Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    "Shows the Wifi SSID instead of the celular carrier string."

Was browsing Preware and came across the SSID patch. Just wanted to say a big thanks for this one. Personally more helpful then you know.
  2. nak
    Rod, if you're reading this can you add pictures of this functionality to Preware so we can see what this patch does. I know you have a description to this patch but it'll be nice to actually see screen captures of this patch. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Like the idea but even after a Luna reset and a restart it doesn't show. Not sure if it's a toggle or not and where it might be.

But I certaily would prefer to know what wifi my Pre has latched onto if in public.
  4. nak
    thanks for the screen captures.
    Would everyone please take a moment to review the Forum Guidelines?

This is a family friendly site with no minimum age.

If you ever again see that word or similar words posted in an image, please click the triangle icon under the name of the person who made the post. Thank you to those of you who respond quickly.

If you have any questions, please send me a private message.

- Craig
  6.    #6  
    Screen Captures (edited for family friendliness)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    Rod, if you're reading this can you add pictures of this functionality to Preware so we can see what this patch does. I know you have a description to this patch but it'll be nice to actually see screen captures of this patch. Thanks.
    I whipped this up in the final moments of yesterday, and am going to add the frills later today.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    mine also does not show after a phone reset and luna restart. Does it work for hidden ssid connections? None of mine are broadcast.
    Note that at the moment, this patch was developed on a CDMA Pre which does not work as a phone in Australia. So I have not been able to test any of the interactions that happen when you do actually have a phone connection.

I've ordered a German Pre, so this should be fixed in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, this patch will only work properly when the cellular connection is turned off.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Didn't work for me either. I am on Sprint, my WiFi is WPA2, and the SSID's are broadcast.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    mine also does not show after a phone reset and luna restart. Does it work for hidden ssid connections? None of mine are broadcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfountz View Post
    Didn't work for me either. I am on Sprint, my WiFi is WPA2, and the SSID's are broadcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

In the meantime, this patch will only work properly when the cellular connection is turned off.
    Hello...

My SSID is not broadcast, as soon as I turned the CDMA radio off, the SSID showed up as it should.

Good work Rod.
    aww, sigh: I thought this would OVERtake the Sprint name and show my wifi SSID w/ cell connection on.

is that possible?
    Also, just for clarification, on some of the Themes this will not show either, just for anyone who might ask this question later.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfountz View Post
    Try telling the Pre to "forget the network" you are on on and then log back in. It should then pick up the SSID.

A great little tweak. Thanks a lot Rod
    Last edited by solarus; 10/21/2009 at 10:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    ok it started working out of the blue, as a lot of my patches seem to do. Nifty little patch
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    aww, sigh: I thought this would OVERtake the Sprint name and show my wifi SSID w/ cell connection on.

is that possible?
    It is probably possible, but as I said earlier in this very short thread, I don't have a Pre that works as a phone in this country, so can't develop that until I do (probably 3 weeks away).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It is probably possible, but as I said earlier in this very short thread, I don't have a Pre that works as a phone in this country, so can't develop that until I do (probably 3 weeks away).

-- Rod
    Rod could you post the zip so I can Install via wosqi? This wasnt working so I tried to remove and I get error saying no such file so I cant reinstall.

Thanks
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Rod could you post the zip so I can Install via wosqi? This wasnt working so I tried to remove and I get error saying no such file so I cant reinstall.
    What 'zip' are you referring to? Patches come in .patch files or .ipkg packages.

The .patch file is in the gitorious.org modifications repo alonside all the other patches, and the ipkg file is in the preware.org feed area alongside all the other packages.

Please don't tell me that someone is creating some other packaging format for these things ...

-- Rod
    To those of you saying a Luna restart doesn't make the SSID show ...

Did you disconnect and reconnect to your WiFi network? That did it for me.
    I take pictures both under water and above. I talk about a bunch of stuff.
    Would anyone know of a patch or app that lets you modify it to say whatever you want? not just the wifi ssid?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast