Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Update 3
    I've developed an alternate version of the patch which ignores the slider when a headset (wired or bluetooth) is attached. It should be available on Preware and webOS Quick Install shortly.

Update 2
    This patch is compatible with webOS 1.3.1.

Update
    This patch is now available via Preware and WebOS Quick Install, thanks to dBsooner at webos-internals.

On Preware, go to: Patch -> Phone -> Close Slider to End Calls
    On WebOS Quick Install, go to: Tools -> Tweaks -> KeyToss' slide to end call

Note that you'll need to restart Luna or the device after installation.

KeyToss Phone Slider Patch

This patch allows you to hang up phone calls by sliding the Pre closed.

Notes
    Requires webOS 1.3.1 or webOS 1.2.1. It is NOT compatible with webOS 1.1.3.

It will hang up only if the phone is open first. If your phone is already closed, it won't interrupt your call unless you open it and then slide it shut it again.

If you are on multiple calls, this will disconnect all of them.

This works even if the phone is in card view, or running in the background.

The Pre already allows you to answer phone calls by sliding it open as of webOS 1.2.

This will probably do absolutely nothing on the Pixi and any other devices with different form factors.

If you prefer to manually install the patch, or if you want to see what the patch does, here's the patch file:
    keytoss-phone-slider.patch
    See VeeDubb65's instructions in this thread for manual installation.
    Last edited by samkim; 11/17/2009 at 12:26 PM.
    I will most certainly be testing this as soon as I get home from work and have a way to get this onto my Pre. If it works, you'll be my hero for the day.
    I've been waiting along time for this patch!! GREAT WORK!!
    Last edited by crazyazn23; 10/17/2009 at 06:04 PM.
    im looking forward to this also.
    I just installed this from the command line, and I had no issues what so ever. As far as I can see, it works flawlessly.

This certainly should be in Preware.
    Now we can be just like Nathan from Heroes! Thanks for the patch.
    Awesome! I posted a thread about wanting this a while ago. Perfect! Now come up with one that brings up contacts from the dialer pad and my life will be complete.
    I'm glad that this patch is around, because it's certainly be brought up as a need. However, I wonder if it would be more trouble than it's worth: I think I'd be afraid of using my phone with my BT headset, and need to open the keyboard to enter an item in my calendar or memo app, and then be unable to close and put away my phone until the conversation is over.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I just installed this from the command line, and I had no issues what so ever. As far as I can see, it works flawlessly.

This certainly should be in Preware.
    can you let me know how to install from command line or point me in a direction where i can learn how to do it. Thank you very much
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Nevermind I just installed via WOSQI

works like a charm
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'm glad that this patch is around, because it's certainly be brought up as a need. However, I wonder if it would be more trouble than it's worth: I think I'd be afraid of using my phone with my BT headset, and need to open the keyboard to enter an item in my calendar or memo app, and then be unable to close and put away my phone until the conversation is over.
    Looking cool has its trade-offs.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Looking cool has its trade-offs.
    Well, you've got me there!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    would you mind putting up the code to remove the patch? Thank you once again.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    You can use WebOS Quick Install to remove it.

Just go to Tools/Device Management and select the Patches list.
    Miraculously, I figured out how to instal with the patch and QI. And it works! Except that used phone home, a new app in the Palm catalog -- love it, and it doesn't work with a call made with that. But if I dial the number myself, or he dials me, it works great.

Thanks so much!!!!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    Miraculously, I figured out how to instal with the patch and QI. And it works! Except that used phone home, a new app in the Palm catalog -- love it, and it doesn't work with a call made with that. But if I dial the number myself, or he dials me, it works great.

Thanks so much!!!!
    Since the patch is a modification of the built-in phone app, it adds the functionality only to that app.

It'd be pretty simple for the developers of Phone Home to add this feature though.
    Works great!!
    I see the patch file, do I install it through the linux command line part of webos QI? Is this patch giong to be put in a zip file soon for eazy install?
    can you let me know how to install from command line or point me in a direction where i can learn how to do it. Thank you very much
    Nevermind I just installed via WOSQI

works like a charm
    First of all, let me say that if you don't already know how to do this kind of thing through the command line, it's easier to use WebOSQuickInstall to install and remove the patch.

To add patches from the command line:

Copy the patch to your Pre.
    As root, do the following:
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /
    quilt import /path/to/patch
    quilt push
    mount -o remount,ro /
    To remove a patch from your Pre.
    As root, do the following:
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /
    quilt import /path/to/patch
    quilt pop
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Don't forget to restart luna after installing or removing any patch.
    guess i will wait for preware to install it...
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast