Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    It is ridiculous that album art shows up in the Photos app. I know that there are work-arounds but they would be tedious and inelegant.

A patch that would force the photos app to show only the photo roll, DCIM, and Wallpapers would be super!
    Use iTunes. LOL!!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    It is ridiculous that album art shows up in the Photos app. I know that there are work-arounds but they would be tedious and inelegant.

A patch that would force the photos app to show only the photo roll, DCIM, and Wallpapers would be super!

I second this.

And i hate iTunes with a passion. That is not a workaround.
    Is there a specific directory that holds album art, or is it stored in the same directory as the music? I don't use album art, but I could see what can be done if someone can tell me the storage location.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Album art for me is in the same directory as the music. I don't think this is a problem with embedded album art. I think it is only a problem when the art is in the the album folder. I have the same problem and it is pretty annoying. Some of my albums have 3 -4 pieces of art in their respective folders. It would be great to be able to not see this when I want to look at photos.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Is there a specific directory that holds album art, or is it stored in the same directory as the music? I don't use album art, but I could see what can be done if someone can tell me the storage location.
    Album art is stored in the folder with the music. In my case, for instance, that is: /media/internal/Music/artistname/albumname

Like Devren says, the embedded art is not the problem. (I use Media Monkey to load my music onto my Pre, and I play it with Music Player Remix.)

I would be happy if I could simply select a folder to hide from the photo viewer. So (in the example above) I would hide all .jpg files that show up in /media/internal/Music/ and its subfolders.

One work-around that has been suggested is to rename all of the album art from albumname.jpg to .albumname.jpg. (That is what I meant by tedious and inelegant.) I tried renaming my music folder from Music to .music and indeed the art no longer showed up in the photo viewer, but then the Remix player couldn't see them, so that would require me to reload all of my music (again tedious and inelegant).
    Last edited by Geoffrey; 10/19/2009 at 04:38 PM.
    All right, I'll look into whether I can get the Photos app to ignore specific directories.
    Album art doesn't show up in my photos, either when I use iTunes, doubletwist, or just usb mode to drag and drop music. Sorry you're having trouble.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    i m having the same problem. i ve used drag and drop.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Album art doesn't show up in my photos, either when I use iTunes, doubletwist, or just usb mode to drag and drop music. Sorry you're having trouble.
    Thanks.

The reason that I am seeing these in my photos viewer and you are not is because I have album art in my music folder as .jpg files. This is in addition to the image files that are embedded in the mp3 files that are also in my my muisc files (as they are in yours apparently).

I like having the additional jpgs because they are larger and less compressed than the embedded pics.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azthel View Post
    i m having the same problem. i ve used drag and drop.
    I assume when you are dragging and dropping, you are including jpgs of the album art?
    Well I've looked into this and unfortunately it doesn't look like there's a way to do it. It should be possible to hide the "Music" album, but the album art would still show up under "All Photos". I'll keep looking, but without much hope.
    For the record, I get additions in my photo collection and all of my album art is embedded! No seperate files at all. Interestingly, I embed the art into every file, yet I only get 2 or 3 per album showing on the phone.
    I use mediamonkey and just tag the artwork to the song. I get all album artwork in music player and no art in photo app. Maybe try that instead of drag and drop.