Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    is that drain per hour w use? W out use?
    if not using my phone,my drain is no more then 4 an hour
    without use. Yeah you are correct that it can not be that patch. I have no idea what it can be then..
    there are some good battery saving tips threads,,go check em out. I'm sure they will give you a hand.
    Yeah i went through them a few times actually. So Patches dont effect battery am i correct?
    so what have you done recently to your phone? it most likely just some kind of memory leak .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Threads merged.

To search for the word "Unthrottle" in a thread title:
    1. Click Search --> Advanced Search
    2. Keyword "Unthrottle" and change the drop-down below it to Seach Only Title.
    3. Click Search Now.

And that is how you do a search.

- Craig
    Ill just put a screenshot of my computer.

They might be big. but i didnt want the font to be to small so you couldnt see them.

Imageshack - prei.jpg
    Imageshack - pre2.jpg
    Imageshack - pre3.jpg
    Imageshack - pre4.jpg

Thanks for the help too. I appreciate it alot.

Ive heard that the battery percent can be a battery link?
    anyone?
    what i was asking is what is the most resent few patchs or kernel or whatever that you have put on your phone . not the list of all of them lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have took kernal off a alot to try different ones. I've tired unber,spk, and f104 and f102. I took the reduce radius off a few times to fine the one I wanted. Also mobilehot spot like twice to get it workin. And unthrottled 2 times
    i would download the webos repair utility and run it on your phone . it will fix any memory glitches your phone has .

p.s. here is the link to the utility... http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...repair+utility
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    thanks alot!
    All of yesterday's talk of UDM patch has me confused. I thought since 1.4.0 (or maybe even 1.3.5) that unthrottling was no longer necessary as the OS was no longer throttling downloads by default? Of course, I could totally be wrong (and I still have it installed) but I'm 99% sure I read it here (not that reading it makes it true of course)
    Use drPodder all the time this also makes ZumoDrive more useful on 3G.
    very cool thank you!
    Is this patch still relevent? Does it work and are there any issues with the uninstall proccess?

TIA,
    PreUzer
    Hey PreUzer. Sorry I can't really help you that much.

As you probably noted, I asked essentially the same question a few posts above yours. That said, I think I've read somewhere in that thread that this patch wasn't needed any longer after one of the last few webos updates. However, the good news is that I'm 99.9999% sure it causes no harm to have it installed since it just adds one line to a basically empty config file (or creates that file -- I can't remember now).

Also, I've never had any issues installing or uninstalling it. So for me, I've just kept the patch installed and enjoyed by faster download speeds relative to last fall. I guess some of us could test the dl speeds (over wifi) for particular DrPodder episodes without the patch and then install the patch, delete the dl'd episode and download it again with the patch. Not a bad idea, but it just seems like a lot of work relative to just installing the patch and forgetting about it.
    The patch available on Preware never worked for me. Something about an extra linefeed character??

Anyway, what worked for me was to edit the file in question, and it did increase DrPodder download speeds. I don't know if it had an effect for other kinds of downloads.
    I would really like some help since my connection is incredibly slow when i use the wi-fi.
    I tried emailing myself that link on the opening post and when i tried to load it on my phone it said

"Cannot find an application which can open this file"

I am not all that tech savvy so i would appreciate some help. I would almost need step by step. If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.