View Poll Results: How often do you actually use the dialer?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very rarely, Only to store numbers

    13 20.97%
  • Sometimes, ocasionally I call someone not in my call log.

    41 66.13%
  • I always use the dialer, I dont like technology

    7 11.29%
  • Never

    5 8.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    Can one of you guys that are smarter than me please make a patch that will pull up the call history first instead of the dialer.

    I mean i find myself using the call log to make a call way more than I actually use the dialer, I mean in this age of technology who actually uses the dialer that much.

    I would like to reverse the way palm did it, Right now if you bring up the phone app it brings up the dialer. then if you want to return a call or call somebody youve recently talked to then you have to hit the button to bring up the call log. Now if it were reversed so when you launch the phone app the call log came up that would seem to me to be much better.


    What do you think?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Can one of you guys that are smarter than me please make a patch that will pull up the call history first instead of the dialer.

    I mean i find myself using the call log to make a call way more than I actually use the dialer, I mean in this age of technology who actually uses the dialer that much.

    I would like to reverse the way palm did it, Right now if you bring up the phone app it brings up the dialer. then if you want to return a call or call somebody youve recently talked to then you have to hit the button to bring up the call log. Now if it were reversed so when you launch the phone app the call log came up that would seem to me to be much better.


    What do you think?
    +1 good idea!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Can one of you guys that are smarter than me please make a patch that will pull up the call history first instead of the dialer.
    ...
    What do you think?
    Should actually be a very simple patch. I'll see if I can cook something up within the next day or two.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Should actually be a very simple patch. I'll see if I can cook something up within the next day or two.
    awesome thanks!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  5. #5  
    Here you go! Just unzip and apply using Quick Install.

    Tested with webOS 1.2.1 and Quick Install 2.72
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Here you go! Just unzip and apply using Quick Install.

    Tested with webOS 1.2.1 and Quick Install 2.72
    Thanks dallashigh you are awesome!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  7. #7  
    'I Want a New Patch' - Hughie Lewis and the News' brand new hit!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    are u that lazy? like really
    It's not lazy. It called being efficient based on your preferences. If he doesn't use the dial pad section of the Phone app and sees himself using the call log more, then why should he be judged on wanting this patch?

    Like really...


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  9. #10  
    If you install this patch with Quick Install, can you uninstall it with Quick Install as well.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    If you install this patch with Quick Install, can you uninstall it with Quick Install as well.
    yes!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  11. Change's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #12  
    Any chance we can get this patch to Preware? I'd love to install it, but WOSQI won't work on my PC. Please, someone get this to preware!
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    Any chance we can get this patch to Preware? I'd love to install it, but WOSQI won't work on my PC. Please, someone get this to preware!
    I think we need a HOWTO: sticky for patch creators to be able to easily get patches packaged with autopatch technology and into the webos-patches feed. For now contact dBsooner the patch meister

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  13. #14  
    I love this patch, good work
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdstal View Post
    I love this patch, good work
    HaHa I didn't think I was the only one!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  15. #16  
    Most of my calls are made from my call history and I kinda find it annoying to keep having to switch from the dial pad to my call history. Is it possible that when I start the phone "app" the call history comes up instead of the dial pad. Or maybe just an app that brings up the call history. Please and thank you.

    artee5000
  16.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by artee5000 View Post
    Most of my calls are made from my call history and I kinda find it annoying to keep having to switch from the dial pad to my call history. Is it possible that when I start the phone "app" the call history comes up instead of the dial pad. Or maybe just an app that brings up the call history. Please and thank you.

    artee5000
    Artee5000 search is our friend. haha I beat you to it by about 3 days. lol

    Thanks again dallashigh
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  17. #19  
    Good work thanks!
  18. #20  
    Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

    The instructions for creating a patch are pretty easy to follow. You have already donemost of the work. All you need now is a gitorius.org acct and permission to commit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions