Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 353
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #81  
    Something went terribly wrong with my battery today, was at 100% when i left for work at 7am and i was done at noon, with it sitting in my pocket and recieving about 30 text messages (and sending about 3). About 10 minutes of browsing on my smoke break also.

    5 hours and my fully charged battery was gone with extremely minimal usage for me, usually at noon with the same usage im around 85% or so...

    Not sure if its this patch or something much different I think this is the only patch i installed yesterday but my drain seems so much more significant than what everyone else is reporting, so i dunno.

    Jay
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    This makes a *huge* difference in DrPodder's download podcast performance...
    Would you submit your patch to the webOS-patches feed:
    dBsooner's webOS-Patches Submission Form

    Thanks,

    - Craig
  3. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
       #83  
    I'm mobile right now but will do so later tonight
    -mark

    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Would you submit your patch to the webOS-patches feed:
    [url='s webOS-Patches Submission Form[/url]

    Thanks,

    - Craig
  4. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #84  
    I have a question about the internals of this patch. How does the pre know to use this newly created file?
  5. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
       #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I have a question about the internals of this patch. How does the pre know to use this newly created file?
    the download manager looks to this file, but its missing. Fyi in webos 1.1, the dl manager got the values from luna.conf. They changed this in 12 but for whatever reason didn't create that file. (it defaults to 65kb/sec apparently which is what was previously in luna.conf if download.conf doesn't exist.)
  6. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #86  
    So this overrides the current luna.conf download configs...Ok....I was a bit confused...but it makes sense now...So i suppose one could create a patch to add this file of modify luna.conf and get the same results. I agree that creating the file is cleaner.
  7. #87  
    just installed mine a little bit ago. speed increase i am not sure of yet as reboots always change that. But the calender is a bit more snappier

    BUUUUUTTTTTT...... Pandora in (higher quality setting) actually sounds better now. No more hiss from the highs from the low quality feed limit. anyone else notice this? I am using moto S9-HDs via BT.

    I will test the speed when i get home as here at work speed tests less than 200 kb/s via wifi no matter what i use (laptop, phone, co workers iphone etc) <sigh>
  8. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
       #88  
    Hey guys,

    I just submitted this patch to the webOS-Patches feed in Preware.

    -mark
  9. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
       #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    So this overrides the current luna.conf download configs...Ok....I was a bit confused...but it makes sense now...So i suppose one could create a patch to add this file of modify luna.conf and get the same results. I agree that creating the file is cleaner.
    Actually, no. Even though the values are in luna.conf, it ignores them. They have to be in download.conf for webos 1.2.1 (for those of you on webos 1.1, they actually have to be in luna.conf for that version)

    -mark
  10. #90  
    does it work on a gsm Pre ?
  11. babsberry's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #91  
    If only there was a way that this could dynamically change the download throttle based on the state of the pre charging. Full open if charging, throttled when on battery.
  12. Change's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #92  
    not showing up in preware yet for me...
  13. #93  
    It is still not in the feed...

    Any word?

    - Craig
  14. cue79's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    #94  
    In the feed now. Battery drain? Anyone?
  15. Nieenden's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #95  
    Amazing patch.

    Try this with Ampache Mobile, whole song loads in just a few seconds, it will skip to the next track in just a few seconds. Before this patch it would literally take a min. or two to buffer the whole song and up to 30 seconds just to skip to the next track.

    Well done!
  16. #96  
    Interesting note... I had posted earlier in the thread about witnessing what seemed like excessive battery drain from basically no use of the phone, but yesterday, I was out and about for nearly 3 hours, sent probably 20 messages both SMS and via google chat, made 5 brief phone calls, and even used google maps for about 5 minutes and my battery only dropped 12 percent. This is in stark contrast to what I witnessed beforehand after installing the patch, where my battery dropped 12 percent with no use in about 20 minutes. So, all I can say is that I'm confused.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

    If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
  17. #97  
    I'm confused too, I had the phone with me when I went to get the mail (as I always do) listening to a podcast over bluetooth headset. Usually over about 10 minutes I lose maybe 5% of battery, I lost 12, but did no wifi/data transfer. It's plugged in any time I'm at the desk so it's not critical, but interesting, I'm installing battery monitor to get more info.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    I'm confused too, I had the phone with me when I went to get the mail (as I always do) listening to a podcast over bluetooth headset. Usually over about 10 minutes I lose maybe 5% of battery, I lost 12, but did no wifi/data transfer. It's plugged in any time I'm at the desk so it's not critical, but interesting, I'm installing battery monitor to get more info.
    Yeah, I'm going to install battery monitor as well. Silly to think I could figure this out just by observing the percentage
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

    If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
  19. Change's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #99  
    Well, I was anticipating great things for this patch, and it hasn't done anythnig for me. No measurable speed increase since applying it and rebooting. I was getting about 1080kbps pre install (testmyiphone.com I think) and now I appear to be getting about 480kbps on the same test after applying the patch.

    I suppose I will run EPR and retest.
  20. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoc View Post
    Interesting note... I had posted earlier in the thread about witnessing what seemed like excessive battery drain from basically no use of the phone, but yesterday, I was out and about for nearly 3 hours, sent probably 20 messages both SMS and via google chat, made 5 brief phone calls, and even used google maps for about 5 minutes and my battery only dropped 12 percent. This is in stark contrast to what I witnessed beforehand after installing the patch, where my battery dropped 12 percent with no use in about 20 minutes. So, all I can say is that I'm confused.
    I have found the phone to behave this way in general depending on /voice/EVDO coverage. I was out and about all Sunday. I used the phone heavily while my wife was shopping in her many fou fou stores.......I got home at 8 that night and I still had about 30% battery left. I surfed and surfed and surfed....

    My battery drains fast when I am at work because coverage is pretty spotty. Same thing at home....but fine when I am not at home or at work...
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions