Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    I have both slider and phone close and it works great!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Love this patch.... is it possible to make it so that if you are on a call with the slider open and you choose to use the speakerphone that it will allow the slider to close without ending the call?
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by msb113 View Post
    Love this patch.... is it possible to make it so that if you are on a call with the slider open and you choose to use the speakerphone that it will allow the slider to close without ending the call?
    Perhaps that could be an option under preferences. I'm not sure that everyone would want that by default. I won't have time to look at it real soon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kshubert View Post
    I have no idea. I uninstalled it, waited a few days, and reinstalled it, and now I've had it installed for a week without any issues whatsoever. So I guess it was just a random glitch for me. Now that my phone isn't crashing, I love this patch! Thanks!
    It's not just you kshubert, I have this same issue (but I also love this patch too, so I want to work this out). I don't see how uninstalling and reinstalling can help here, can you let me know if you had the same problem? I also have the latest webOS. It appears to happen randomly, but not always on a call. Sometimes I will be typing an email and close the slider, then it crashes just like on a call. This only started happening after I installed this patch. There is definitely a bug working it's way out here, I'd be willing to help the developer but their website keytoss is all about travel information and this forum is the only place I know of to reach out to them.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by dageyra View Post
    It's not just you kshubert, I have this same issue (but I also love this patch too, so I want to work this out). I don't see how uninstalling and reinstalling can help here, can you let me know if you had the same problem? I also have the latest webOS. It appears to happen randomly, but not always on a call. Sometimes I will be typing an email and close the slider, then it crashes just like on a call. This only started happening after I installed this patch. There is definitely a bug working it's way out here, I'd be willing to help the developer but their website keytoss is all about travel information and this forum is the only place I know of to reach out to them.
    If it's happening while you are not on a call, it's probably unrelated to this patch. The code for this patch is active only during a call, and is shut down as soon as the call ends. Or at least that's what supposed to happen. I've tested it a lot, and I haven't detected any memory leak or any problem with the 'event listeners' sticking around after the call ends. But of course, there could be scenarios that I haven't tried (e.g., GSM, or multi-line calls).

Some other users have reported crashes on the Pre when sliding the phone shut, long before this patch was developed:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-phone-13.html
    Note adamf663's post on page 13 for a possible solution.

If it's not a hardware issue... it could be a 'memory leak' in any app or patch. One sign of a memory leak is when you get a 'too many cards' error with very few cards open. Restarting the phone will help temporarily, but won't solve the root problem.

Check this thread re a possible solution to memory leaks associated with a couple apps with known problems:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...mory-leak.html

If it's none of the above, I suggest uninstalling this patch for a week to confirm whether it's causing your problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by msb113 View Post
    I completely agree. I love this patch, but I have accidentally hung up on too many people. It would be perfect if there was a patch that didn't hang up while on speaker, it'd be great.
  7.    #127  
    I've updated the patch so that it does not hang up while on speaker or while using a headset.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Has KeyToss been updated to work on 1.4.1.1?

I installed it though WebOS Quick Install, but sliding closed the phone is not hanging up phone calls.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxsis View Post
    Has KeyToss been updated to work on 1.4.1.1?

I installed it though WebOS Quick Install, but sliding closed the phone is not hanging up phone calls.
    The patch is compatible with 1.4.1.1. I'm pretty sure that the version on WebOS QuickInstall is also compatible, but unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to double check.

First, be sure that you've restarted your phone (or "Luna"). The patch won't take effect until you do.

If that's not it, my guess is that there's a different problem with the phone, but it might be worth uninstalling and trying to install the patch with Preware.
    Updated the patch for 2.0.1. Apparently QDLogger.log has been replaced by Mojo.Log.info. Will contact developer of patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I'm trying to load the patch on my 1.4.5 Pre. It fails to load. Is there a known conflict with anything else? I only have one other phone patch.
    Hope you did not try the 2.1 version. If so, just use Preware or QI to install the 1.4 version.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Hope you did not try the 2.1 version. If so, just use Preware or QI to install the 1.4 version.
    I used Preware. There is only one version on Preware - 1.4.5-1. One would conclude I was trying to install the wrong version because it failed when it shouldn't have. My worry was Sconix'es Advanced Configuration for Launcher, but I don't think that should conflict. Besides, the two co-existed on my old phone just fine.

Log says Unable to run command: IPKG__OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-close-slider-to-end-regular-phone-calls-only.postinst 2>&1

Another guess is that this is a replacement phone. Maybe the 'OTA restore' replaced only this patch or some related variable for some strange reason, and it won't reinstall. Of course, I can't find an entry in "Installed Packages" on Preware.

Is there a place I can download this v. 1.4 and try it again?

This is not critical, but I've gotten so used to your great patch, that I'm tending to hang up on people at inappropriate times.
    The advanced config patch for phone prefs has a slider open/slider closed action option. Perhaps you can use that one?
    not working on pre 3 2.2.0 build 3171

Edit; remove adv. Phon. Prefs and it Works!
    Last edited by nikosxeng; 11/25/2011 at 11:22 AM.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567