Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    WOW podcasts download almost instantly!!
    Wow. I've never been someone to complain that people here do things faster than Palm, but this is amazing. The entire phone experience runs faster now. Tweed loads faster. Google Maps loads faster. Everything I generally use the phone for just works better.

WHYYYY would Palm have this blocked off? Nearly all criticisms about the phone's performance would be made moot.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    are you going to submit this to preware? I can certainly install via woqi...but it seems cleaner to push ot to preware.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    are you going to submit this to preware? I can certainly install via woqi...but it seems cleaner to push ot to preware.
    I'm not sure how to submit to preware, but yes, it definitely belongs there.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    btw - I hadn't noticed the calendar app speeding up, but damn - it does. It's actually usable now!

(I had given up on the calendar and was using just Agenda..)
    -mark
    Do you all leave Developer Mode on 24/7? I've been wary of doing it since it states it's a security risk.

Reason I'm asking is that I have to enable Dev mode & reboot anytime I want to add a great patch or app like this and then disable it, reboot, etc.

Can't wait to try!
    Podcasts seem a little faster, but my big test was with Trapster, ever since I got that it took forever to load the map and trap points, now it all loads pretty quick. Either it's this patch or off-peak hours perhaps.
    5Mbps on wifi...***? And it was still too fast a result downloading a 3MB file at mobilespeedtest.com

3G was more realistic at 1.2Mbps but still a LOT faster than it used to be. Good lordy...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    So this mostly matches the luna.conf [DownloadManager] portion. Would a symbolic link (download.conf -> luna.conf) work too?

Or has anybody tried changing the luna.conf MaxRecvSpeed to -1?
    Last edited by rsperko; 10/22/2009 at 07:53 AM.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    Wow that is a huge difference. Not sure what you updated, but downloads in Dr. Podder and Youtube or similar are coming much quicker... Thanks! Sorli...
    Please get this into Preware.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    I have a couple of questions...

First, can someone who does patches put this in the repository?

Second, are you saying that there is code in our phones to slow down our data transfer rate? Why?

- Craig
    this patch is sick. i just downloaded a 30min podcast before i could even finish typing this. awesome!!!!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Since I applied this patch my hair looks thicker and my dog likes me better!

I couldn't resist. Thank you for finding this and drPodder is great.

-Rick
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    First, can someone who does patches put this in the repository?
    Someone on the WebOS-Internals team is creating a submital script so that patches can be easier to... submit lol. Hopefully today

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    in webos 1.1, the values were in luna.conf. In 1.2, the values in luna.conf are ignored for downloads (and need to be in download.conf instead.)

-mark
    Quote Originally Posted by rsperko View Post
    So this mostly matches the luna.conf [DownloadManager] portion. Would a symbolic link (download.conf -> luna.conf) work too?

Or has anybody tried changing the luna.conf MaxRecvSpeed to -1?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Someone on the WebOS-Internals team is creating a submital script so that patches can be easier to... submit lol. Hopefully today
    I'm really happy to read this.
    Yes , please port it to Preware, i would love to mess around with this at work and I do not have QI on my work pc.

fantastic work. Thanks very much. It does beg the questions. If this code does not break any "laws", why wouldn't some of this be in the base OS?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJo View Post
    fantastic work. Thanks very much. It does beg the questions. If this code does not break any "laws", why wouldn't some of this be in the base OS?

It certainly appears as though the Palm guys working on WebOS are just not as familiar with linux as these guys are. Perhaps Palm should hire some of the great folks on here to fix the problems.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast