Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    So as a recap of all the stuff in the last 12 pages, in 1.3.5, you don't need to change luna.conf, or create a download.conf, but only add the settings to downloadmanager.conf? Or am I reading this all incorrectly?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So as a recap of all the stuff in the last 12 pages, in 1.3.5, you don't need to change luna.conf, or create a download.conf, but only add the settings to downloadmanager.conf? Or am I reading this all incorrectly?
    This is how I did it and it worked for me just fine.
    I'm for the updated patch as well, has anyone submitted it to the Preware feed yet (I'd like to know how well the new procedures they've adapted work)
    I don't know if anyone has submitted anything of the sort to Preware yet, so I won't do that, but this will work in webOS Quick Install.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I had the same issue with the space (I had a space and a carriage return). I also added the conf setttings to luna.conf as well. Everything is back to working fast again.
    yep I added to luna.conf as well and did the mobilespeedtest.com and got great results.
  7. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone has submitted anything of the sort to Preware yet, so I won't do that, but this will work in webOS Quick Install.
    So it this a correct summary to date:
    - The patch currently visable to Preware will NOT work?
    - The patch posted above WILL work?
    - The new patch has not been submitted to Preware yet?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    So it this a correct summary to date:
    - The patch currently visable to Preware will NOT work?
    - The patch posted above WILL work?
    - The new patch has not been submitted to Preware yet?

Thanks!
    I believe you are correct for all of the above.
    what a difference!
    backed up the downloadManager.conf file,
    loaded jhoff80's downloads.patch
    using mobilespeedtest.com -
    before patch: d/l 70kbps
    after patch: d/l 726kbps - 873kbps
    with 2 bar signal

one benefit I am looking for is faster email syncs!
    don't believe this will affect MHS connections, just local Pre applications?
    Quote Originally Posted by fhelvie View Post
    what a difference!
    backed up the downloadManager.conf file,
    loaded jhoff80's downloads.patch
    using mobilespeedtest.com -
    before patch: d/l 70kbps
    after patch: d/l 726kbps - 873kbps
    with 2 bar signal
    When you loaded jhoff80's patch, you just overwrote the downloadManager.conf file, correct? Or did you delete that file and install the patched one?
    TIA
    that is correct.

just made a copy of the original downloadManager.conf to my PC as a "backup" via WOSQI;
    then applied the patch via WOSQI.

in looking at the patch, it looks like it just edits the existing downloadManager.conf file.
    Last edited by fhelvie; 02/03/2010 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fhelvie View Post
    that is correct.

in looking at the patch, it looks like it just edits the existing downloadManager.conf file.
    Exactly, it just appends the new lines to the end of the existing file. webOS Quick Install makes a backup of the original file whenever you patch something anyway, so you don't really even need to bother with that step anyway.

And I wouldn't really call it my patch, it's still due to diomark's original patch, just updated to write to the new file that webOS 1.3.5 reads that setting from.
    I have a VZW Pre+. I was looking into installing this patch but have a few questions. First, I went to mobilespeedtest.com to test the stock speed. I'm getting approx ~1000kbps without the patch.

Do you think it would be worth testing the patch?
    works nice, after the downloads.patch patch i got ~2700 kbps on mobilespeedtest.com
    The updated version with the correct file is now in Preware.
    The updated version with the correct file is now in Preware.
    I was so excited to see this in preware this morning...THANKS

However, unlike in the past, this does not seem to make DrPodder go much faster. I did a mobilespeedtest and got about 2500 kbps, but DrPodder still runs soooooo sloooooow. Any idea why?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Just did the mobilespeedtest with the 1 MB file and got 4968.944 Kbps!! I'm impressed. Thanks.
    I also had to do the changes in luna.conf as well. Before the speed was not increasing 1.3.5.2 GSM. Before aprox 400 now 3000 ;-)
    Thanks

EDIT: Ups, left wlan on. but still 1500 on G3 ;-)
    Last edited by somline; 02/08/2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    However, unlike in the past, this does not seem to make DrPodder go much faster. I did a mobilespeedtest and got about 2500 kbps, but DrPodder still runs soooooo sloooooow. Any idea why?
    Hmm, weird. I don't use DrPodder anymore, switched over to MediaFly, so I'm not sure if it's helping or not with that, but I know that after using the updated patch that is posted in Preware (which modifies the downloadmanager.conf file) I get much improved speeds downloading large apps from the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I had the patch installed manually with WOSQI as described earlier in this thread. However, I'd prefer to have it installed via Preware so that it's covered by AUPT. So I restored manually the origanal (slow) downloadManager.conf via Send File. And sure enough the Wi-Fi connection was slow again.

I then installed the new patch via Preware and restarted Luna. After that I run a benchmark with MobileSpeedTest.com (using a 2 MB file) and I got 2,744 kbps. So far so good. However, DrPodder was very slow (just like without the patch). So I started WOSQI again, received the downloadManager.conf file patched via Preware. When I looked at it I noticed one difference in the last line when compared to my manually changed conf file:
    * Manually changed conf file: "MaxRecvSpeed=-1"
    * Preware patched conf file: "MaxRecvSpeed=-1CR" (i.e. there is one extra empty line)

And sure enough, when I replaced the Preware patched conf file with my manually changed conf file (without the extra CR At the end) I get both: high benchmarks on MobileSpeedTest.com and a very fast DrPodder download speed. So it appears that this extra CR srews something up with DrPodder. Something similar has been mentioned earlier in this thread here where an added Space screwed it up.

Hope this makes some sense. If so could I request to update the patch in Preware one more time (without the added CR)?

Cheers and Thanks.