Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Big thanks to eddieck:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ted-911-a.html

I present a patch (available in Preware) that will remove the pre-populated number that appears when you select the Emergency Button.

This will force a user to press the Emergency button, then type out 911 (or corresponding number for your locale) to access your emergency services. I have not tested this for other locales, but it worked for 911.

Available via Preware

Please use the "Thank" button.

Licensed under: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/..._webOS-Patches
    Last edited by Abyssul; 10/25/2009 at 03:13 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    So this allows the phone to be used to call any number even when it's locked?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
    So this allows the phone to be used to call any number even when it's locked?
    Nope, only numbers prescribed by Palm's emergency number list which are "911", "112", "000", "08", "110", "999", "118", "119", "#911", "*911"

Is there an ETA as to when this will be available via Preware?

Thanks!
    awesome, thanks
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Nope, only numbers prescribed by Palm's emergency number list which are "911", "112", "000", "08", "110", "999", "118", "119", "#911", "*911"
    Excellent!
  7.    #7  
    I'm incapable of adding it to the WebOS Internal patch feed. I wouldn't mind if someone added it as long as I was the author/maintainer...

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Is there an ETA as to when this will be available via Preware?

Thanks!
    It's there now. Congrats Abyssul!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Just got through Preware and the patch works great and thanks to those involved!

I thought it would be a nice touch to include a red cross symbol as the backdrop for this specific dialer and having 911 already dialed in so hitting 'talk' was all that is required in an emergency. (if those things are possible?)
    Last edited by Freshyz; 10/23/2009 at 01:59 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    having 911 already dialed in so hitting 'talk' was all that is required in an emergency. (if those things are possible?)
    I'm pretty sure that was the stock function. This gets rid of the 911 "prepopulated" (already typed in) so it isn't as easy to just hit the emergency services button then call button.

I'm pretty sure that was the stock function.
    I think the stock function pre-populated 911 to the dial pad AND dialed it. That's why it was causing problems, it was a 1-touch dial.
    Abyssul....I have a "cosmetic" suggestion for your patch. Currently when you hit the emergency call button, it brings up the dial pad. Would it be possible to add something at the very top so that you know that you are in the emergency call mode?

I was thinking of something simple such as "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" somewhere on the screen, maybe at the top in red letters. Once you start entering the numbers, then they will appear in this area.

Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Nice patch, just curious - is it possible to change the Emergency # list? For example, could I add my campus police's number to the list so I could call them through this dialer, or is that locked down?
    Very nice patch...just wondering were you got the red dialpad as shown in your patch screenpic. Which theme is it?

Dumb question - I see it n your sig.... NEVERMIND
    sent from my Palm Pre
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    Nice patch, just curious - is it possible to change the Emergency # list? For example, could I add my campus police's number to the list so I could call them through this dialer, or is that locked down?
    WebOS lists all the emergency numbers at line 15 of 1161 of app-assistant.jsjsjs

If you want to add more, then use WebOS Quick Install to retrieve this file located at "usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$;. $Go$ $to$ $line$ $15$ $which$ $lists$ $all$ $the$ $numbers$ $and$ $add$ $the$ $number$($s$) $you$ $want$. $Save$ $it$, $then$ $send$ $it$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $same$ $spot$ $on$ $the$ $Pre$ $with$ $the$ &$quot$;$send$ $file$&$quot$; $feature$ $of$ $WebOS$ $Quick$ $Install$. $Reboot$ $and$ $test$ $it$.

I don't know if this will work as I have not tested it, but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work.

Abyssul....I have a "cosmetic" suggestion for your patch. Currently when you hit the emergency call button, it brings up the dial pad. Would it be possible to add something at the very top so that you know that you are in the emergency call mode?

I was thinking of something simple such as "EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY" somewhere on the screen, maybe at the top in red letters. Once you start entering the numbers, then they will appear in this area.

Just a thought.
    I'll look into something like that tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

16.    #16  
    Updated license info.

I'll look into something like that tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Hi Abyssul....just wondering if you had a chance to look into this suggestion?

Thanks!
  18.    #18  
    Hi Abyssul....just wondering if you had a chance to look into this suggestion?

Thanks!
    I did look into, but had no success. I'll see if I can get someone to hint me in the right direction.

I tried installing the patch with both WebOS and Preware. Both are unsuccessful with errors. I have attached the screen shot of the WebOS error. Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sipriano View Post
    I tried installing the patch with both WebOS and Preware. Both are unsuccessful with errors. I have attached the screen shot of the WebOS error. Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks.
    Have you installed this patch before? It is saying that you have already installed this patch.

If not, I can come up with a solution if you have root access (preferably). WebOS Quick Install Linux command line might work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast