1.    #1  
    I am personally not a big fan of the "ripple effect" whenever you touch the screen. I wish I could just make it go away without..you know...doing any work.
    super eazy...... I'll explain it in the morning, its late.
    Sorry it took so long to get back but this is what you do...

create a transparent icon 66x67 name it penindicator-ripple save it as a png file

open webos quick install, select tools, select send file, enter /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ then in the other box navigatw to where you saved the penindicator-ripple.png and select it. Hit send file, restart and wahlaaa no ripple.
    do you know how to make the phone vibrate when the ripple is shown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    Not a clue, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse420 View Post
    That would require a patch.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I've been looking but can't find the jsjsjs $that$ $controllers$ $that$ $ripple$. $If$ $we$ $can$ $then$ $one$ $can$ $make$ $it$ $vibrate$
  8.    #8  
    well...I did it...but now my phone just sticks on the "palm" screen for a ridiculous amount of time.......and doesn't get past it.
    Update:
    Nothing has changed. It just sits there.
    Other websites tell me that my phone is probably screwed now....
    Last edited by JohnWLandfair; 10/22/2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    well...I did it...but now my phone just sticks on the "palm" screen for a ridiculous amount of time.......and doesn't get past it.
    Update:
    Nothing has changed. It just sits there.
    Other websites tell me that my phone is probably screwed now....
    Use WebOS Quick Install to replace the files by using the send/receive file option or if you have SSH/root, just replace those files. I learned that deleting those files will brick the Pre.

Try replacing them with 1x1 px transparent .pngs. I got that to work.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Wow, people don't like the ripple? I love that thing.
  11.    #11  
    I think I am just going to learn to love the ripple. I got the phone to work again, after doing a hard re-boot. The unfortunate thing (besides every single part about this story) is that you have to re-install the new OS...woot! Why doesn't the backup concept just...ya know...back up that too..?
    Anyway...I guess I'll live.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    you have to re-install the new OS...woot! Why doesn't the backup concept just...ya know...back up that too..?
    Anyway...I guess I'll live.
    Are you talking about re-updating to 1.2.1? If so, you must have used an older version of the Doctor. For future reference, you can download the latest Doctor version to prevent this.