Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Having trouble installing. Can someone diagnose my problem from the entry in the log:

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Mon Feb 8 22:43:33 EST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager/misc-unthrottle-download-manager.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file etc/palm/downloadManager.conf
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/downloadManager.conf.rej

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file etc/palm/downloadManager.conf
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/downloadManager.conf.rej

Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager:
    misc-unthrottle-download-manager.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I had the patch installed manually with WOSQI as described earlier in this thread. However, I'd prefer to have it installed via Preware so that it's covered by AUPT. So I restored manually the origanal (slow) downloadManager.conf via Send File. And sure enough the Wi-Fi connection was slow again.

I then installed the new patch via Preware and restarted Luna. After that I run a benchmark with MobileSpeedTest.com (using a 2 MB file) and I got 2,744 kbps. So far so good. However, DrPodder was very slow (just like without the patch). So I started WOSQI again, received the downloadManager.conf file patched via Preware. When I looked at it I noticed one difference in the last line when compared to my manually changed conf file:
    * Manually changed conf file: "MaxRecvSpeed=-1"
    * Preware patched conf file: "MaxRecvSpeed=-1CR" (i.e. there is one extra empty line)

And sure enough, when I replaced the Preware patched conf file with my manually changed conf file (without the extra CR At the end) I get both: high benchmarks on MobileSpeedTest.com and a very fast DrPodder download speed. So it appears that this extra CR srews something up with DrPodder. Something similar has been mentioned earlier in this thread here where an added Space screwed it up.

Hope this makes some sense. If so could I request to update the patch in Preware one more time (without the added CR)?

Cheers and Thanks.
    Okay, weird, I'd been using the patch I posted here, and it worked fine. The exact same file was posted to Preware and it seems that is slow again. So maybe something is being handled weird when making it into an ipk for Preware or something.

It looks like maybe it's been updated again recently and just waiting for approval though.
    Just so you know, WOSQI is AUPT compliant since its most recent update.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Having trouble installing.
    You may need to send a fresh copy of the downloadManager.confto your Pre via Jason's Repair Utility or WOSQI, then try reapplying yhe patch.

My DrPodder is slow also, has been for the since the last OS update (removal and re-application of the patch). I'm not technical enough to know why but an updated and working patch would be great. It's such a benefit for DrPodder. Thanks for the patch and all the hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    You may need to send a fresh copy of the downloadManager.confto your Pre via Jason's Repair Utility or WOSQI, then try reapplying yhe patch.

I'll give it a go. Thanks!
    I did a EPR... Installed sFTP and then tried the UM.. but I was not able to install it.. So I tried the speed.patch file.. worked well and the speed is what my wifi connection gives me...

nice...

so what is the difference between them? why Im able to install one of them and not the other?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I want to install this patch... but after reading though all the responses, I'm not sure if its just as simple as installing it from Preware?.... is there something that needs to be edited after, or before?... or were those issues in the past?... and help would be great...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I want to install this patch... but after reading though all the responses, I'm not sure if its just as simple as installing it from Preware?.... is there something that needs to be edited after, or before?... or were those issues in the past?... and help would be great...
    Using the one I posted a few ago in webOS Quick Install appears to be working. The current Preware version appears to have an issue with the line breaks, and I think it's been updated, just hasn't been approved yet.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Well I'll be using Preware... so I guess i should wait a couple of days... but I really would like to check it out soon
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I undid my manual patching of it, and it seems that when the whole AUPT3 updates went into Preware, that the updated version of the patch for that, might have also fixed the line-break error.

Some outside confirmation of that would be nice, but after a quick test it appears to be working faster again in the App Catalog.
    i'm in a similar boat with some others here. I had EPR because of a problem with VKB. When I reinstalled the unthrottle patch via preware i'm not getting fast speeds downloading with Dr Podder on my home wifi anymore. Looks like I need to wait for some sort of an update to fix. Or does anyone have other suggestions?
    Hmmm. For me, the latest update of Unthrottle works great...for the first time in quite a while, my podcasts are downloading in seconds instead of minutes. Do you have the most up to date versions of Package Manager Service, Preware, and Unthrottle Download Manager?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I just undid the manual patching, which had been working fine, in prep for 1.4. Reset the device, installed the UDM patch using Preware, and reset again. The result, unfortunately, is that I'm back to default (much slower) drPodder downloads.

Suggestions, anyone?
    Heck, I just went in and modified the file itself so I now don't have to worry about any patches.

I guess I'll have to fix the file when the update comes out, unless that file doesn't get touched.

Sorry, I'm talking about the actual file that gets modified by the patch. The patch slips in some changes to a file. So it makes a backup copy of the original file, and then slips in the change.. which is just changing a few digits.

I can't remember name of the file off the top of my head, but it required using a text editor to open and modify, I guess that means truly rooting your Pre.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    I just undid the manual patching, which had been working fine, in prep for 1.4. Reset the device, installed the UDM patch using Preware, and reset again. The result, unfortunately, is that I'm back to default (much slower) drPodder downloads.

Suggestions, anyone?
    The issue is still the same for me too. As soon as I install the patch via Preware (or WebOSQI for that matter) the download speeds in drPodder are very slow. When I manually change the conf file and send it to the Pre via WebOSQI drPodder is very fast. The only difference I can see that after the Preware patch install there's an added (empty) line at the end in the downloadManager.conf file.
    The issue is still the same for me too. As soon as I install the patch via Preware (or WebOSQI for that matter) the download speeds in drPodder are very slow. When I manually change the conf file and send it to the Pre via WebOSQI drPodder is very fast. The only difference I can see that after the Preware patch install there's an added (empty) line at the end in the downloadManager.conf file.
    Hmm. I thought that the newest update should fix that. It seems to be working from Preware without putting an extra line in on my device that I could see. Weird.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmm. I thought that the newest update should fix that. It seems to be working from Preware without putting an extra line in on my device that I could see. Weird.
    Not for me. I just updated all feeds in Preware and installed the patch via Preware. When I then receive the conf file via WebOSQI the added empty line at the end is still there.
    Not for me. I just updated all feeds in Preware and installed the patch via Preware. When I then receive the conf file via WebOSQI the added empty line at the end is still there.
    Same for me. Extra line = slow.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I cannot update or remove throttle manager using Preware or Webos manager uninstall. Keep getting IPKG log error: failure during pre-removal script execution. Any suggestions?

Barry Heath