Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Wow Jason, what took you so long, Kidding of course, since that took you less than 4 hrs to come up with!!!

Installed via Quick Install with no errors. Works like a champ!

Just 1 question, since this is a patch, does that mean it will have to be reinstalled each time we get a Palm update?
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Just 1 question, since this is a patch, does that mean it will have to be reinstalled each time we get a Palm update?
    Removed before every update and reinstalled after, yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Here is my patch file if you want it. just added a 2 to the end of the filename

NOTE: I take no credit for creating this file beyond the few tweaks I mentioned above. All the credit goes to Jason on this one (again!)
    Thanks, but I just popped it in notepad and edited those 2 lines. Appreciate the post though.
  4.    #24  
    ok. That's what I figured. Not a big deal until Palm gets smart enough to implement it themselves.
    @Jason - yet again just amazing.

@Audemars02 - I think that for the typical user, this format would be easier to understand especially years down the road mixed in with other photos. It identifies that this is from a Pre and the date.

Since the Pre is not recording the date and time correctly may I ask that the sequence number instead be the time? It would be like this:

PRE_YYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS

That takes three extra characters but now includes the time in place of the serial number. I can't think of how it would matter that this does not include the image number for the day. And the time in military format HHMMSS, I think is a variable in the Pre.

Even if you don't go to HHMMSS, I think that the serial number needs to be 4 digits not 3. Somewhere someone will actually shoot 1,000 photos in a day. So if you are up to 4 digits why no go to 6 and have the time as well?

Final thought, are there any of you reading this who could turn this into a Preware/WOQI patch?

- Craig
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    +1 for Craig's idea re:timestamp...
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    +1 for Craig's idea re:timestamp...
    Yea, that would be great!!

@Jason -- any chance you can update the patch file to do this since it's now beyond my old computer science minor that I haven't touched in about 10 years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Even if you don't go to HHMMSS, I think that the serial number needs to be 4 digits not 3. Somewhere someone will actually shoot 1,000 photos in a day. So if you are up to 4 digits why no go to 6 and have the time as well?
    Just wanna point out at the 1000 limit, it creates a separate album and starts back from 1 again
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just wanna point out at the 1000 limit, it creates a separate album and starts back from 1 again
    Nah, that'll mean it's time to get a Pre II.

Or you should have a Canon 50D strapped to your forehead...

L8r,
    -JerryG

Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    @Jason, Could you change the Camera Filename Patch to the date and time and put it in the webOS-patches feed?

I mean along with all of you other duties as the Palm Development, Canadian Division.

- Craig
    Since the Pre is not recording the date and time correctly may I ask that the sequence number instead be the time? It would be like this:

PRE_YYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS
    Seconded - that would be amazing. I love this patch, but I still don't like that you get a new album every time you close the camera card, and then have to start renumbering all over again. Makes for a very messy folder if you want to combine those albums into one.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Try this attached .patch file. Should output images from the camera in the format:

IMG_YYYYMMDD_###.jpg

(Where YYYY is the year, MM is the month, DD is the day and ### is the unique 3-digit image number)

I can't test this in the emulator, but theoretically the patch should work.
    Thanks bro it works like a charm!
    OK, nevermind my earlier post, I wrote the code up myself. I don't feel up to editing the original patch file, so I'll just copy the code here you'll need to insert after the other variables (YYYY, MM, and DD) are defined.
    Code:
    			var HH = date.getHours();
    			if(HH<10) {
    				HH = "0"+HH; 
    			} else {
    				HH +="";
    			}
    			var MN = date.getMinutes();
    			if(MN<10) { 
    				MN = "0"+MN; 
    			} else {
    				MN += "";
    			}
    			var SS = date.getSeconds(); 
    			if(SS<10) { 
    				SS = "0"+SS; 
    			} else {
    				SS += "";
    			}
    And then you need to change the file name line to
    Code:
    var fileSuffix = YYYY + MM + DD + HH + MN + SS;
    instead of using imgNumStr. sorry no line numbers as I didn't keep a copy of the original file.

I tested this out and I don't think it's possible for the camera to take more than one picture per second (I tried!), so the odds of overwriting previous files doesn't seem likely with this numbering system. Thanks again Jason for the original patch!!

PRE_YYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS
    Here's a patch for that, in that specific "PRE_YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss" format

And since there is no chance of overwiting images, I've also removed the overwrite safety net that makes different folders for each 1000 images.

EDIT: File removed, download the patch uploaded below
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/25/2009 at 08:58 PM.
    Here's a patch for that, in that specific "PRE_YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss" format

And since there is no chance of overwiting images, I've also removed the overwrite safety net that makes different folders for each 1000 images.
    Thanks a lot! Can you see if this can be added to Preware?
    *cough* could just use the one I just posted
    *cough* could just use the one I just posted
    I did use it, but for others, this would be great...

Actually, I am having a problem with your patch. I installed it (with no errors) but when I go to the camera and try to take a picture, it just sits there and doesn't take a pic. The icons for the "flash" and the little photo in the bottom left disappear and the camera just sits there with the viewfinder still active, but does not take a picture.

i have uninstalled the patch, tried to take a picture (it worked fine) and then reinstalled the patch and I get the same behavior!

thoughts?

EDIT: It been about 10 years since I have done any computer programming, so I may be off base...but one thought: towards the end of the patch, you have a line " llog("ALBUM: " + album);", however, looks like you have a "-" sign before all the lines that define what the album variable is... is that causing the problem, or is it something else?
    Here's a fixed version with 2 errors fixed.

EDIT: File removed
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/25/2009 at 09:34 PM.
    Here's a fixed version with 2 errors fixed.

To recap, it's "PRE_YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss" format
    Getting some new errors now... see screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Getting some new errors now... see screenshot
    lol, math fail. I didn't update the chunk header correctly, lol.

Attached is a fixed "PRE_YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss" format patch
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast