1.    #1  
    I know there is another thread about this patch, but I didn't want to hijack that. Does the Email Delete All patch also delete the emails on the server when using IMAP? It looks like it does, and if so, is there a way to delete just the emails on the Pre?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbulock View Post
    I know there is another thread about this patch, but I didn't want to hijack that. Does the Email Delete All patch also delete the emails on the server when using IMAP? It looks like it does, and if so, is there a way to delete just the emails on the Pre?
    Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but I believe the whole point of having IMAP is so that the client reflects exactly what's on the server. Given that, I don't think it's possible.
  3.    #3  
    Generally that is the case, yes. However, there is a setting to only sync the mail for so many days back. I have gigs of email on the server that I need to keep. The problem is, the mail stays on the Pre forever. My /var is almost full just from all the email. I'd ideally like to just have the last week or so of mail, and that's it. I can't have the mail on the server deleted though.