Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Now available in Preware.
    Hey Lclarkjr, were you able to look into the problem I was having with the repeat message patch playing my alert tone rather than my message tone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey Lclarkjr, were you able to look into the problem I was having with the repeat message patch playing my alert tone rather than my message tone?
    I hope to look at this tonight and/or tomorrow. Please understand I have a 40-50hr/wk job plus family commitments that include 5 young children always going in different directions and homework to help with. I also have several patchs that I am working/maintaining.
    Hey that sounds like my life 5 kids I lost count of the hours and between my homework and the kids homework when do I sleep. I understand I appreciate any help you provide.
    Now available in Preware.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    The Email Notification Repeat Patch doesn't want to install for me in WebOS 1.3.1, although it's showing on the list of working patches (and in Preware). I keep getting an error. IPKG Log in Preware shows:

Code:
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 45 (offset 14 lines).
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 73.
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 133 with fuzz 2 (offset -5 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 178 (offset 17 lines).
    and

Code:
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failed during post-install script execution
    The Phone Notification Repeat Patch installed with no problems.
    Please be patient. All patches need to be verified to work on 1.3.1.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    As I said, it was listed in the official list of working patches, so I assumed it was verified. I posted the error messages to help in troubleshooting.

I've also posted my issue to the Official webOS 1.3.1 Patch Compatibility List thread as well. If it's not verified, you should let them know.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrg548 View Post
    The Email Notification Repeat Patch doesn't want to install for me in WebOS 1.3.1, although it's showing on the list of working patches (and in Preware). I keep getting an error. IPKG Log in Preware shows:

Code:
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 45 (offset 14 lines).
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 73.
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 133 with fuzz 2 (offset -5 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 178 (offset 17 lines).
    and

Code:
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failed during post-install script execution
    The Phone Notification Repeat Patch installed with no problems.
    I already submitted an update to the notification repeat patch. The issue is these to patches where conflicting with each other. Hopefully the update will be in Preware soon.
    Thanks to Lclarkjr for the patch. Is there a difference between the patch you attach here and the one in the Preware? Is there a way I can download the patch from Preware to my computer and install it via WOSQI? For some reason, the one on Preware works for me on open and closed slider, and I want to change the notification duration to 20 seconds instead of 2 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    I already submitted an update to the notification repeat patch. The issue is these to patches where conflicting with each other. Hopefully the update will be in Preware soon.
    do you think you can post the updated patches here? preware has not been updated yet thanks!
    Lclarkjr, I just discovered your patch today! This is what I have been waiting for, for many MONTHS! I was extremely excited. Upgraded to 1.3.1 today and THEN I discovered your patch and installed it. I assumed it would work, since the latest version of preware offered it. Plus it installed just fine with no errors. But it doesn't work. It installs apparently without error, though. The LED patch does nothing either. I installed version 1.3.1-8. As of 10pm EST on 11-14, there is no newer version.

I thought Preware was going to only show patches known to work. Hmm...
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post

I thought Preware was going to only show patches known to work. Hmm...
    I think you have to make sure you have Preware version 9.5 the latest which was just posted last night.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I think you have to make sure you have Preware version 0.9.5 the latest which was just posted last night.
    I installed version 0.9.8!

In any case, the new versions of many patches showed up this morning, including the repeating notifications (but not the LED notification). I installed 1.3.1.10 for missed calls and tested it. It didn't work!!!

So I installed the one for messages also, then rebooted the phone and performed a missed call test. It still doesn't work!!!

I don't understand. Is this working for anyone else?
    So I installed the one for messages also, then rebooted the phone and performed a missed call test. It still doesn't work!!!
    Ah- something very strange is going on. I tried a different test. When the phone was still sitting there forever doing nothing after a missed call, I picked it up, pretended to unlock the phone incorrectly (the slider thing) the screen fickered then showed the missed notification. THEN THE LED STARTED PULSING. So I set it down without touching it. Sure enough, two min later, it repeated the notification.

There is still something not right. The only patch I had installed after the 1.3.1 upgrade was to try (and then remove) the LED notification. So I went into the phone with novacom and checked both securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs &$amp$; $securityconfig$-$scene$.$html$ $neither$ $one$ $has$ $any$ $of$ $the$ $necessary$ $lines$ $uncommented$ $to$ $enable$ $LED$ $notifications$.

I repeated the same test- missing a call. This time, after 4 min of doing nothing, I didn't touch the screen, I simply pressed the power button once and did nothing. The missed call text came up, then the LED starting blinking (????) and then screen went black after another few seconds, and the repeat alert started.

So now I am really baffled. Suggestions are welcome.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Okay, some more results...

Phone Notification Repeat installs fine. Just like crxssi, I get no LED notifications, and notification repeat doesn't work - until I hit the power button to bring up the lock screen, then the LED starts blinking, and 2 minutes later, I get the notification repeat, and it's persistent (every 2 minutes).

Messaging Notification Repeat installs, but doesn't work at all - even with the method above. LED notification does work for messaging and emails with no fiddling.
    Phone Notification Repeat installs fine. Just like crxssi, I get no LED notifications, and notification repeat doesn't work - until I hit the power button to bring up the lock screen, then the LED starts blinking, and 2 minutes later, I get the notification repeat, and it's persistent (every 2 minutes).
    Thank god I am not insane. Did you install the LED notification patch? I didn't... so unless the phone notification repeat does it, I am not sure why that is starting to blink after pressing the power button.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Thank god I am not insane. Did you install the LED notification patch? I didn't... so unless the phone notification repeat does it, I am not sure why that is starting to blink after pressing the power button.
    You're not insane - though I did install the LED notification patch.

It's also worth noting that the missed call notification banner changes. When I first get the notification, it's grey and white monochrome (which I think has always been the case), and when I hit the power button to bring up the lock screen, it's not there immediately - it takes a few seconds to pop up, then changes to the red missed call icon and white text on the grey banner. That's when the LED notification and the notification repeat start working.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Also, did you have LED notifications enabled before the update? It seems that when Palm restores the original code in the update, it doesn't change the actual setting - you lose the option to set LED notifications because it's commented out, but they're still actually turned on.
    Also, did you have LED notifications enabled before the update? It seems that when Palm restores the original code in the update, it doesn't change the actual setting - you lose the option to set LED notifications because it's commented out, but they're still actually turned on.
    Well, that is a bit complicated in my case. Under 1.2, I manually enabled the LED code by editing the two files and uncommenting the sections. I uninstalled all patches (I had virtual keyboard and one other I can't remember) before upgrading to 1.3.1. I did not undo the LED code one (in 99% of the cases, an upgrade to WebOS will overwrite all the files, anyway). As you postulated, I had left the LED notification "on".

After the upgrade, the LED functionality was gone, as expected. This time I installed the LED patch through Preware, and it didn't work. So I un-installed it. It was THEN that I discovered the Notification Repeat patch (ver 1.3.1.8) and installed that, which didn't work. Then I uninstalled it and waited for the newer version, as posted here. Then installed ver 1.3.1.10 and starting getting this strange behavior, just like you.

I just checked- the ONLY patches installed are the two Notification Repeat patches. And I checked the two LED notification files again- the two sections per file are still commented out as if there is no LED notification. And there is no UI that allows setting or unsetting LED notifications. The phone has been rebooted twice, yet still acts like yours.

So.... I uninstalled the Repeat patches. Rebooted. Test missed call. No LED. Hit power, white notify (no red), then it goes black. Then press power a second time, it turned into a red notify (saying TWO missed calls!???) and the LED started flashing. I just don't get it. Repeated test, this time it stayed white over the first three pressing power buttons, and turned red on the fourth and started the LED.

In just random desperation, I then installed the LED patch, checked settings, turned blink off, and restarted Luna, then tested missed call. Then it started acting differently... for one thing, the screen stayed on and nearly the same for 30 sec after the missed call notification without touching it at all then it minimized the notification, then went dim after 60 seconds, then screen went off after another 30 sec (or so). No blink. Touching power the first time shows the red missed call icon and it is unlocked. In fact, it no longer locks and requires "slide up to unlock" anymore!

Then my heart sank- up popped a notification that I need to update to WebOS 1.3.1. Now I am the victim of the repeating WebOS installs that people have complained about in the past.

I give up for now. The world makes no sense.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast