1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone-

I saw some threads a while ago on this, but nothing recent...

I'm running WebOS v1.2.1 + Preware v0.9.4. I'm trying to install the "Swipe History" patch, but just receive an IPKG error attempting to install either of them (confirm and not confirm); have these been updated to support 1.2.1? I know the patch version is 1.2.1-0 and a lot of patches are being updated to something like 1.2.1-3 to start supporting GSM over in Germany...

Should I stay away from this for the time being?

-Grand
    same thing is happening with me when i try installing either of the two "swipe history" patches ...im just staying away from it for now :P Oh and i just did a full doctored my phone right before it x__x
    Same here. Cant install it. Anyone know why?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. I get an error when trying to install the Swipe History patch whether I try to install it with Preware or WebOS Quick Install.

I attached a JPG of the error page from WebOS Quick Install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Plain and simple with what the error says. This patch must clearly be from WebOS 1.1 because in 1.2 the file that needed patched doesn't exist anymore.

This will have to be updated for 1.2.1 which I don't see happening soon since it's not a simple fix.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Abyssul,

Thanks for the fast response. The weird thing about this is that when you look at the version in both Preware and WebOS Quick Install, it says "1.2.1-0". If it really has not been updated, the version number should be rolled back. See attached.

I only took screen shots of the "Swipe History" patch, not the "Swipe History - Auto Confirm", but that is the same, version 1.2.1-0.

Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I didn't write the original patch, I'm working on updating it for 1.2.1 and waiting for a response back from the guys that maintain the webos gitorious patch repository. I updated the manual patch instructions a few weeks ago thinking the original maintainer would certainly update the patch files, but that obviously didn't happen.

If you've already rooted your phone, the manual instructions are pretty easy to follow. But if I can get access to update the patch repository, I'll provide an update that'll allow WOQI and Preware users to install the patch without rooting.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i tried the manual instructions and i can swipe remove items, but they restore themselves like it never was committed

which lines of code should i be checking for syntax errors?
    I'll update the wiki with line numbers when it comes back online. All my line number below are pre-mod since I'm getting them by doing a compare of the original to the modified, so maybe work from the bottom up so it doesn't throw the numbers off. In other words, inserting the first code will throw off the line numbers of the modifications that follow.

I inserted the following procedure at line 27 of HistoryStore.jsjsjs:
    Code:
    HistoryStore.prototype._deleteHistoryEntry = function(url, onSuccess, onFailure, transaction) {
    	this._executeSql(transaction, onSuccess, onFailure,
    		"DELETE FROM 'history' WHERE url = ?", [url] );
    };
    and the following at line 43:
    Code:
    HistoryStore.prototype.deleteHistoryEntry = function(url, onSuccess, onFailure) {
    	this.database.transaction(this._deleteHistoryEntry.bind(this, url, onSuccess, onFailure));
    };
    Then, in history-assistant.jsjsjs, $I$ $inserted$ $the$ $following$ $two$ $lines$ $at$ $line$ $38$:
    Code:
    			swipeToDelete:true,
    			autoconfirmDelete:true
    and this at line 41:
    Code:
    		this._onListDeleteHandler = this._onListDelete.bindAsEventListener(this);
    and then at line 66:
    Code:
    	this._historyListWidget.addEventListener(Mojo.Event.listDelete, this._onListDeleteHandler);
    and this at line 75:
    Code:
    	Mojo.Event.stopListening(this._historyListWidget, Mojo.Event.listDelete, this._onListDeleteHandler);
    and finally the following at line 153:
    Code:
    HistoryAssistant.prototype._onListDelete = function(event) {
    	this.historyStore.deleteHistoryEntry(event.item.url, function() {}, function() {});
    };
    Hope I got all those right... working under pressure - wife just got home and wants my attention.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Code:
    HistoryStore.prototype.deleteHistoryEntry = function(url, onSuccess, onFailure) {
    	this.database.transaction(this._deleteHistoryEntry.bind(this, url, onSuccess, onFailure));
    };
    I also added a try/catch block to this code in history-store.jsjsjs $exactly$ $like$ $the$ $deleteHistoryBefore$ $function$ $about$ $a$ $page$ $down$ $from$ $where$ $we$ $enter$ $our$ $function$.
    Code:
      try  {
      } catch (e) {
        Mojo.Log.logException(e);
        onFailure(undefined, e);
      }
    };
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I think it's working now!
    Don't forget to restart people...
    I can create patches, but I can never get them imported into Preware lol. Wish there was an easier way. When I get home (around 5pm eastern), I'll make a quick patch using the directions above.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 10/21/2009 at 10:21 AM.

Yeah, the patch file is easy enough, but like you said it's not clear to me how to commit and make them available to everyone. I've sent an email to someone I've been told is kind of in charge of the gitorious repository, but I've not yet heard back.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Yeah, the patch file is easy enough, but like you said it's not clear to me how to commit and make them available to everyone. I've sent an email to someone I've been told is kind of in charge of the gitorious repository, but I've not yet heard back.
    I'll address this issue with the webos-internals team.

you should message emoney33 or Jason R. They can direct you in the right direction.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I emailed dBsooner, as advised here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...questions.html. Hopefully I'll hear from him soon.
    Still waiting to here back on how to post this and make it available to everyone via Preware and in the list of patches in WebOS Quick Install, but here's the updated 1.2.1 patch file.

You can install this with the latest version of WebOS Quick Install very easily. Unzip it, drag and drop it on the main screen and select Install.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    wtgreen,

Thanks for the patch file, that worked (via WOSQI). I see that this is the "Auto Confirm" version. I did not get prompted to "Delete" or "Cancel" when I swiped. I'd like to see the other version get updated too if possible.

Out of curiosity, before I tried the WOSQI route, I went onto PreWare and noticed that the version for the "Swipe Delete" was changed to 1.2.1-7 so I tried that first. That did NOT work and I got what looks like the same error as previously with version 1.2.1-0. This is just an FYI, great work on the update via WOSQI.

Thank you.

Kevin