Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Very useful patch. Thanks Rod.

Mine will display the SSID name when I first connect to WiFi, but within a few seconds it always switches back to Sprint... unless of course I have the phone radio turned off.

I agree with the prior post... would be better if it always stayed on SSID name even with cell connection on. Otherwise it will almost never display.
    Nice work Rod. I'm "thirding" the "looking forward to overriding Sprint" request.
    Believe me, I want it to override the cellular carrier display too.

My GSM Pre is on it's way from Germany to Australia right now, so I expect as soon as I have it in my hands and activated on a network here, this is one of the first things I will be fixing in the patch. Since I don't have a Pre that connects to a cellular network at the moment (CDMA Pre does not work in Australia), there's not a lot I can do until then.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Believe me, I want it to override the cellular carrier display too.

My GSM Pre is on it's way from Germany to Australia right now, so I expect as soon as I have it in my hands and activated on a network here, this is one of the first things I will be fixing in the patch. Since I don't have a Pre that connects to a cellular network at the moment (CDMA Pre does not work in Australia), there's not a lot I can do until then.

-- Rod
    Mine overrides the cellular carrier display!

It work perfect, As soon as I get home It connects automatically to my wifi as well as the office and neighbors house when I'm there.

Great Patch!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Mine overrides the cellular carrier display!

It work perfect, As soon as I get home It connects automatically to my wifi as well as the office and neighbors house when I'm there.

Great Patch!
    Currently, it overrides the cellular display when the wifi connects, but does not stop the cellular display overriding the wifi display at other times.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    It stays on Wifi at all times at home, im sure of that. I cant be positive at the office but I'll check on friday.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

It doesn't work on my pre, no matter I turn the phone off or on, router setup as WEP and SSID broadcast, model is Netgear 614.
    How do I change the SSID? It works fine for me but I have no idea where to personalize the SSID. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainZeb View Post
    How do I change the SSID? It works fine for me but I have no idea where to personalize the SSID. Please help!
    Personalize on the router end , Name your SSID. The same as what shows as your internet connection
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    after upgrading to 1.3.1, it appears this patch no longer works. i installed it via Preware, without any errors, rebooted, yet it doesn't display the SSID. Does anyone have any luck with 1.3.1?
    I'm using it on 1.3.1 - I suspect you forgot to remove all patches before upgrading, reboot, update feeds and install patches.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    for whatever reason, after 2 reboots, it works. great work, and thanks!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    after 1.3.5 upgrade, reinstalling new patch, no SSID information is displayed. anyone else have success with this?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    after 1.3.5 upgrade, reinstalling new patch, no SSID information is displayed. anyone else have success with this?
    It's very quirky for me...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think it may have to do with the Pre not immediately disconnecting the Wifi when the phone goes to sleep, but not sure
    I am having the same issue - uhhhh
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    I restarted my wifi, and it worked fine! thanks rob

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Rod,

I just installed this patch and it is a nice little enhancement to show you that data is flowing through WiFi instead of Sprint.

Thanks!

-Kevin
    I realize the thread has been inactive for a while, but I wanted to chime in this patch works great for me.

I've recently graduated from my Sprint Pre to an AT&T Pre Plus, and I've got my original Pre running stand-alone WiFi device after canceling my service with Sprint.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2480237

I use this patch to help me make sure I'm not trying to use the inactive phone! ;-)
    Thanks for this, very helpful to me
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast