Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by kshubert View Post
    I have no idea. I uninstalled it, waited a few days, and reinstalled it, and now I've had it installed for a week without any issues whatsoever. So I guess it was just a random glitch for me. Now that my phone isn't crashing, I love this patch! Thanks!
    Glad to hear that all is working again. And thanks for reporting back.
    Quote Originally Posted by APEowner View Post
    I'd like to see this as well. Ideally either a hard wired or bluetooth headset should disable slide to hang up. If that's not possible then some sort of override would be really nice. Perhaps a button on the phone app or just have a press of say, the orange key, disable it.
    I can't imagine a scenario in which you would be using a headset (wired or not) and still want this patch to function as it does. I think the use of a headset, any headset, should automatically invalidate this patch, and return the phone to its default setting of sliding does not hang up.

When I'm using the phone as a phone, holding it up to my ear, I leave it slid open, because that feels natural. And, when I finish my call, I pull the phone away from ear, and slide the keyboard shut, because that also feels natural. Prior to this patch, the final step was to then press the hangup button, but thanks to this patch, I no longer need to do that, which is great.

However, when I'm using a headset, I slide open the keyboard, type someone's name, call them, slide the keyboard shut, and slip the pebble-like phone into my pocket, only to realize, oops, sliding the keyboard shut just hung up on them.

So, because I love this patch, and refuse to remove it, what I've started doing instead is... slide out the keyboard, type someone's name, close the keyboard, tap their name to call them (with the keyboard already closed), and then slip the pebble-like phone into my pocket.

What would be ideal would be if the phone knew that when I was using a headset, if I close the keyboard, that means I'm about to pocket the phone, not disconnect the call, but if I'm not using a headset, then okay, assume that closing the keyboard means I'm done talking now.

But, just because that would totally rock doesn't mean what we have right now isn't way better than how the phone shipped. Today, this patch is definitely better than not having this patch, and achieving my preferred functionality is not terribly difficult, using the work around I described above.
    Quote Originally Posted by je255j View Post

What would be ideal would be if the phone knew that when I was using a headset, if I close the keyboard, that means I'm about to pocket the phone, not disconnect the call, but if I'm not using a headset, then okay, assume that closing the keyboard means I'm done talking now.
    I agree - I tend to wear the headset so I can talk while accessing my calendar / email during the conversation. I haven't installed this patch, simply because if I do this, I then can't close the phone until the conversation is over.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I just updated to 1.3.1, and when I went back into Preware to reinstall my patches, this one now gone. This is the one patch that I really need...

Any ideas, guys?

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by acraniotes View Post
    I just updated to 1.3.1, and when I went back into Preware to reinstall my patches, this one now gone. This is the one patch that I really need...

Any ideas, guys?

Regards,
    Adam
    Lots of patches are missing on preware now.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by acraniotes View Post

Any ideas, guys?

Regards,
    Adam
    I believe it's because this patch isn't compatibile with webos 1.3.1. I too noticed a bunch of patches missing and I thought I read somewhere the the newest version of Preware only displays patches which are compatible with your OS version.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    I believe it's because this patch isn't compatibile with webos 1.3.1. I too noticed a bunch of patches missing and I thought I read somewhere the the newest version of Preware only displays patches which are compatible with your OS version.
    Correct. Preware will only display compatible patches.
    Any word on when this patch will be updated? I've only had 1.3.1 since this morning and I keep forgetting to end my calls with the red button...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortec57 View Post
    Any word on when this patch will be updated? I've only had 1.3.1 since this morning and I keep forgetting to end my calls with the red button...
    X2!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

10.    #110  
    The slider patch is available in webOS Quick Install and should be in Preware, if not now, very shortly.

I'll try to take a look at the headset detection "soon".
    can you make the patch reverse to slide the phone open to answer. I know there is a slider to speaker but don't want it to go to speaker want it just to answer normally or straigt to bluetooth headset
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    can you make the patch reverse to slide the phone open to answer. I know there is a slider to speaker but don't want it to go to speaker want it just to answer normally or straigt to bluetooth headset
    The Pre does this already, I think as of webOS 1.2.
  13.    #113  
    I created a new version of the KeyToss Phone Slider patch to ignore the slider when a headset is attached.

I don't have a bluetooth headset, so I haven't been able to test that scenario. It'd be great if some people could test it out and let me know so I can submit it to the feed. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    yea i got dis from preware and it doesnt work 4 me 4 some reason and it seems like im da only 1 dats havin this problem lol
    Hey just installed I am using the Jawbone and it works perfect. I loved the patch but would forget so many times I had it installed and would hang up in peoples face. Thanks for this.
    I am trying to test the patch for you, but am having difficulty installing it.

Thank you so much for writing this, though! I do hope it works. I'll let you know asap.

For now, I have WebOS Quick Install telling me...

Hunk #1 FAILED at 24.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 160.
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 1471 with fuzz 2 (offset 50 lines)

Uh-oh, and I just tried to start PreWare, which I was going to use to remove the previous patch, and then try to install this, but starting PreWare made my phone reset. That was a little sad. Uhm...
    Last edited by je255j; 11/17/2009 at 10:42 AM.
    Okay, so after that reset I just mentioned, when the phone started up again, I removed the patch via PreWare, and restarted the phone again. I then applied this updated version of the patch via Quick Install, and it looks like so far, so good. Note to others: Remove other patch first.

Now, it's time to actually test the functionality of the new patch.

First up, I will place a headset-less call, and make sure that sliding still disconnects...

Check. That works.

Now, I will try placing a call with headset active, and see if sliding does not disconnect...

Woah! Call did not disconnect. Awesome!

Thanks so much for this!
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey just installed I am using the Jawbone and it works perfect. I loved the patch but would forget so many times I had it installed and would hang up in peoples face. Thanks for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by je255j View Post
    I am trying to test the patch for you, but am having difficulty installing it.

Thank you so much for writing this, though! I do hope it works. I'll let you know asap.

For now, I have WebOS Quick Install telling me...

Hunk #1 FAILED at 24.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 160.
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 1471 with fuzz 2 (offset 50 lines)

Uh-oh, and I just tried to start PreWare, which I was going to use to remove the previous patch, and then try to install this, but starting PreWare made my phone reset. That was a little sad. Uhm...
    Thanks for testing it out.

And sorry, I should have mentioned that you can't have this and the other slider patch installed at the same time.

Also, when a patch fails to install, there should be no changes made to your original files. The reset you saw was likely just the normal final step in the patch installation process of WebOS Quick Install. It does that even when a patch installation fails. I'll check with Jason on whether that reset is necessary in those cases.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'm liking the latest version. When I'm using the phone with the Bluetooth hands free in the truck I can close the slider after I dial and stick the phone in the cuby in the dash. The rest of the time I get the cool slide to hang up goodness. Nice Job.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    First thanks for the patch - excellent work. I have a quick question - is this patch compatible with the "Close on hangup" patch, the one that closes the phone app when you hang up?

I had both installed and when I received a call on bluetooth my screen went dead and was unresponsive (the screen was already locked). I couldn't do anything on the screen. The OS was still running fine - if I hold the power button you can hear the power prompt and my music player on at the time was still running. I had to pull the battery to get the screen back working. I uninstalled the patch and everything works normally.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast