Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74
  1. tannyo's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #41  
    Please, please post this request at the Palm Feedback & Feature Request page. You know, the squeaky wheel gets the oil type of thing.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    ...I've tried and tried to sleep with this thing lit up and i just can't do it. it's like having a night light plugged in beside my face.
    This is the only thing holding me back from getting a TS. As soon as this patch is created, I'm buying a TS immediately!!!
  3. devonair's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #43  
    Funny... I would actually like a patch that does almost the opposite of this. I don't mind the time being shown when on the Touchstone (and have come to use it as my bedside clock). As such, I'm starting to wish it would have this Touchstone behavior (being on and showing the clock) every time it is charging -- for example, even when I plug in to the side of the phone with a power cable. I'd especially like this in my car, so that I could put my Pre in my dashboard mount and glance at it like a clock instead of using my car stereo's barely-visible clock.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by devonair View Post
    Funny... I would actually like a patch that does almost the opposite of this. I don't mind the time being shown when on the Touchstone (and have come to use it as my bedside clock). As such, I'm starting to wish it would have this Touchstone behavior (being on and showing the clock) every time it is charging -- for example, even when I plug in to the side of the phone with a power cable. I'd especially like this in my car, so that I could put my Pre in my dashboard mount and glance at it like a clock instead of using my car stereo's barely-visible clock.
    Install "timepiece" and run it when charging, it's just a giant clock with the option for the screen to never turn off.
  5. jeffrok's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    #45  
    I don't want a patch for this at all..

    In fact I don't want a lot of patches that exist.

    Instead, I want Palm to take notice and say "Hey, those patches are SLICK- we should add a Device Options icon to WebOS, and put the best options created by the community in there"..

    They should really acknowledge what's going on here.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    I don't want a patch for this at all..

    In fact I don't want a lot of patches that exist.

    Instead, I want Palm to take notice and say "Hey, those patches are SLICK- we should add a Device Options icon to WebOS, and put the best options created by the community in there"..

    They should really acknowledge what's going on here.
    I think they would run into copyright & legal issues if they decided to put developers' code into a commercial environment. But I take your point - it would be nice if Palm could work with our homebrew developers to improve the OS.
  7. jeffrok's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    #47  
    Right, I don't mean steal their code, but rather take some of the ideas- these ARE free ideas anyway.. Or at least pay some of these homebrew developers a one time nominal fee for their patch code.
  8. tublecane's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #48  
    What I would love, and pay for, would be a program for this, either built into Timepiece or Brightness Unlinked or something on its own, that would allow for preferences to be set on what you want the screen to do when on the touchstone. I use it in my car and there I want the screen to stay on all the time. However when charging in my room at night I want the screen to turn off completely. Even better would be the ability to have the program change the setting based on time. Say from 11pm-8am if on the touchstone the screen will turn off completely, and from 8am-11pm if on the touchstone it will stay on (or at least to the default behavior of switching to the lock screen).
  9. alanh's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    What I would love, and pay for, would be a program for this, either built into Timepiece or Brightness Unlinked or something on its own, that would allow for preferences to be set on what you want the screen to do when on the touchstone. I use it in my car and there I want the screen to stay on all the time. However when charging in my room at night I want the screen to turn off completely. Even better would be the ability to have the program change the setting based on time. Say from 11pm-8am if on the touchstone the screen will turn off completely, and from 8am-11pm if on the touchstone it will stay on (or at least to the default behavior of switching to the lock screen).

    This is exactly the functionality I want. When it's on the Touchstone during the day when it's nice to have the phone on as an extra clock and the extra light isn't an issue. During the night when on my nightstand, I want the screen completely off. What I've been doing is using the black/orange pouch that came with the Pre to hide it at night.
  10. Tomeygun's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #50  
    dang, and here I am thinking I am all slick because I got two free TS chargers when I bought my 2 pres...

    And here I get them home, all fat and happy, and after noticing how dang bright the lock screen is I cant believe there is no way to turn it off. I like most other just threw something over it and called it macaroni.

    I know there is the "no auto lock when charging" patch, how does that work? I mean is the clock app maybe less bright?

    Anywho, very odd to not have the option to disable the nitelight when on the TS...
  11.    #51  
    i see patches going out by the dozen now. can someone work on this and make it optional not auto if you can.
  12. kuoirad's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #52  
    This would be a nice functionality to have.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    I don't want a patch for this at all..

    In fact I don't want a lot of patches that exist.

    Instead, I want Palm to take notice and say "Hey, those patches are SLICK- we should add a Device Options icon to WebOS, and put the best options created by the community in there"..

    They should really acknowledge what's going on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I think they would run into copyright & legal issues if they decided to put developers' code into a commercial environment. But I take your point - it would be nice if Palm could work with our homebrew developers to improve the OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Right, I don't mean steal their code, but rather take some of the ideas- these ARE free ideas anyway.. Or at least pay some of these homebrew developers a one time nominal fee for their patch code.
    I'm sure the homebrew folks wouldn't mind Palm including some of their code into their next update. It would be an HONOR as long as Palm just included some shout-outs in the update change log.
  14. cjust's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #54  
    I just got the touchstone for Christmas and can't even use it because of the night-light 'feature'. I don't need anything fancy, all I want it to do is act like it does when you use the regular charger.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjust View Post
    I just got the touchstone for Christmas and can't even use it because of the night-light 'feature'. I don't need anything fancy, all I want it to do is act like it does when you use the regular charger.
    me either. i just want it to turn off. although the new weather dasboard/ or weather now (homebrew) apps makes it into a weather/ clock. witch is nice
  16. Despayre's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #56  
    *bump*... +1 ...+2 even?
    Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 850 pro (Microsoft finally beats me?)...No! Saved by Palm, yay Prē!
  17. #57  
    I'm also waiting for this. Please someone make it happen
  18. AMR-1's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    me either. i just want it to turn off. although the new weather dasboard/ or weather now (homebrew) apps makes it into a weather/ clock. witch is nice
    Does this one do it automatically when you put it on the TS?
  19. AMR-1's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #59  
    We are hopein for a patch/app that allows setting an event to happen when on TS.
    ie. screen off....run TimePiece (or some other app)...spin the pre in a circle by adjusting power to the magnets in the right pattern...
  20. cjust's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #60  
    Does anyone know if this is even possible? I seem to remember Brightness Unlinked was having trouble because the Pre reports that the screen is off when it is on the touchstone.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions