Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Posted in Engadget comments:

"Will This Work On My iPhone? can I get an app for this?"

"no, you just wait for AT&T to drop your call."

"'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Just installed, works perfectly! Thanks to all the developers for all these greeat tweaks & patches.
    Working great here. thanks!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Installed and is flawless, but to prepare for th enext update i always look for my way out on all the tweaks, but it doesnt show up on the patches list on quick install under "device management" - how EXACTLY do i unistall the patch via quick install?..thnx in advance to anyone who can help
    Thanks!! Works great, posted the new to my site too.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcmd View Post
    Installed and is flawless, but to prepare for th enext update i always look for my way out on all the tweaks, but it doesnt show up on the patches list on quick install under "device management" - how EXACTLY do i unistall the patch via quick install?..thnx in advance to anyone who can help
    First of all, most patches don't actually affect updates. I had around 20 patches installed when 1.2.0 came out, and suffered no ill effects because the update simply overwrote them. The only thing you'd have to worry about is a patch that doesn't get written over, but depends on other files that do get changed.

In any case, you'd remove it the same way you installed it. Install through Preware, remove through Preware. Install through WebOSQuickInstall, remove through WebOSQuickInstall. Install through the command line using quilt, remove through the command line using quilt.

So, how did you install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcmd View Post
    I'm not sure if this is correct, but i think you can install the "Emergency Patch Recovery" to remove all patches. I've done this on my Pre and it removes all the patches I've installed. I've done this via Preware (not sure if you can install the .ipk via QuickInstall).
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I used WebOs Quickinstall to install it..and to removea tweak i just "uncheck" the appropriate boxes or go to device management and get a list of patches on the phone and click "unistall". I see all of them except for this one...and i have not been able to find "Emergency Patch Recovery" on quickinstall ( and i dowloaded latest version 2 days ago )..
    Edited out of existance because samkin pointed out that I was talking about a completely different set of patches.

That's what I get for reading a dozen different threads at the same time.
    Last edited by VeeDubb65; 10/19/2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: oops
  10.    #50  
    I think VeeDubb65 is talking about some other patches, though I would agree that this patch is unlikely to cause a problem with an update. The new code in the phone slider patch does call several other files, but I think the worst case with an OS update is that this one feature would stop working. From many hours of debugging, I know that WebOS tends to fail gracefully with bad function calls.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I love this patch, but you have to be careful when using speed-dials from the keyboard. If you don't want the keyboard during the call, you have to time it just right to close the slider after pressing the key but before the call is placed. Otherwise, you have to keep the slider open the whole conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by markbugs View Post
    I love this patch, but you have to be careful when using speed-dials from the keyboard. If you don't want the keyboard during the call, you have to time it just right to close the slider after pressing the key but before the call is placed. Otherwise, you have to keep the slider open the whole conversation.

If you're not going to leave the slider open while on the phone, why would you install this patch?

I don't get it.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    If you're not going to leave the slider open while on the phone, why would you install this patch?

I don't get it.

What's not to get? I would like to close the slider to hang up calls if the slider is open. But sometimes I like to have the slider closed while talking. If I want to have the slider closed, I was just saying you have to quickly do it before the call is placed after you use a speed dial. It was just a comment, not a complaint.
    With a little more work (I don't know how much) a button on the phone screen, or a setting in the menu could toggle the phone slider patch functionality and then fulfill everyones usability requirements/wishes
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    With a little more work (I don't know how much) a button on the phone screen, or a setting in the menu could toggle the phone slider patch functionality and then fulfill everyones usability requirements/wishes
    That sounds great. Just send me the code, and I'd be happy to insert it into the patch!
    I am getting the following error message when I try to install the patch -

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied patch detected! Assume -R [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch

There is more stuff after that, I will send it to you if you want. I have tried installing the patch both using WebOSInstall and using Preware, I get the same error. I can install other patches with no issues. Thanks.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexor48 View Post

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/controllers/activecall-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch

There is more stuff after that, I will send it to you if you want. I have tried installing the patch both using WebOSInstall and using Preware, I get the same error. I can install other patches with no issues. Thanks.
    It's saying that the file it needs to change is different from what it's expecting. There are a number of possible causes:

1. You have another patch installed which has already modified the same file, though I'm not aware of any conflicting patches at the moment.

2. The file got changed or damaged somehow, perhaps through a bad uninstall of this patch.
    You can replace the file with the original using WebOS Repair Utility.

3. You already have this patch installed, but the installers think you don't. You can test this by restarting the phone, and closing the slider during a phone call.
    If you want, you could use the Repair Utility to replace the file and install again.

4. You have a version of WebOS different from 1.2.1.
    I think rwhitby was working on making the patches compatible with other OS versions, but I haven't been following that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexor48 View Post

Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch

The patch is applied. Did you install it with Quick Install via drag and drop the manual .patch file? You would have to remove this first before trying to use the ipk in the webos-patches feed (in either QI or Preware)

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    works great but does not end calls with voicemail. Strange but otherwise great!
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgalla04 View Post
    works great but does not end calls with voicemail. Strange but otherwise great!
    Hmm. That's odd. That shouldn't matter as long as you're using the phone app...

Anyone else having problems with it not working on certain calls?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast