Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for your excellent patch! Might I also add my voice to those others who have requested that a date picker is added to the options. I have often set alarms 4 months in advance of booking air flights, and such things. This addition would make this fine patch even better!

Jason.
    I would love to have more alarm options. Being an Agendus user for years, it was great to be able to select any different alarm option: select a numeric value and then Minutes / Hours or Days. This covered all the bases. I don't know what the limitation are for enhancing the Calendar alarm options on the Pre, but a 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 days and 2, 3, 5, 8, and 12 hours would fill alot of holes. I'm sure there are also alot of DateBook users also feeling the need. Thanks
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    I would love to have more alarm options. Being an Agendus user for years, it was great to be able to select any different alarm option: select a numeric value and then Minutes / Hours or Days. This covered all the bases. I don't know what the limitation are for enhancing the Calendar alarm options on the Pre, but a 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 days and 2, 3, 5, 8, and 12 hours would fill alot of holes. I'm sure there are also alot of DateBook users also feeling the need. Thanks
    I agree 100% with Convert. I'm guessing there must be some limitation to the calendar app that is preventing these additional times from being added - because users have been requesting this for months. Does anyone know if these additional times are even possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    I agree 100% with Convert. I'm guessing there must be some limitation to the calendar app that is preventing these additional times from being added - because users have been requesting this for months. Does anyone know if these additional times are even possible?
    How to implement is the question, but longer alarms do work. When I transferred over my calendar data, all of the alarms worked that were previously set with Agendus e.g. 2 days, 5 days, etc.
    I agree, about the time choices. I would like to see more choices, even an input for 3, 25, 35. I travel too, I like the alarm to go off and I will grab my stuff and go. No waiting and checking time over and over and then being late. Thanks for this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Try this one:

[URL]

This patch has the additional times and days.
    I guess I am not allowed to see that because I don't have enough posts. Since the newbies are the ones that need the most info it doesn't make sense to block the url's that are posted. Thanks for a great product though. I am already using the older one. maybe I will find the link with the one you mentioned that does 3, 25, and 35.
    thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    stflush,

Attached is a .patch file that will add "7 days before" to the calendar alarm choices. I doubt I'll post this to the repository to avoid confusion, but you should be able to install it by simply dropping the patch file on WOQI.

Let me know how it works out.

Edit: Attached revised patch. Missed one line when I edited this one by hand... good to go now.
    Is this patch available via Preware? The only patch I find "More Reminder Alarm Times" has only the 45, 90, abd 120 mins additions.
    It would be nice it this could have up to 12hours then 1 day.

I have meeting at say 7 or 8 am, I don't want it to remind me at 6am, I would like it to remind me at say 9pm before i go to bed or something so i remember that's what i'm doing tomorrow and check to see if i'm missing anything that i need for the meeting the night before, 1day before doesn't help me cause by the time i get home i will forget again.
    so a 1-12 hour reminder would be amazing
    try the more snooze times alarm in conjunction with the alarm warning. Set the alarm for the night before, then snooze it to 30 min before or so.

Still wishing I could have a 20 or 35 min alarm. in a class with 30 kids 5 minutes makes a big difference.
    Hi. Is anyone still replying to this thread? I'm curious as to whether anyone has been adding/modifying alarm abilities with this calendar app. The one thing that I miss about Agendus for PalmOS is that when an alarm went off, it would flash on the screen. If you had more than one, they would stack on top of each other. Being attention challenged, that was great to have. When the dashboard was created, that went away. I've only seen a couple of things put an actual motify on the screen, like TealTime. Has anyone been working on a method to have a calendar notification pop up on the screen as well as the dashboard? I'm wanting to do it from any calendar that's attached, not just the Palm calendar: I have Google Calendar set as my default calendar.

Thanks ...
  13.    #34  
    Re: a popup reminder, I'm not sure if there's anything that does it. I personally use the UberCalendar patch which adds all kinds of new options to the calendar app besides just reminder options like this patch did, and it does have other alarm options but I'm not sure if any of them produce a pop-up or would do what you'd like.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12