Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Would it be possible to creat a version of the Emergency Patch recovery for upgardes that removes all the patches but tracks which ones were in use and then allows you to re-install them once an update happens?

If 1.3 is coming soon then it would be nice for a lot of us to have some way to uninstall and then re-install the patches (assuming they still work/are needed).

Maybe that should be part of Preware?
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    What I do for this, which is not even close to as practical as what you're talking about, is go into preware and look at the patches I have installed and take a screenshot so I have an image of everything I had before removing them. Like I said, not as practical, but it works for me
    i know it's a little work but a piece of paper and a pen can do wonders.
    Yest it would be possible. Learn how to write a script.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I have a task list set up called "Patches". I can check the box of each one installed. It was also very handy when I was installing a few patches at a time during the "1.2.1 keeps updating!" fiasco.
    This sort of functionality does NOT belong in EPR or any other package. Patches need to be individually updated after a webos update, and it will be highly unlikely that all the patches you have installed will ALL work after an update. Also now that we have webos version support, the patches for each webos version can be in different feeds.

Preware might potentially support easy multi-installs in the future though

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    As patches come with a version which seems to be tied to the OS version, could it simply not re-install those not validated against the updated version (or update the patch to one that is).

I realize that it's not how it's designed, it was just an idea.
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by loftwyr View Post
    As patches come with a version which seems to be tied to the OS version, could it simply not re-install those not validated against the updated version (or update the patch to one that is).

I realize that it's not how it's designed, it was just an idea.
    We have a roadmap concept for saved package configurations, and it would do what you are talking about.

No implementation start date yet, still in very early conceptual phase.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thread closed.

Please use the new the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) thread.

- Craig