1.    #1  
    Using Preware, I was in the process of installing the "silence dialpad, add haptic feedback" or "Charging Alert Vibrate Only" patch when I inadvertently navigated backward out of the patch screen using the gesture area. Now, the patch seems to have been applied (the dialpad vibrates), but my pre does not register that the patch has been applied. This is apparent because the patch is not listed in Preware as an "Installed App." Also, when I click on the patch in Preware, the "Install" button is still visible, not "Remove." Also, I receive an error message when I attempt to reinstall the patch (using both Preware and Quick Install.

I'm afraid that I will not be able to remove the patch once a new WebOS update arrives. Is there an alternate method for removing the patch, or at leasting properly registering that the patch has been applied?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
    open web os QI and click on tools(with your phone plugged in and in dev mode and just charge ) device management to the right it says user installed apps then it says applications look in there first for the patch then if you dont see it click on applications and patches will pop up, but look i both apps and patches .sometimes when patch dont uninstall or install correctly they end up in the apps installed even though they are not there. i dont understand why.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Shadavis08,

Thanks for the assistance, but the patch does not show up under either applications or patches.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_mann View Post
    I'm afraid that I will not be able to remove the patch once a new WebOS update arrives. Is there an alternate method for removing the patch, or at leasting properly registering that the patch has been applied?
    Most patches won't cause any problems if they remain installed during an update. The main risk is that the update overwrites the file changes made by the patch, and then the patch tools would think that you have the patch installed when you don't. But that won't be a problem for you in this case.

Still, if you'd like to remove the patch, you can just restore the original file with WebOS Repair Utility: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    open web os QI and click on tools(with your phone plugged in and in dev mode and just charge ) device management to the right it says user installed apps then it says applications look in there first for the patch then if you dont see it click on applications and patches will pop up, but look i both apps and patches .sometimes when patch dont uninstall or install correctly they end up in the apps installed even though they are not there. i dont understand why.
    I had a failed remove of the patch for charging alert vibrate only. Your tip to use web os QI cleaned it up.

Thanks