Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    i'd also like to know if this is still functional in 1.3.5.

Thanks
    It does not work for me in 1.3.5.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    it works for me just tested with Dr. Podder.
    huh, Dr. Podder is exactly where it doesn't work for me. I used to get adam carolla podcast in seconds, it's currently about 2 minutes, same for diggnation and TD gaming podcast.

I'll uninstall and reinstall again.
    I am getting this error message:

How do I remove this file?

Here is all that is in the etc/palm/download.conf file:
    #Tested to work with WebOS 1.2.1
    #Mark R (Diomark) 10/20/09
    #unthrottles the download manager from 64kb/sec to unlimited

[DownloadManager]
    MaxQueueLength=128
    MaxConcurrent=2
    MaxRecvSpeed=-1

Please help! I have tried using WebOS Quick Install's delete file feature to try to delete etc/palm/download.conf but no luck.

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/30/2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    How do I remove this file?

Please help!

- Craig
    Hi Criag -- I seem to remember getting to a point (somehow) where EPR and Preware wouldn't remove this 'patch' (file) properly.

I think I used WebOS QI's "Delete file / Directory" under the "Tools" menu to delete it. just type the full path

etc/palm/download.conf

into the dialog box and click "delete". I'm not going to try this myself, so I can't confirm, but I'm almost certain it worked for me a month or so ago. Since then, the patch has always properly installed / uninstalled via Preware / EPR.

You can confirm if the deletion worked using Jason R's Internalz app on the Pre.
    Have you tried winscp or putty to delete it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    huh, Dr. Podder is exactly where it doesn't work for me. I used to get adam carolla podcast in seconds, it's currently about 2 minutes, same for diggnation and TD gaming podcast.

I'll uninstall and reinstall again.
    Same issue here... it's SO SLOW when I try to download anything from DrPodder! anyone got a fix for this?
    I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it; no better. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Dr. Podder, doesn't help. What can I post that may help diagnose this?
    Mines installed perfect and my Dr. Podder feeds downloads in seconds. I don't what to say to help troubleshoot.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Try doing a Full Erase then doctoring. That should give you a fresh OS.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    Try doing a Full Erase then doctoring. That should give you a fresh OS.
    can someone let me know if this works.
    i suspect my unthrottle hasn;t worked since even before
    1.3.5 and i would really enjoy having it back.
    Hey! Should prop. be asking in another forum but does doctor podder do video podcasts? I have been using mediafly? Thanks.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I also had the patch installed under 1.3.1. I did the EPR before installing 1.3.5. Now I'm trying to install the patch again and getting the same error as others. I have manually deleted the etc/palm/download.conf file using terminal but that didn't help. i just got a new error. It seems as though the patch thinks that it is already installed so it won't re-install, but there appears to be no way to "uninstall" it since it's not installed. What file is the patch looking at to determine if it is was previously installed? Maybe we can copy a virgin version of that file to fix it.
    just an fyi for everyone I had to doctor my phone and it still takes forever to download a podcast on drpodder. Buffering is fast but DL takes a long time.
    this patch doesn't work since I installed 1.3.5. Uninstalled and reinstalled patch successfully, but downloads are still very slow.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Palm changed the location of the fields needed for this in 1.3.5.

In 1.2.1, the changes were in download.conf. In 1.3.5, the changes need to be in /etc/palm/luna/downloadManager.conf - I did a quick test and moving the values from the old patch into downloadManager.conf fixes this.

The patch in preware does *not* modify downloadManager.conf and will need to be changed. I'm in a hurry right now, but will submit a new patch for 1.3.5 tomorrow. In the meantime, you can fix this by adding the following to /etc/palm/downloadManager.conf (EDIT - fixed location) -

old contents -

[General]
    AutoResume=true
    BeAggressive__Bee_Eee_AGGRESSIVE=true
    AppCompatibilityMode=false
    new contents -
    [General]
    AutoResume=true
    BeAggressive__Bee_Eee_AGGRESSIVE=true
    AppCompatibilityMode=false

#Tested to work with WebOS 1.3.5
    #Mark R (Diomark) 01/04/10
    #unthrottles the download manager from 64kb/sec to unlimited

[DownloadManager]
    MaxQueueLength=128
    MaxConcurrent=2
    MaxRecvSpeed=-1

cheers,
    -mark
    Last edited by diomark; 01/04/2010 at 01:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update, Mark.
    Glad is is an easy fix and not permanently broken.
    This 'hack' makes downloading podcasts so much more enjoyable.

Regards,
    Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Palm changed the location of the fields needed for this in 1.3.5.

In 1.2.1, the changes were in download.conf. In 1.3.5, the changes need to be in /etc/palm/luna/downloadManager.conf - I did a quick test and moving the values from the old patch into downloadManager.conf fixes this.

The patch in preware does *not* modify downloadManager.conf and will need to be changed. I'm in a hurry right now, but will submit a new patch for 1.3.5 tomorrow. In the meantime, you can fix this by adding the following to /etc/palm/luna/downloadManager.conf -

old contents -

new contents -

cheers,
    -mark
    I think you mean /etc/palm/downloadManager.conf
    [QUOTE=diomark;2126846][QUOTE]BeAggressive_Bee_Eee_AGGRESSIVE[\QUOTE]

I can't decide if someone at palm is a cheerleader turned programmer, or a Faith No More fan. Either way, awesome
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast