1.    #1  
    similar function to 'open in new card' except, it opens and loads in the background
    +1 for this. i open links in new tabs a lot, and this workflow would save quite a bit of back-and-forth.
  3.    #3  
    even better would be accessing the sub menu by holding down (tap and hold?) the link for about a second so we wouldn't even need the keyboard!
  4.    #4  
    the title should read 'open LINK in a new bg card'
    Quote Originally Posted by balm View Post
    even better would be accessing the sub menu by holding down (tap and hold?) the link for about a second so we wouldn't even need the keyboard!
    that's actually the exact thing i'm requesting as a patch as well actually... do a search for my posts and you'll see that thread. i'm actually kind of bummed that not a lot of people are interested in such a patch, but between this request and mine, the web browsing experience would be much better.
    +1 on both ideas
    +1 from me as well, use tabs in firefox all the time, and hate it when it switches immediately, annoys me with the pre as well!
    If I had any type of real computer skills, writing a patch to open in new card would be REALLY high on my list.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I find this frustrating, too. Unfortunately, I don't only want it to open browser cards in the background only from the web browser but from Tweed and Spaz and e-mail, etc. I'd even accept a patch to the browser, itself, so it *always* loads in the background (without taking focus). Of course, it has to really *load* the page back there, too!
    ok, so if you hit the orange button and the link, it opens up a menu where you can choose new card
    Last edited by Zuko; 02/11/2010 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
    ok, so if you hit the orange button and the link, it opens up a menu where you can choose new card
    they are saying that they dont want the card to open in the forground. i agree, and also like the idea of holding a link to do this automatically
    +1 on idea