Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    the patch is pretty useful, and it looks pretty cool closing the slider. Luckily, I haven't had any problems with it yet. I did mistakenly end calls but that's on my part.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I had a patch request that goes with your patch. I was wondering if it was possible to make the call screen go away after you have made the call. Kind of like the way it happens after you end your incoming call.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by kshubert View Post
    Has anyone else had issues after installing this patch? After installing, my phone would reboot about every third time I opened or closed it, and eventually locked up (all it displayed was a sad Pre icon, very tragic) for half an hour until I eventually got it to reboot. All the issues went away when I uninstalled the patch.

But I'm very glad there is a patch for this functionality!
    What version of WebOS do you have?
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irule View Post
    the patch is pretty useful, and it looks pretty cool closing the slider. Luckily, I haven't had any problems with it yet. I did mistakenly end calls but that's on my part.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I had a patch request that goes with your patch. I was wondering if it was possible to make the call screen go away after you have made the call. Kind of like the way it happens after you end your incoming call.
    Apps generally have to stay on the screen in some form, as a card or as a notification bar or icon, or else they get terminated. It's probably possible to minimize the phone app to a notification bar, but I won't have the time to look at it in the near future. I'd suggest posting new patch requests in the patch forum so other developers can see it.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Sorry if this is already clear, but did you check under "Close Slider to End Calls"? They renamed my patch, removing the KeyToss name when they put it into the patch feed.

If you don't see it, then you could restore the original file with WebOS Repair Utility. The file that needs to be restored is:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs

Also, please report back if you can confirm that the patch isn't listed because that would mean there's some problem in the patch installation process.
    I could not find the patch anywhere but like I said it was working. I restored the file and now the patch is not working, which is what I wanted due to the fact I kept forgetting not to close the slider while on a call. Thanks
    What version of WebOS do you have?
    i dont know y but starting today im having trouble with this patch...when im on a call and i close the slider it doesnt end the call...so the only way to fix this is by opening the slider and closing it again and then it does end...anybody having this issue?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by kshubert View Post
    Very sorry for the long delay in responding. I don't have a proper answer for you. I don't know of a reason why the patch should cause this type of problem with webOS 1.2.1. Perhaps there's a conflict with another patch or modification? Sorry I can't be more helpful.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont know y but starting today im having trouble with this patch...when im on a call and i close the slider it doesnt end the call...so the only way to fix this is by opening the slider and closing it again and then it does end...anybody having this issue?
    Again, I'm not sure what's happening with your phone.

I can think of two explanations:
    1. There's an intermittent lag in the phone. I've noticed that sometimes, it'll take a second for the phone to hang up because the OS is slow. Maybe a longer delay makes it look like it simply failed to hang up?

2. The hardware switch on your phone is less than 100% reliable, and occasionally it doesn't "tell" the software that the slider has closed. If this is the case, I'd suggest removing the patch.

If anyone else sees this problem, please report here. Thanks.
    Again, I'm not sure what's happening with your phone.

I can think of two explanations:
    1. There's an intermittent lag in the phone. I've noticed that sometimes, it'll take a second for the phone to hang up because the OS is slow. Maybe a longer delay makes it look like it simply failed to hang up?

2. The hardware switch on your phone is less than 100% reliable, and occasionally it doesn't "tell" the software that the slider has closed. If this is the case, I'd suggest removing the patch.

If anyone else sees this problem, please report here. Thanks.
    well i just went into the interactive tests and checked to c if the sliding mechanism was working and it is...so it might just bc the OS taking long to hang up...hu knows
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

10.    #90  
    Ok. No prob.

I'll still take a look to see if I can add the code to read the slider position. The problem is that testing is a very iterative process, and I don't have a phone to test on.

Good news is that Palm has been pretty quick with the OS updates, and you probably won't have to wait long.
    I took at look at webOS 1.1.3 for Europe, and it does not have a certain slider detection code in the phone app.

I won't copy Palm's code from 1.2.1, so in order to write fresh code myself, I would need an actual device to test it on. Plus, I don't even know if it would even work anyways.

So we'll have to wait for Europe to get upgraded.

Btw, while I haven't seen the next OS version, I'd be surprised if Palm didn't add slide-to-end-call functionality by default.
    This is one of my favorite patches because I find it more comfortable to talk on this phone while it is open. The problem is it only works only about half the time. It is not consistent for me, sometimes I slide the phone closed and it hangs right up. But other times when I'm done I slide it closed and I continue seeing the timer incrementing until I touch the Red end button.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    This is one of my favorite patches because I find it more comfortable to talk on this phone while it is open. The problem is it only works only about half the time. It is not consistent for me, sometimes I slide the phone closed and it hangs right up. But other times when I'm done I slide it closed and I continue seeing the timer incrementing until I touch the Red end button.
    Hi,
    Thanks for posting.

As I mentioned above, my guess as to what's happening is either a very long delay, or a mechanical problem where the hardware occasionally fails to tell the software that the slider is closed.

The patch is simple. When the device tells the phone app that the slider is closed, after having been open at one point during the call, all calls are ended.

Please do me a favor... next time this seems to fail to end the call, wait 10 seconds. Maybe try it with a test call to your voicemail. I'd like to see if it's a long system lag, or if it's really failing completely.

Also, see if restarting the phone affects the reliability.

If we determine that it's definitely not a system lag, then I'd recommend uninstalling the patch until we figure out a fix. It's probably not worth the frustration for you, and I wouldn't want you to risk leaving a call connected by accident.

Thanks.
    Very sorry for the long delay in responding. I don't have a proper answer for you. I don't know of a reason why the patch should cause this type of problem with webOS 1.2.1. Perhaps there's a conflict with another patch or modification? Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    I have no idea. I uninstalled it, waited a few days, and reinstalled it, and now I've had it installed for a week without any issues whatsoever. So I guess it was just a random glitch for me. Now that my phone isn't crashing, I love this patch! Thanks!
    mine stopped working, i have tried to uninstall and reinstall but get some error, is there a way around it?
    Wonderful patch! Thank you very much!! I've wanted this!!

That said, now that I've used it, I have a suggestion for improvement... When a headset is connected, this patch should not do anything; the phone should be able to be closed without hanging up.

Might that be possible?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    That said, now that I've used it, I have a suggestion for improvement... When a headset is connected, this patch should not do anything; the phone should be able to be closed without hanging up.
    I'd like to see this as well. Ideally either a hard wired or bluetooth headset should disable slide to hang up. If that's not possible then some sort of override would be really nice. Perhaps a button on the phone app or just have a press of say, the orange key, disable it.
    I have the same issue. I believe it started with the new update I received. My virtual keyboard stopped working as well and I get the error message as well. Hopefuly there is a fix for this, but I am going to take my information off full reset and try to install again. I will let ou know if this works.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    mine stopped working, i have tried to uninstall and reinstall but get some error, is there a way around it?
    Was there any change in the software on the phone that might have made the patch stop working?

And do you get an error in reinstalling, or when you slide the phone shut after the patch is installed?

If it's an installation error, then there's probably a problem with the original file. You can restore it with the webOS Repair Tool.
    The file to fix is:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs

If it's some other error, please share some more info. Thanks.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    I have the same issue. I believe it started with the new update I received. My virtual keyboard stopped working as well and I get the error message as well. Hopefuly there is a fix for this, but I am going to take my information off full reset and try to install again. I will let ou know if this works.
    Update from which version to which version?
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by je255j View Post
    Wonderful patch! Thank you very much!! I've wanted this!!

Might that be possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by APEowner View Post
    I'd like to see this as well. Ideally either a hard wired or bluetooth headset should disable slide to hang up. If that's not possible then some sort of override would be really nice. Perhaps a button on the phone app or just have a press of say, the orange key, disable it.
    I don't use a wired headset, so I don't know if disabling the feature is something that every headset user would like to see. Is it? Maybe it would be better with some sort of manual override...
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast