Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    guess i will wait for preware to install it...
    Why? Just install it with WebOSQuickInstall. I only explained how to do it from the command line because I was asked. Installing through WOSQI is fast and easy. It's just drag, drop, click.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Why? Just install it with WebOSQuickInstall. I only explained how to do it from the command line because I was asked. Installing through WOSQI is fast and easy. It's just drag, drop, click.

I want to install this but, I'm not 100% sure where to start and stop while copying and pasting. I hate to sound stupid and I'm sure I'm just being over cautious.

if you can provide just a few more detailed instructions, I'll follow them exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I want to install this but, I'm not 100% sure where to start and stop while copying and pasting. I hate to sound stupid and I'm sure I'm just being over cautious.

if you can provide just a few more detailed instructions, I'll follow them exactly.

First, and most importantly, you don't copy and paste anything. That would be manually hard-coding the patch, which would be a very bad plan unless you know exactly what you're doing, in which case you wouldn't be asking.

Now for the easy installation:

Right click on the link, and save it to your desktop

Open up the latest version of WebOSQuickInstall on your desktop, and plug your phone in.

Drag the .patch file you downloaded into the main windows of WebOSQuickInstall and drop it there.

Click the big friendly "install" button in WebOSQuickInstall.

That's it.
    First, and most importantly, you don't copy and paste anything. That would be manually hard-coding the patch, which would be a very bad plan unless you know exactly what you're doing, in which case you wouldn't be asking.

Now for the easy installation:

Right click on the link, and save it to your desktop

Open up the latest version of WebOSQuickInstall on your desktop, and plug your phone in.

Drag the .patch file you downloaded into the main windows of WebOSQuickInstall and drop it there.

Click the big friendly "install" button in WebOSQuickInstall.

That's it.
    Well first let me say it works for me, Now When I right click the only option was to save link not the patch.

So if anybody else is having the same problem w/ the link you can click the link and copy the entire thing then open notepad and paste it there, then save as keytoss-phone-slider.patch then go to wosqi and drag it into the main window and click install.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Well first let me say it works for me, Now When I right click the only option was to save link not the patch.

So if anybody else is having the same problem w/ the link you can click the link and copy the entire thing then open notepad and paste it there, then save as keytoss-phone-slider.patch then go to wosqi and drag it into the main window and click install.

Save link

Save link will save whatever the link points to. There is absolutely no need to copy and paste anything.

Right click the link, save it to your desktop.

Save link

Save link will save whatever the link points to. There is absolutely no need to copy and paste anything.

Right click the link, save it to your desktop.

got it. thank you
    This has been added to the webOS-Patches repository feed. It is located in Preware under Patches->Phone.

Thank you for developing!
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    its installed now but when I clicked the link I got a page full of text. Not just a patch file , that's why I was confussed
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    This has been added to the webOS-Patches repository feed. It is located in Preware under Patches->Phone.

Thank you for developing!
    woo hoo!!!
    Thank you so much!
    Very nice. Another "it-should-have-been-an-option-at-launch" patch.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Does this let you slide up to answer a call? I'd enjoy that
    and you can hit the button to end still, right?

Just making sure
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Pre allows slide up to answer by default
    nice thanks for the patch, works great, what i always thought of why if the slider opens and answer calls, then why doen't it do the opposite, very cool thanks...
    I just tested this with gDial Pro both incoming and outgoing and it worked fine since Gdial uses the normal phone launcher.

this is a GREAT patch, thanks.

I LOVE being able to slide up to answer a call, it is satisfying for some reason.
    Now I am complete. Well phone slider wise anyway
    I hope they keep the slider for future models because of this alone
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i dont see it?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by toofless View Post
    i dont see it?
    Hmm, it seems that you're not getting a current listing of the patches... Are you using the latest version of WebOS Quick Install (2.8.2)?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Hmm, it seems that you're not getting a current listing of the patches... Are you using the latest version of WebOS Quick Install (2.8.2)?
    apparently i wasnt... am now... thank you...
  19. nak
    Just saw this patch on preware today and installed it. works like a charm. Thanks for making this.
    I saw a character on "Heroes" end a phone call by sliding closed his Pre about 2 weeks ago and I thought, "Yeah right, my Pre doesn't do that!" Now it does! Thank you!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast