Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    nope never had the shutter patch, i actually like the sound
  2.    #62  
    Well, I reinstalled the 'Sound Toggle - Grey' patch ( - Green is also available) and now I have the shutter sound back. The patch adds a Grey (or Green) button between the shutter and flash buttons so you can turn the shutter sound on/off at will.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Will this apply to video files taken with the camera as well when Webos 1.4 comes?
    Thank you so much, this is my favourite patch!
    I installed this patch via Preware some time in the last month or so. It thows errors any time I try to update or remove it. It's really gumming up thw works for me in Preware. Is there any simple way I can just get rid of it?
    I'm having the same issue and can't remove the improved filename format patch.

The remove script is trying to remove the following that doesn't exist:
    Code:
    /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.camera-improved-filename-format/camera-improved-filename-format.patch
    Please someone tell me how to remove this patch!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyji View Post
    Please someone tell me how to remove this patch!
    This might just mess things up further so wait for someone else who knows more to confirm but first remove all your patches with preware or webos qi, then try running webos repair utility with the override patch compatibility setting checked. This should get rid of all your patches (including this one) without requiring you to doctor your phone.
    Thank you, Vandelay. I downloaded WebOS Repair Utility, and eventually got it to work with WebOSdoctor. I ran it with and without patch compatibility. The only issue it identified was with the MusicPlayer, but I went ahead and let it restore the file. After a long restart, the only change I see is that all of my icons are rearranged.

So now... my phone STILL hangs indefinitely on startup (until I force a restart with the power switch and audio toggle), and Preware STILL shows this confounded patch as being installed but can't remove or update it!

I am on the verge of pulling up WebOSdoctor and restarting from scratch. This is SO frustrating. Where's Jason Robitaille when you need him?
    Update: I located the specific files that were identified in the IPKG log as being problems and attempted to restore them from WebOS Repair Utility (see log below). After each file was done, Luna reastarted, but the patch persists in Preware.

Code:
    ==============================
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/camera-prefs-defaults.json
    Sending file to device
    	Size: 538
    --success
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/javascripts/camera-control.jsjsjs
    $Sending$ $file$ $to$ $device$
    	$Size$: $39642$
    --$success$
    OHMYGOD, I just spent an hour totally wiping out my phone with WebOSDoctor, and while I'm impressed at how much better the Palm backup/restore has become, I still have this damn patch on my phone!

Going to bed now, which I should have done 3 hours ago.

Advice is still welcome.
    Just updated to webOS 1.4

Placeholder installed great...but I am SOOOO looking forward to having this patch back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Just updated to webOS 1.4

Placeholder installed great...but I am SOOOO looking forward to having this patch back!
    +100!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    umm, you guys realize I released the new 1.4 equivalent of this patch many hours ago. There're in a different thread, as this style of filename patch is obsolete

http://m.forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/232987-3-patches-improved-camera-photo-filenames.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    umm, you guys realize I released the new 1.4 equivalent of this patch many hours ago. There're in a different thread, as this style of filename patch is obsolete

http://m.forums.precentral.net/webos...filenames.html
    Thanks Jason, getting it now!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!

I think it's pretty obvious that we DID NOT realize this...hahaha

Thanks for the update!

With this patch being obsolete, all the more reason I'd like to get it off my phone. Any suggestions???

Yep, I caught on to that. The problem is I can't update to the newer version because it demands I remove the old version; I can't remove the old version because of aforementioned issues.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234