Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    For some reason it says in ipk log that patch already installed even after WEB OS DOCTOR. What do I do try doctor again.
    I had loaded using quick install and what I finally did to resolve my issue was I installed it using preware then uninstalled it using preware again... since it wasnt actually visible to either it worked ok. The download speeds are creeping again (sadly) but my battery drain is no longer 3x normal. Don't know if preware will let you install but I was able to get it off of mine using that method.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    question, is it normal to ask if i want to replace the existing blah blah blah on my phone while downlading it? i click ok
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Don't know if this will help, but I also installed the patch with WebOSQI. I found it in PreWare by going to Installed Packages -> Unknown -> downloadmanagerSpeedup. It shows a Remove button. Though I haven't tried it yet, I believe you can uninstall it there and reinstall it using the Unthrottle download manager patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Don't know if this will help, but I also installed the patch with WebOSQI. I found it in PreWare by going to Installed Packages -> Unknown -> downloadmanagerSpeedup. It shows a Remove button. Though I haven't tried it yet, I believe you can uninstall it there and reinstall it using the Unthrottle download manager patch.
    I had a similar problem and worked like a champ...thanks!
    This patch is amazing.....really. Makes a huge difference in Google Maps for me, like 2 to 3 times faster, at least. 3G is running as fast as WiFi used to. Well done diomark you have gust increased the usfulness of the Pre by two fold.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    when i use this patch my pre tends to get VERY VERY hot similar to the original webos 1.0 .....when i uninstalled it my pre stopped over heating...i think palm noticed enabling full bandwidth on the pre caused the over heating in the original complaints and limited its usage in webOS 2.0 as to eliminate the heat issue....
    [thats my theory]
    Am I the only one who's pre gets really hot after using this patch?
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    It depends on what you are doing with you pre...Are you stream for hours...?
    I'm trying to remove this patch, and Internalz shows the download.conf file there, but the patch doesn't show up in WOSQI or Preware, and when I try to install the patch, it gives me an error, and the log shows that the file is indeed present. I have tried to delete the download.conf file through WOSQI, but it's still there. Any advice on how to remove this?
    I'm having the same problem installing the patch. I also am running 1.2.1 and using WOSQI 2.82.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I'm trying to remove this patch, and Internalz shows the download.conf file there, but the patch doesn't show up in WOSQI or Preware, and when I try to install the patch, it gives me an error, and the log shows that the file is indeed present. I have tried to delete the download.conf file through WOSQI, but it's still there. Any advice on how to remove this?
    What's the content of your download.conf file? Can you get the file and paste it here?

-mark
    why i cant install the patch with webOS 1.3.1?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    can't get this patch to install gettin an ipk file error please help.
    this patch broke downloads in drpodder and the app store in 1.3.1
    I have this patch and it works just fine. i actually used it to download a podcast using dr. podder just about 4:30hours ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    this patch broke downloads in drpodder and the app store in 1.3.1
    I've been noticing recently that Dr. Podder is STRUGGLING and laggy, especially when updating feeds. Do you think it's because of this patch?
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    I've been noticing recently that Dr. Podder is STRUGGLING and laggy, especially when updating feeds. Do you think it's because of this patch?
    Nope... but you could always remove it and try.
    Not sure if this patch was the cause, but it seems to have been (for me at least) - I was having issues with GMAIL syncing. I had the useless Yellow Alert icon, and Gmail wasn't syncing on it's own. This started after I installed a bunch of apps from Preware.

I uninstalled a few that I thought might be causing the issue and it seems removing the following apps fixed the issue:

Unthrottle download manager v1.3.1-0 diomark - Removing this seemed to get rid of the yellow alert icon
    Charging Alert Vibrate Only v1.3.1-0 a2ny - Removing this seems to have fixed IMAP PUSH

From reading this thread it seems that the patch may affect more than the developer intended, just wanted to make you aware that it may be causing issues with Gmail.

As a side note I did not try uninstalling all patches/apps and installing this on a clean system to see if it was the cause, so my assumptions may be flawed.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Not sure if this patch was the cause, but it seems to have been (for me at least) - I was having issues with GMAIL syncing. I had the useless Yellow Alert icon, and Gmail wasn't syncing on it's own. This started after I installed a bunch of apps from Preware.

I uninstalled a few that I thought might be causing the issue and it seems removing the following apps fixed the issue:

Unthrottle download manager v1.3.1-0 diomark - Removing this seemed to get rid of the yellow alert icon
    Charging Alert Vibrate Only v1.3.1-0 a2ny - Removing this seems to have fixed IMAP PUSH

From reading this thread it seems that the patch may affect more than the developer intended, just wanted to make you aware that it may be causing issues with Gmail.

As a side note I did not try uninstalling all patches/apps and installing this on a clean system to see if it was the cause, so my assumptions may be flawed.

Cheers
    I am using this patch and when I had the yellow exclamation icon from gmail I just cleaned up my inbox - problem went away. I don't think the patch is totally the problem however, it may compound the issue if you have a huge gmail inbox.
    Does this still need to be applied in 1.35?
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast