Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 74 of 74
  1. #61  
    bump +3
  2. #62  
    Got it mostly working again in the newest version of brightness unlinked. If you can, please go to the thread: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-unlinked.html and download and install the test version from the zip file in my last post. Thanks.

    Btw, I know this isn't the patch that you guys are asking for, sorry. But once I get this working correctly, there a decent chance it can be patched the same way.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Got it mostly working again in the newest version of brightness unlinked. If you can, please go to the thread: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-unlinked.html and download and install the test version from the zip file in my last post. Thanks.

    Btw, I know this isn't the patch that you guys are asking for, sorry. But once I get this working correctly, there a decent chance it can be patched the same way.
    thanks for workin on this. i will try it out tonight
  4.    #64  
    brightness unlinked seems to be working again. a patch would still be nice though
  5. #65  
    FYI, this now works perfectly in the latest version of Brightness Unlinked. If someone wants to write the patch for it, I can help out with the touchstone part as long as they figure out where to put it and the code to add the option to screen & lock or something.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    FYI, this now works perfectly in the latest version of Brightness Unlinked. If someone wants to write the patch for it, I can help out with the touchstone part as long as they figure out where to put it and the code to add the option to screen & lock or something.
    i wish i knew how. thanks for updating brightness unlinked
  7. #67  
    bump
  8. #68  
    This can be done with the Mode Switcher app. Here's how I set it up:

    Mode: Screen Off
    AutoStart: Immediate
    AutoClose: Immediate
    Trigger: Charger Event
    Charger: Touchstone
    Delay: No Delay
    Setting:
    On Charger: Turn Off
    Twitter: dullgeek
  9. #69  
    1. blank screen while on touchstone by pressing something would be fine by me, like double pressing the power button or something

    2. When my Alarm goes off in the morning I have to unlock the damn phone just to use the snooze button, now that is annoying.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    1. blank screen while on touchstone by pressing something would be fine by me, like double pressing the power button or something

    2. When my Alarm goes off in the morning I have to unlock the damn phone just to use the snooze button, now that is annoying.
    I'll stop recommending it if this is annoying or spamming, but try Brightness Unlinked.
  11. #71  
    bump

    i would love a patch for this
  12. fareal's Avatar
    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    #72  
    I tried Mode Switcher and the three other installs necessary for Mode Switcher to work but I could never get the screen to turn off while charging. Used the recommended settings above. Actually tried this on two Palm Pre's, same result.

    I tried Brightness Unlinked and it seems to be working so far.

    But I'd also like the ability to turn off the LED notification while on the Touchstone (in addition to turning off the screen while on the Touchstone). I want darkness at night, not flashing LED's and bright phone displays in my bedroom. For now I've completely turned off LED notifications.
    Last edited by fareal; 05/08/2010 at 12:24 AM.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    I tried Mode Switcher and the three other installs necessary for Mode Switcher to work but I could never get the screen to turn off while charging. Used the recommended settings above. Actually tried this on two Palm Pre's, same result.
    After playing with it a bit, here's how I've got it working, it's pretty simple:
    1. Start Mode Switcher
    2. Set "Activated" to "On"
    3. Tap Edit Default Mode
    4. Tap Settings
    5. Set "ON CHARGER" to "Turn Off"
    6. Close the app

    If you add more modes than just the default mode, make sure that the "ON CHARGER" mode is set appropriately for whatever mode you want.

    To test this, put the Pre on the touchstone with the screen still on. Then either wait for the screen lock timeout, or press the power button. At this point, the screen should go blank. I've noticed that if I put the Pre onto the touchstone while the screen is off, the screen will come on and the lock screen will stay on. Apart from that, it seems to be working for me.

    That said, I am annoyed that I have to have mode switcher enabled in order for this to work. I'd much rather just have a patch that allowed the screen to go completely off when on the touchstone.

    Update: Trying Brightness Unlinked. I like it.
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 05/07/2010 at 04:41 PM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  14. #74  
    Here's another homebrew app that has options to turn of the screen (and LED notifications) when using the Touchstone: Quick System Tasks
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions