1.    #1  
    So it's kind of what it says, but what I did exactly is in version 1.2.0 i had patched a few things.

They were the "add/delete page" patch, LED notifications, hidden clock, but i don't recall exactly patching the "no sound alert" during usb plug in. I really liked that feature, because it alerted me to choose out of the 3 what to do.

The phone then automatically wanted to update to 1.2.1 and I let it do that. When it booted up after updating, the patches were gone (at least their effects: no more addpage/delete page, etc) and I noticed there was a problem with charging from the USB, it would say it's charging, but battery wouldn't charge, it would die off.

I removed all the patches/apps I could (except my few previous patches weren't showing up anymore to remove) and tried to reinstall the patches and then to uninstall them. I finally got it to charge with the USB (after getting down to 17% battery) after tinkering with it, but it still doesn't make the USB plugged in notification.

I have used WebOS Repair Utility (Override Compatibility checked) and it fixed a few files, here's the log:

Backup file missing: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Backup file missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/themes.json
    --user restored file.
    Backup file missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/manualanalog/manualanalog-clock-functions.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Backup file missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/themes/manualanalog/manualanalog-clock.html
    --user restored file.
    Backup file missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Backup file missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Backup file missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/calllog-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Backup file missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/missedcall-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Backup file missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/announcer-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Backup file missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    --user restored file.
    Backup file missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html
    --user restored file.
    Scan complete!
    ==============================

I also manually restored "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $to$ $the$ $pre$

More info, the "Charging alert vibrate only" will not install (failure), hinting there's something not right with a file to be patched?? "no sound alert" installs and removes fine.

but there's still no notification alert...

How do I get the notification back? what file can I replace in my Pre for it to work? I've restarted and restarted. PLEASE help!

*I don't want to reset the internal memory because i'll lose SMS and call logs.
  2.    #2  
    ok bump.... I hope i didn't scare everyone away with the length...

anyone know where the database for the text messages and call logs is kept? I can try to save those and hard reset the phone to factory specs then.

**edit**reading back, i'm not missing the dialog where you can choose media sync, usb connection, and just charge....

I'm just missing the sound/vibrate.... i want that back
    Quote Originally Posted by abel_s View Post
    anyone know where the database for the text messages and call logs is kept?
    /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
  4.    #4  
    hey thanks very much,

i wonder if internalz has access to that section to copy the file from the internal memory back into that folder?

***This might just be a good breakthrough for the people that want to sync and restore their phones wouldn't it? they wanted to have a better clone of their previous phone ... so exporting and importing the "PalmDatabase.db3" would work nicer than palm's over the air restore.
  5.    #5  
    Hmm copying the /var/luna/data/ and the /var/luna/preferences/ folders SEEMS like it would save user settings, sms, call logs, browser shortcuts, and a few others.... how useful is this for backing up the phone like NVBackup did???

I'm about to do it and then copy those back into the phone, we'll see how it goes, hopefully I don't lose anything.