Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I don't like the main browser window. I would rather have it load then go straight to the bookmarks. Is this hard to do?

    Thanks

    - Nick
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  2. Azthel's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #2  
    i m not quite sure wether i am understanding you right, but my german palm pre does that. i am opening the web browser and boom its there. all the lovely bookmarks ive saved are available.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Azthel View Post
    i m not quite sure wether i am understanding you right, but my german palm pre does that. i am opening the web browser and boom its there. all the lovely bookmarks ive saved are available.
    I am talking about the bookmark screen which you get to under Menu -> Bookmarks, not the thumbnail view.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  4. #4  
    Oooooooooh I see now. No that shouldn't be too hard. Start looking through your browsers config files.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  5. #5  
    ...I personally don't see the purpose... aren't they the same? I mean I guess if you have alot of bookmarks and you constantly use them all, but I would imagine if you just choose your 8 most common and put them in the thumbnail view, and take pictures for it to identify what it is... but I bet a modder could do this no problem...
  6.    #6  
    I go to a lot of different sites, so the thumbnail view is a bit cumbersome. I would rather have the nice clean bookmark view to see all my bookmarks.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  7. meir602's Avatar
    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I don't like the main browser window. I would rather have it load then go straight to the bookmarks. Is this hard to do?

    Thanks

    - Nick
    I would really like this too!
  8. #8  
    Another user in #WebOS-Internals and I tried to create a patch that would display all the bookmarks in a list format similar to the "Menu-Bookmarks" page, but was limited. It would pretty much replace the image bookmarks with a palm-list.

    Sadly it was stopped. Not enough knowledge on how to do it.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  9. #9  
    I saw Abyssul's request in #webos-internals yesterday, and I worked a bit on this over lunch today, and have this working.

    Sadly, my day looks to be quite busy, so I'm not sure I'll have a patch cleaned up and tested until tomorrow.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdklein View Post
    I saw Abyssul's request in #webos-internals yesterday, and I worked a bit on this over lunch today, and have this working.

    Sadly, my day looks to be quite busy, so I'm not sure I'll have a patch cleaned up and tested until tomorrow.
    You rock! Take your time. You are the one doing us all a favor.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  11. #11  
    Yes, I'd love to have this mod.
    Thanks for looking into it.
  12. #12  
    Sorry for the delay. I just wanted a little clarification on this request before I push it.

    Right now I just have it loading a list view of the bookmarks on the main page. It also does a little info box if you click the i. I did not implement the swipe to delete functionality at this time.

    It wouldn't take a ton of time to add swipe to delete, but I wanted to make sure it was wanted before I spent time on it.

    loading straight to bookmarks is pretty simple, but then you give up things like a URL bar, so I pretty much reimplemented the bookmarks list into the startpage, just wondering how much functionality the startpage bookmarks needed.
  13. DavidF78's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #13  
    I almost never use the url bar in the browser, universal search works better, and It would be great to be able to delete and reorganize without having go into the menu. I find the thumbnails to be distracting as they are always changing and sometimes get a shot of the wrong page. The text focus of the menu bookmark list is much cleaner and easier to navigate in my opinion.

    Or even better, skip the start page altogether and open the browser to a specified home page and add a bookmarks button next to the reload button that opens the menu bookmark list.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdklein View Post
    Sorry for the delay. I just wanted a little clarification on this request before I push it.

    Right now I just have it loading a list view of the bookmarks on the main page. It also does a little info box if you click the i. I did not implement the swipe to delete functionality at this time.

    It wouldn't take a ton of time to add swipe to delete, but I wanted to make sure it was wanted before I spent time on it.

    loading straight to bookmarks is pretty simple, but then you give up things like a URL bar, so I pretty much reimplemented the bookmarks list into the startpage, just wondering how much functionality the startpage bookmarks needed.
    Not much functionality at all. No need for swipe to delete or the URL bar. What you have done seems good enough for me.

    Thanks again for all the work.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  15. #15  
    you just put all your web pages in one of your launcher pages like this ,would that be better for you??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16. #16  
    Can someone send mklein's patch to me or post it up on this thread. As I've been looking for a patch like this for some time. Thanks.

Posting Permissions