Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    one of the best, most important patches out there for WebOS, thanks so much! Totally improves the end-user experience on mostly everything, especially if you primarily use ur wifi instead of evdo/3g. Thanks again!
    Great patch man made a huge dif! thanks man!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    just got a pixi and read about homebrew apps / patches and preware - going to give this a shot thanks!
    How does it look for us to get this patch on 2.X? I am not on a Sprint Pre 2 and I REALLY miss this one!
    This one seems to be working on my Sprint Pre- running 2.1.0.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    This one seems to be working on my Sprint Pre- running 2.1.0.
    I am not positive that a patch that works for 2.1 will also work on 2.0.1, can anyone verify?
    I have used the 1.4.5 version of this patch on both a 2.0.1 and 2.1 Verizon Pre 2. It works.
    I just put this patch on my frankenpixi and went to mobilespeedtest.com and I'm at 195 kbps. My phone says ev but I'm not even close to that speed. Anyone know if its my phone or something else? Just think that I should be faster if my phone says I'm on 3g. Ok thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by djrms357 View Post
    I just put this patch on my frankenpixi and went to mobilespeedtest.com and I'm at 195 kbps. My phone says ev but I'm not even close to that speed. Anyone know if its my phone or something else? Just think that I should be faster if my phone says I'm on 3g. Ok thanks guys
    What is your speed without the patch?

Remember that 3G is shared like many types of broadband and signal strength matters as well. You might also want to try this on WiFi with and without and see what results you get.
    Is this patch still useful, or has Palm through updates changed the download speeds for the better?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Is this patch still useful, or has Palm through updates changed the download speeds for the better?
    Looks like it's still throttled...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Looks like it's still throttled...
    How can you tell? Are the speeds really that slow with the patch not installed on the phone? I don't have a problem keeping the patch on my phone, but I don't want it installed if it isn't working anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    How can you tell? Are the speeds really that slow with the patch not installed on the phone? I don't have a problem keeping the patch on my phone, but I don't want it installed if it isn't working anymore.
    It's pretty slow if you're downloading larger files... You won't really notice it if you're just browsing the web or stuff like that.

Code:
    [DownloadManager]
    MaxQueueLength=128
    MaxConcurrent=2
    MaxRecvSpeed=65536
    It's pretty slow if you're downloading larger files... You won't really notice it if you're just browsing the web or stuff like that.

Code:
    [DownloadManager]
    MaxQueueLength=128
    MaxConcurrent=2
    MaxRecvSpeed=65536
    What about when using apps like FreeTether? I'm just not getting the speeds through FreeTether, that I can get on my phone by itself, and I thought this patch could be the cause. Would this patch mess with FreeTether?

Nope, shouldn't cause any issues with Free Tether...
    Nope, shouldn't cause any issues with Free Tether...
    Then I have no idea why the speeds are so much slower through FreeTether, then they are on my phone. I thought this patch might be a cause, but I guess not. Thanks for your help Garrett!

Wow...Netspeed is showing me over 3.5meg download....i can see the speed with me eyes....great patch
    This patch affected photo saving on sprint 2.1...had to remove. Never noticed a difference to begin with
    I noticed that this patch is now available for the TouchPad on WebOS 3.0. Is it needed?
    I tried to install on touchpad and the wheel spun forever. Was forced to close Preware. After that Preware errored out when I tried to load it again and would not allow me to uninstall any packages. Also applications would not download from the catalog! Be warned! Doctoring now. I won't be trying this again, as the TP seems to go pretty quick without it.

Edit: Also immediately after JustType wouldn't find any applications, although that may be a separate issue as I've seen others reference it before this patch was available.