1.    #1  
    With some cars, the Pre doesn't push the contacts via Bluetooth, even after the latest upgrade.

It would be nice to add an option to tell the Pre to push the contacts automatically when a Bluetooth connection is established.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnisco View Post
    With some cars, the Pre doesn't push the contacts via Bluetooth, even after the latest upgrade.

It would be nice to add an option to tell the Pre to push the contacts automatically when a Bluetooth connection is established.
    Does your car identify itself as a car kit? If it's just using the regular HFP/HSP that might explain why the Pre isn't sending it contacts.
  3.    #3  
    I believe so.
    I know it uses OBEX. I'm not sure it uses HFP/HSP, but I don't believe it does.

This is a common problem with the Pre and BMW/Mercedes Benz.

When Bluetooth connection is established, the car's display says "Downloading phonebook", but nothing is downloaded.
    When trying to "send to car kit" as 1.2.1 allows to, the Pre says unable to connect.

My understainding is that the contacts are not pushed by the Pre when the Bluetooth is connected - hence the tweak request.