Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi, i was wondering if someone can make this happen. I've installed the patches to make email and messaging work in landscape mode to use the virtual kb. Sometimes it's a little slow and i want to pull the keyboard out. Is it possible to force it into portrait mode as soon as i slide out the kb and keep it locked in portrait mode until the keyboard is slid back in?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    just turn the phone in the direction that corresponds to the orientation you would like for the screen to be in?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    just turn the phone in the direction that corresponds to the orientation you would like for the screen to be in?
    The problem is that this is a reoccurring issue. While Palm's intentions are true and fair, there are occasions such as laying down when the orientation will shift despite having the screen in "portrait" view from your point of view.

What is truly needed in a gesture key combination to lock the screen orientation or something of this magnitude.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 10/18/2009 at 12:04 AM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The problem is that this is a reoccurring issue. While Palm's intentions are true and fair, there are occasions such as laying down when the orientation while shift despite having the screen in "portrait" view from your point of view.

What is truly needed in a gesture key combination to lock the screen orientation or something of this magnitude.
    you cleared up the issue for me thank you. I wasn't quite sure what the op was trying to say. I know exactly what you are talking about now. I notice this when I am laying down to go to bed and I am checking my email once more before I hit the hay.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    yeah sorry if i wasn't clear in my initial post but Abyssul clarified it. thanks!
    I would love this too, but somehow I suspect you'd have to do this for each application.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I would love this too, but somehow I suspect you'd have to do this for each application.
    I don't think so. There can be a global setting for it possibly.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    +1

i use the pre while lying down all the time and the auto-orientation switch drives me nutz.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I agree.
    I'd love to see a patch that allows a way to 'lock' the browser into either portrait or landscape mode and ignore the accelerometer.
    As others mentioned, while reading pages in bed is the main application.

Thanks for all the Pre Patches thus far developers.
    +1 on this... drives me nuts
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    +1 I wont lie i never thought of this until reading the post but it sure would be nice to be able to lock the orientation cuz i am one lazy mofo and spend a lot of time horizonal...
    Yeah, a way to the lock screen-orientation would be great.