfortunately I have no clue where to look.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
  5.    #5  
    me neither. i just want to touch the screen and have my phone be ready to use. is that too much to ask? it's sitting on the freakin charger why does it need to lock or have me push a button. theres a big screen i want to touch that.
    a patch like this would be awesome
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

7.    #7  
    i got any idea yesterday after watching the droid demo. I would like to be able to put my phone on the touch stone in landscape and have the clock go to landscape. with a dimmer switch right there on the screen.
    I'd LOVE to have the screen turn off when its on the touchstone. Also not having to unlock it would be super. I don't understand why it doesn't act the same way as it does when its plugged into the usb charger.
    +1 I have been waiting for this as well. Thanks in advance to anyone that can figure it out!
    This would be nice ==
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    How about if you put it on touchstone you can get the digital clock app to turn on?? Or if that doesnt work have the original clock show up but have a little envelope or sms notifications appear (ala Nokia screensaver)??
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    yes i know this can be done with brightness unlinked. i don't want to have to turn this program on every night. i just want to sit my phone on the touch stone and have the screen turn off like normal.

also while on the touch stone i would like to just touch the screen to have it come back on. no unlocking, no pushing the top button. it;s on the touchstone it doesn't need to sleep or lock. it just need to be sitting there waiting for me nice quiet and dark.
    I can't believe this isn't a standard option yet
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    +1 to this patch...anyone know how to get this requested to a developer?

Can the palm screen get an image burnt into it similar to a plasma tv?
    +1
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    That was a really good point about the droid phone docks, since the phone does determine if its charging on the ts versus the side cord, maybe some advanced behaviors can be developed for when its placed on the ts, like alarm clock or media player type stuff.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    +1

Even though I have donated to Brightness Unlinked and have a fading glimmer of hope for it, I consider it a major FAIL on many levels...
  17.    #17  
    brightness unlinked works good but requires user action. i want it automated. it also requires me to hit to top button to get the screen back up. as far as i'm concerned the top button should be eliminated and all functions should be given to the middle button.

i also with the timepiece or digital clock would start with putting the phone on the touchstone.
    this kind of patch would still be awesome
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Brightness Unlinked only works sporadically for me- I wake up at 3am, and sometimes the screen is brightly lit- not even locked like it's supposed to.. Either the Touchstone is at fault, or B.U. is..

I really wish that Palm would add this to their next Firmware- the option to black the screen when on the Touchstone.. Pretty lame feature.
    A patch I'd like to see along these lines is for that very nice analog clock available via quick install, to be an option for display when the pre goes down on the touchstone. I like the illuminated clock, but think the default digital one is just ugly. So, a patch for display of the "stylish analog clock" on the touchstone would be very nice! (not at all necessary, but very nice!)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast