Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been frustrated with the lack of alarm reminder choices in the Calendar app, as I set my alarms based on how much travel time I need to the meeting. So I decided to add a few more of my own: 45 minutes, 90 minutes and 2 hours. If you'd like to add these yourself, I've attached the .patch file.

To apply, use the latest WebOS Quick Install. Unzip this file, then drag it to the main WebOS Quick Install window, and hit install.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Was looking for something like this. Will give it a shot.
  3.    #3  
    Submitted this on the new patch submittal page, so presumably this should show up in Preware and WOQI soon too.
    So far, so good. Works like a breeze! Thanks a bunch.
    Thanks for the patch. Any chance you'd entertain adding more options? My wife used to use a 7 day reminder (on her old Treo) with some appointments for setting up babysitting, and really misses that on the Pre.
  6.    #6  
    sure, that would be easy enough to add. I won't be able to get to it until tonight or maybe even tomorrow, but I'll post back here later.
  7.    #7  
    stflush,

Attached is a .patch file that will add "7 days before" to the calendar alarm choices. I doubt I'll post this to the repository to avoid confusion, but you should be able to install it by simply dropping the patch file on WOQI.

Let me know how it works out.

Edit: Attached revised patch. Missed one line when I edited this one by hand... good to go now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ALuckyGuy; 10/27/2009 at 08:46 AM.
    these dont work for me, get erros through webosQI
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    This has been really needed. Thanks. I can't wait to give it a try.
    can or has anybody please make a patch similiar to the old palm style alert reminder where it was very easy to choose any where from one minute to 99 days before an event. i used to like throwing whatever event into the future with enough lead time that made sense (wedding, anniversaries, work, travel). The perfect adjunct to this would also be a variable snooze (snooze for 5min, 5hour, 5day) thanks for the info.
    I get and error that says 1 out of 3 hunks failed. I really need this patch. I used to have a Blackberry and I miss the calendar feature most of all. I really liked being able to set a reminder other than just a day before or an hour before!!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Any chance of adding a 7 day reminder to the updated patch for 1.4? Thanks.
  13.    #13  
    I'll see if I can add that to the standard patch this week. The 1.4 update hosed my ssh and sftp access and I haven't had the time to figure out what went wrong.
    @wtgreen...I sent you a PM regarding a conflict with a recent update to the Snooze Duration Selection patch.

any updates on this patch? i second the request for either a) longer timeframes like 1 week, 2 weeks, and 1 month or b) user-customizable timeframes.

the use-case: i often set calendar events far in the future that i need to be reminded as the date approach, not on the day of, which would be too late.

thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    @wtgreen...I sent you a PM regarding a conflict with a recent update to the Snooze Duration Selection patch.

Lclarkjr provided an update to the Snooze Duration Selection patch to resolve this issue.

Does this patch work with 1.4 yet?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Does this patch work with 1.4 yet?
    You can get it through Preware( )...It's been working for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    You can get it through Preware( )...It's been working for awhile now.

Don't know how I missed that one... that's a patch I've been thinking about requesting for some time... (!)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Thanks for your excellent patch! (I use webOs v1.4.1.1.) Might I also add my voice to those others who have requested that a date picker is added to the options. I have often set alarms 4 months in advance of booking air flights, and such things. This addition would make this fine patch even better!

Jason.
    Last edited by jmmcg; 04/29/2010 at 04:07 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast