Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Help !!!! Is there any way to get this functionality without having to root your pre???? Linux is beyond me.

I am surprised there are no patches that offer this yet. I bring this up because I just Noticed recently that there is a repeating audible calandar patch on Preware (credits to Lclarkjr). I am hoping that maybe this can somehow be applied to missed calls, sms messages, etc... This is sorely missing from the pre and is a must have.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I agree...the "repeating calendar reminder" patch is GREAT!

Of course, for the SMS and e-mails, we have the LED notification patch.
    Agree with hiyo. This is the main holdup preventing our adoption of the Pre for our 75 doc medical practice. I've been monitoring homebrew and official apps daily for this functionality
    This shouldn't be too hard... I'll look at it later.

I could give you two files that could be imported through WebOS Quick Install (send/receive file) that would do the same thing as a patch.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    This shouldn't be too hard... I'll look at it later.

I could give you two files that could be imported through WebOS Quick Install (send/receive file) that would do the same thing as a patch.
    That would be great !!

I was actually thinking of getting rid of my pre for an android phone because of this feature but realized the greater potential webos has overall. Man it's tough being an early adopter.
    I do plan on creating a similar patch for sms and can look at calls also. I just have not had the time yet.
    Can't wait Lclarkjr. A simple patch for this would be great.
    Wouldn't it be great if we could assign the nagging alert to only high priority emails instead of everything sent to the phone. I wish there was also a way to distinguish high priority emails from normal or low priority emails using an audible alert so that I could get rid of my pager.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    This is the one feature my girlfriend and I miss from our old phone. I anxiously await your patch Abyssul
    Corrected thread title to match content.

Moved to correct forum.

I think that you are asking if someone could develop a patch that would be like the Calendar Repeat Reminder Notification Patch except for the Messaging and Phone apps.

The Repeat Reminder Notification Patch repeats a reminders notification every two minutes until you either dismiss or snooze the reminder.

Would this patch be like an auditory option for the LED Notification patch providing an auditory alert every few minutes?

Would the reminder interval be set at 2 minutes or would the user have the option of maybe 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 30 45, 60 minutes?

Would the reminder be a quick beep or the same reminder you have set for your Alert or Messages? Would you be able to set this reminder tone?

- Craig
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Would this patch be like an auditory option for the LED Notification patch providing an auditory alert every few minutes?
    Yes

Would the reminder interval be set at 2 minutes or would the user have the option of maybe 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 30 45, 60 minutes?
    That would be awesome as well!

Would the reminder be a quick beep or the same reminder you have set for your Alert or Messages? Would you be able to set this reminder tone?
    I think it would be better to have a quick beep or maybe just a vibrate. User customizable is always better though
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Corrected thread title to match content.

Moved to correct forum.

I think that you are asking if someone could develop a patch that would be like the Calendar Repeat Reminder Notification Patch except for the Messaging and Phone apps.

The Repeat Reminder Notification Patch repeats a reminders notification every two minutes until you either dismiss or snooze the reminder.

- Craig
    Yes. Your thoughts are exactly what I was thinking.

The led patch should remain as is but just have a configurable audible alert to go with it. The audible alert should be user selectable and have an option for the reminder interval. The number of repeats should be selectable too to avoid repeating indefinitely and drain battery unnecessarily. If vibration could be added as an option it would be icing on the cake.

Its a sin not having this option in a smartphone nowadays.
    I just committed the following three patches. They should be available through Preware and\or WebOS-Internals soon.

email-notification-repeat.patch

messaging-notification-repeat.patch

phone-notification-repeat.patch
    Last edited by Lclarkjr; 11/08/2009 at 12:10 PM.
    Thanks so much Lclarkjr, opening Preware now =]
  15.    #15  
    wow!!! I can't believe it!! Your the man lclarkjr. Your work is greatly appreciated.
    Any chance of a 1.1.3 version ?
    I'll have to see if I can get 1.1.3 running in the emulator.
    i may be missing something but when I try to install it gives me an error and says only garbage was found. I am right clicking and saving it.
    is this in preware yet? i dont know if preware is working for me because all of the patches in there are from last week. I don't have any that have been updated since then
    Not yet, I think they are busy trying to implement support for multiple WebOS versions.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast