Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Would it be possible for the alarm to somehow communicate with the weather application/database to wake me up 15-20 minutes earlier if its raining- so that i can have extra time to get to work? I know- weird request
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    lmfao
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    lol, why dont you just check the forecast from the weather app the night before, and just set your alarm for 15-20 min earlier. Or just set an alarm for 15-20 min earlier and an alarm for your normal time.
    I think it's a bloody good idea myself and would certainly use it as it rains so much here in the UK
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    LOL- I knew someone else out there would think it useful- I know i could look the night before, if I remembered- but then i'd have to change the alarm or have one alarm I coudl switch it to then switch back-- ya know?
    I work in construction sales, if its raining I don't have to be in such a rush in the morning. So make it work both ways. How about one alarm time for rain and one for no rain.

but wait how is it spose to know for sure its raining??
    what am I talkin about??? I got a 2yr old that gets up at 8 no matter what the weather is like!
    You could say the same thing about snowing, traffic, late train, kids stayed up too late last night, or sunspots too I guess. This breaks into the realm of AI. It might be hard to do as each person would likely have different needs. Each person might even want to go as far as describing their "model" in a declarative fashion (perhaps in XML). While I like your suggestion, I think people would need to tune it to other publicized yet somewhat unpredictable events. In the meantime, I'd suggest setting your alarm 15 minutes earlier and just enjoying the extra time on the days that it's not raining.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I work in construction sales, if its raining I don't have to be in such a rush in the morning. So make it work both ways. How about one alarm time for rain and one for no rain.

but wait how is it spose to know for sure its raining??
    I didn't see your message until after I had posted mine. Your point is exactly the one that I was trying to make. Different people have different needs, so each person would need a way to build/tune their own model (perhaps as a plugin API) to some known program.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Can we get it to check the obituaries so that it won't go off if I'm dead?
    When I used to live in a place that it snowed 6 months a year I very rarely needed extra time to get to work....I'm failing to see how rain (save perhaps hurricane levels) could make one late for work.

Regardless it's an interesting idea. I think the issue would be nailing down all the variables involved and then finding a data source that would spit it out in a way you could use. Inevitably when my phone says it's raining it's sometimes not and vice-versa.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Can we get it to check the obituaries so that it won't go off if I'm dead?
    lmao-who knows, if you have an alarm notification that is so loud it could "wake the dead..." i know i know bad attempt at an even worse joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    When I used to live in a place that it snowed 6 months a year I very rarely needed extra time to get to work....I'm failing to see how rain (save perhaps hurricane levels) could make one late for work.
    Other drivers my friend, i know how long it takes me to get to work rain or shine, but if i get stuck behind someone who needs to do twenty because its raining then im going to be late. But im the type who wakes up and wants some time to chill and get ready, not wake up and rush to get out the door.
    wow, if life were just us having to breathe in and out, how easy it all would be.
    o dear

make the pre turn on the toaster and the coffee machine via wifi too? also the wardrobe should prepare the raincoat so we dont bother looking for it...
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    Although I wouldn't use it, I applaud the OP for thinking outside the box and questioning if this is possible. To those who have made fun of it...feel free to not comment. It isn't like the OP was complaining, just asking. I applaud the ingenuity of the community...even when some are being rude unnecessarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    lmfao
    ditto
    i need a patch to alert me when funny posts are going to get put up so i can allow more time to read them
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post

Regardless it's an interesting idea. I think the issue would be nailing down all the variables involved and then finding a data source that would spit it out in a way you could use. Inevitably when my phone says it's raining it's sometimes not and vice-versa.
    Its a good thing you didn't ask for this app then isn't it
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    To the OP, and anybody else who would use this, let me tell you something.

I have had employees like you; and I have fired them.

If you give yourself so little leeway in your time getting ready for school and/or work in the mornings that rain would make you late, then you have very little hope of ever keeping a job long term.

Set your alarm 30 minutes earlier than you do now, and do it every day.

Look at it this way, any of the following could make you late for work:

Getting pulled over.
    Stopping to change a flat tire.
    Bad weather.
    Unusual traffic backup.

If you leave for work early enough to accommodate any 2 of those, you will almost never be late to work. You'll also be more relaxed when you get to work, because it won't be a daily mad-dash to the timeclock.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Can someone make an app that raises my kids for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by susank2 View Post
    Can someone make an app that raises my kids for me.
    Priceless.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast