Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hi there,

When I try to install about 50% of patches, I get an IPKG error, with the common last-line (in red):

Offline root mode: not running {$patchname}.postinst

Does anyone know the solution to this? I have searched extensively.

Thanks,

-Rob
    having the same problem..its annoying the hell outta me....tried the epr also
    Last edited by steel23; 10/20/2009 at 10:53 AM.
    subscribed
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by robhaswell View Post
    Hi there,

When I try to install about 50% of patches, I get an IPKG error, with the common last-line (in red):

Offline root mode: not running {$patchname}.postinst
    That particular line is not actually an error (even though it is displayed in red).

Look for another line which gives the real error. It's likely a line output from Diff about the patch not applying correctly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Same here, Cant get the virtual keyboard as well as the month date and year next to the time...However some others did work like the battery percentage with different colors, new window with each text convo, and there are some others ***...Even so, just got my pre today, I have a bunch of apps installed and im loving it thus far!!!
    MY QI keeps telling me that I need to install two patches. GNU and Diffstat patch. It says that it is gonig to install them and then it does but I still can't get any of the patches to work on my phone. Everything else with QI works but this. any help?
    error generic method exception...failure during postinst operation
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the help - this "offline root mode" is a red herring. I think these problems are due to my 1.1.3 webOS from o2. Will have to wait for the November 1.3 update before I can realistically start reporting problems to developers.
    well i found out the web dr os didnt update to 1.2.1...even though i downloaded the updated dr...that was causing the probs